Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51611 HowTo address the PCF8574

Posted by NooM on 21 July 2013 - 10:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

netmftoolbox has a driver for it

also, if you read its datasheet, its a very simple ic (- but still a good one, i like its interrupt, thats makes it good for buttons and stuff)

#51577 USB To Serial Question

Posted by NooM on 19 July 2013 - 05:34 PM in Netduino Mini

i also wouldnt buy the pl2303.

the cp2102 are very good ones, i use them myself a lot.

the cheap ebay modules are missing the pins for flow control and such, but since i dont use it, i dont care :D

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a731c735c

500000 bitrate works very well on them, 1million i couldnt get to work (iam not sure if it was the adapter or my uC that made the problem)

(thats nearly 5 times faster than 115200!)

i have 5 or so of them, all are working fine.

btw: my ftdi breakout also works fine, but for the price, idk, i wouldnt buy one again.

edit: they are able to supply 5v and 3.3v at the same time.

#51553 5v Power Supply?

Posted by NooM on 19 July 2013 - 12:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

iam using that:

http://at.mouser.com...ualkey967-LS355

i like it a lot. there are also more simmiliar aviable, with different voltages and power.

#51538 N+ to N+2 migration issues

Posted by NooM on 18 July 2013 - 09:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

just Pins. is ok, thats the secretlabs one. the other is CPU.Pins

#51414 Serial Comms with Netduino Plus

Posted by NooM on 14 July 2013 - 09:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

correct, you need to add the reference yourself.

about the thread.sleep: its int not uint, also its milliseconds not microseconds

Int32 Cycle_Time_mSec = (Cycle_Time_mins * 60 * 1000); // thats allready msec, wonder why you named it uSec ...

than: in your Main() add: Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

or it will do unexpected things.

also your threads need a loop or they just will do what they do once and than stop.

about i2c and stuff: trial and error, dont give up, as soon as you understand whats going on its very easy, same for spi and uart (serial)

#51413 Scale AnalogInput from Vref 1.8v - 30v

Posted by NooM on 14 July 2013 - 08:56 AM in General Discussion

Thanks Hanzibal, but that won't work.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The connection to external(not computerized) equipment is via an 8 pin cable with analog signals out of the box for X, Y, Z, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, digital button, and inputs to the box of GND, and Vref.  Vref might come from a regulated source, or it might be a battery supply that will droop several volts while operating.  In either case, the outs must remain proportional to Vref. [/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] For example... at time T0 all controls are midpoint and Vref = 13.8v[/color]

all signal wires should deliver 6.9v and netduino sends an ethernet packet encoding each axis as 511.

at T500 control X is at 25%, Y is 75%, Z is 50%, Setpoint1 is 0%, setpoint2 is 100%, Vref is 11.6v

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]signal wires are  2.9v,             8.7v,         5.8v,                0v,                   11.6v[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]netduino sends 255,               767,           511,               0,                     1023[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]the netduino has a stable power source independent of Vref, but the GND is common between all devices.[/color]

id add a voltage regulator into the device, than its fixed all the time, even with batteries. easier to work with.

i prefeer switching regulators. so no matter what you put in ( >=5v <=24v) it all the time puts out 3.3v (if you set it todo so) and than you can get the full range from your analog inputs w/o voltage dividier (wich adds errors, resistors have like 5-20% tolerance)

#51343 Pull text from a Private Void into a HTTP response

Posted by NooM on 11 July 2013 - 07:43 AM in Visual Basic Support

easy. but somehow i dont wanna write your code for you.

some tips:

private void IsGarageDoorOpen(). why you make it void?

you could make the function to return a string...

like:

String IsGarageDoorOpen()

{

return "no";

}

and than call that in your httprequest funtion and send the return text.

also remove the while loop from it and remove the delay.

edit: also red more about switch. yours is wrong and i wonder why the compiler doesent complain.

its like: switch(blabla)

{

case "xx": { ..... } break;

case "yy": { ..... } break;

default: { ..... } break;

}

#51342 Returning to the Netduino family

Posted by NooM on 11 July 2013 - 07:35 AM in General Discussion

:D :D :D

#51294 Returning to the Netduino family

Posted by NooM on 10 July 2013 - 08:01 AM in General Discussion

i didnt even notice you where gone ...

:wacko: :wacko:

#51293 Can I convert an int to a word with N+2, running 4.2.2?

Posted by NooM on 10 July 2013 - 08:00 AM in Visual Basic Support

first: its const int maxAdcValue = 4095;

than:

what you mean with "word" = a word is 2 bytes ...

or you mean text?

text:

Strint textValue = "";

if (rawValue > 50)

{

textValue = "bigger 50";

}

else

{

textValue = "smaller 50";

}

Debug.Print(textValue);

#51194 Netduino Mini-OneWire-DS18B20-NETMF4.2

Posted by NooM on 08 July 2013 - 08:23 AM in Netduino Mini

hm i just checked, and its not for the mini :(

i meant this:

http://forums.netdui...-onewire-alpha/

if you just need temperature and it wount get wet (like not underwater or in rain)

a simple analog sensor will do the trick.

they are quite accurate.

iam using this one: http://at.mouser.com...x?R=MCP9700A-E/

#51171 Netduino Mini-OneWire-DS18B20-NETMF4.2

Posted by NooM on 07 July 2013 - 09:15 AM in Netduino Mini

NotSupportedException !!

onewire is not included in the mini firmware :(

there is a custom one around somewhere i think, search the forums/google for it, like netduino mini onewire

#51166 Netduino Plus 2, SPI not working, .NET Toolbox,

Posted by NooM on 07 July 2013 - 07:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

grant: you need/want a thread.sleep(timeout.infinite) after

Debug.Print("done");

its unknown what happens when you "close" the main loop.

