Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

NotSupportedException while trying to access the SD Card

SDCard Netduino+2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dtoth

dtoth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hi all!

I have Netduino Plus 2 with v4.2.2.2 firmware and I'm getting an exception (An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in System.IO.dll ) every time I want to access the inserted SD Card. I have already read about this over the forum and the net, but nothing helped :( If I ask for the current directory with 
Directory.GetCurrentDirectory();

the answer is . Netduino + 2 has to mount automatically the card, but I have already tried it manually. It gives the same error. I have tried to format the card to FAT32 and FAT too, but no one worked. The card is a Kingston microSDHC 4GB.

What is your opinion? Thanks,            Daniel.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi Daniel, Technically Netduino Plus 2 only supports cards up to 2GB. There is a potential for upgrading this in a future release...but for now you'll want to try using <=2GB SD (not SDHC) cards. You may also be able to format your card _as_ a 2GB card. Does that get you access to the card? Chris

#3 schuemaa

schuemaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

I am struggling with the micro SD card as well. I have a SanDisk 2 GB micro SD card, which works fine if I downgrade to 4.2.1.2, but it refuses to work with 4.2.2.2 (not even the events for card insert or eject are triggered). Unfortunately downgrading is not an option, as I need the newly fixed I2C support for an LCD display and a RTC. The micro SD card will hopefully eventually be used for logging, but at the moment it's looking grim ...

#4 TKS

TKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Same problem here. SD card doesn't work any more with 4.2.2.2. No problem with 4.2.2.0.

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Okay, that's most likely an "improvement" to the SD card drivers that comes with .NET MF 4.2 QFE2. Hmm. Our resident SD Card expert KodeDaemon is currently wrapping up another cool Netduino-related project; I'll ping him and see if he wants to take a look at a few SD cards and we can coordinate with him to re-integrate all the 4.1 SD enhancements into a new firmware release. Chris

#6 schuemaa

schuemaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for looking into this!

#7 SamS

SamS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I do have the same problem. The SD (SanDisk 2 G) card doesn't work any more with 4.2.2.2. it das with 4.2.2.1 Because a 2 G card is more and more hard to get, I would appreciate in the future an 4 G - or even more G byte Micro sd-card.

#8 Don King

Don King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Okay, that's most likely an "improvement" to the SD card drivers that comes with .NET MF 4.2 QFE2. Hmm. Our resident SD Card expert KodeDaemon is currently wrapping up another cool Netduino-related project; I'll ping him and see if he wants to take a look at a few SD cards and we can coordinate with him to re-integrate all the 4.1 SD enhancements into a new firmware release. Chris

Hi Chris - Is there anything new on the SD card issue? An update would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Don

#9 WALK3R

WALK3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I also have the SDHC card issue with 4.2.2.2 and 4.3 beta on ND+2.

I am using a SanDisc 4GB SDHC card.

I hope this will be fixed soon :)

Thanks!

Greg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SDCard, Netduino+2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.