#51165 Cpu.Pins

Posted by NooM on 07 July 2013 - 07:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

dont use cpu.pins.

use just Pins.Yourpin.

cpu.pins are the hardware pins (like cpu.pin.1 = pin1 on the uC)

the Pins enum is from secretlabs wich references to the right pins.

#51151 Netduino Plus 2 and Communication with Windows Forms

Posted by NooM on 06 July 2013 - 06:46 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you can also do that with serial comms, wich is very nice and easy to use.

a tutorial:

http://blog.codeblac...with-RS232.aspx

edit: i use serial comms for all win-duino communication, its way more lightweight than ethernet.

#51068 Netduino Plus 2 and 8gb SD

Posted by NooM on 04 July 2013 - 02:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

see, research not done well.

your posts is from 2011, and thats just something chris said, no community member ever talked about >=4gb working.

http://forums.netdui...ss-the-sd-card/

2013, post 1 & 2 are important.

and theres more threads about that

you need a sd card <=2gb.

#51065 Wake on LAN server

Posted by NooM on 04 July 2013 - 01:34 AM in General Discussion

wouldnt it be more straight forward to make your desktop wake on lan ?

anyway: you need to setup your router to allow public access, port forwarding this is.

a good idea would than be get a dns from dyndns or something, many routers (mine at least)

support auto update. so you than have yourdomain.dyndns.com or so, so you dont need to know your actual ip

wich might change on every router restart (or all 24h hours)

#51064 Netduino Plus 2 and 8gb SD

Posted by NooM on 04 July 2013 - 01:29 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

use a 1 or 2 gb card and it will work. it looks like you havent done your research well. :D

#50945 SerialPort / Itead Studio Bluetooth Shield V2.2

Posted by NooM on 29 June 2013 - 11:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

did you test it with your pc?

your connecttodrive function looks very strange to me, but ive never worked with windows phone.

doesent it have a normal serialport class?

also, before you use the drive, you have to pair it first (at least on my pc, i search for device once, enter the pairing code, than i can open to serialport of it)

#50924 Main Thread Hangs

Posted by NooM on 29 June 2013 - 11:10 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

let me know the results. i bet its way slower, at least 20%

do it like that: first count a variable up for one second in your main thread, than print it.

than count 2 variables up, each in a seperate thread (also one second total, not each thread a second :D ) .. add it and print it :D

iam with nevyn, your main problem is the end of your main thread, in your code there is no loop.

or what does output0.Flash(); do ?

add a: thread.sleep(timeout.infinite); after that.

#50923 Is it "burnt"?

Posted by NooM on 29 June 2013 - 11:03 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i dont think an usb crash can affect the netduino in any case.

on the other side, something connected wrong with your externally powered thing can crash your usb.

my guess is: youve burned the netduino connected to the externally powered multiplexing thing, than it somehow shortened the

usb power and/or the usb data pins, wich than gave you your nice bluescreen.

#50678 Strange AnalogInput readings

Posted by NooM on 20 June 2013 - 10:41 PM in General Discussion

doesent sound good. have you ever added 5v to the analog inputs? that would have damaged it.

with a pulldown it shows 0.0v normally.

#50620 New to Netduino

Posted by NooM on 18 June 2013 - 07:17 PM in General Discussion

no there is not, and iam sure phidgets uses also a System like that, just implemented in Firmware.

for netduino you have to write your own, but thats very simple.

http://blog.codeblac...with-RS232.aspx

heres a Basic Serial Approach.

ist also possible with Ethernet.

iam using wireless Bluetooth Serial Interfaces for that (like in the tutorial, just without cables)

on the netduino mini you can also use this for wireless programming, maybe for normal netduinos too.

http://forums.netdui...ss-programming/

//edit: anyone knows how to disable the Auto spell correction in ie? ist quite annoying, i write everything lowercase and ie changes that ...

edit:

btw: everything and everyone uses a Basic Client / Server System. like iam now the Server sending text, and you are the Client receieving it (reading it) :D :D

#50608 NetduinoGo Shieldbase SPI hookup

Posted by NooM on 18 June 2013 - 07:21 AM in Netduino Go

After using $670 on netduino go related stuff,

sounds like a lot. are you sure its only for the go? maybe you can use the stuff you bought for a normal netduino or even an arduino.

thats what i do with my electronic stuff, nearly all parts are compatible with all my different mcu's :D

#50607 N+2 I2C returns 0s

Posted by NooM on 18 June 2013 - 07:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

that happened to me with one i bought from china.

but it destroyed the battery too.

the ones from mouser are like the datasheet says... 4.5 - 5.5 volts.

i guess the china one was a clone.

btw: ds1308 is the 3.3 volt version.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.