Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Eric Burdo's Content

There have been 130 items by Eric Burdo (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1866 Compatible Shields and Accessories

Posted by Eric Burdo on 06 September 2010 - 08:13 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The shield from Seeeduino works (as stated above)... I finally figured out how to make the LCD work too... http://forums.netdui...-seeeduino-lcd/

#3015 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 01:46 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

@Chris - you mentioned in your other post that the Plus's sold out over the weekend... will MakerShed be selling any on their website? Or are folks who didn't attend the MakerFaire out of luck on buying one in the US?

#2920 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 26 September 2010 - 11:53 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

All sold out now.

Wow...

But... still no US vendor. :(

#3042 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 06:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You guys should have emailed the forum members on these first. We are the most active on the project and have the most to contribute.

I almost made the trip to NY Maker Faire. It was still an 8 hour drive for me.

About the same for me... but I had plans already, and couldn't get away.

I'm still trying to hunt down a Netduino Plus w/out paying a fortune in shipping...

#3052 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 07:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi ThreadAbort,

I posted a message on Wednesday to try to give 48 hours notice to the community members (so they could get first priority). We didn't want people to feel like we were spamming them by sending them an e-mail--but perhaps we should create an opt-in list for these sorts of things?

Last Wednesday's post

Thank you for your contributions and your enthusiasm. Did you give Proto-Advantage a call to see if there were any extras in their allocation batch?

Chris

Proto Advantage has them "on backorder" and have 12 available starting tomorrow (I ordered one). Hopefully nobody beats me to it... :P

I tried contacting MakerShed, but got no response yet... so went with Proto.

#3048 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 07:01 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try Proto-Advantage in canada (is nearer to you :D ) they said will ship starting 28 (tomorrow). It is marked in stock :)

Good luck! ;)

Yup... just placed an order. MakerShed never replied back to me... so Proto-Advantage it is!

#2784 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 06:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm a complete .Net guy and I'd love to dedicate my free time to contribute to this, but given that it's $90 just to have it shipped from down under I'll have to keep on using the Arduino already in my hands.

Beta or not, any ETA on having more available in the US?

Thanks.

For the plus? I haven't even seen one available yet in the US. Hopefully the add them soon!

#3018 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 01:57 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

There might be. There was a delivery delay on Proto-Advantage's Netduino Pluses and I think they cautiously listed a few fewer Netduino Pluses for sale than they were allocated. They ship to both Canada and the United States. I would write them and ask if they have any left. If they do, it'll just be a few--but that's your best bet.

I think MakerSHED pretty much sold all of theirs at MakerFaire NY over the weekend.

Chris

:( (I wish there was a crying icon). I would have bought from Proto if I'd known Maker was going to sell them on their site. The Plus would have been perfect for the presentation I'm doing end of October.

I'll call Proto and see if they happen to have any left in stock... Maybe I can scrounge on up that way.

#2770 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 03:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Still nothing on Makershed... :(

#1897 LCD Library

Posted by Eric Burdo on 07 September 2010 - 02:10 PM in Project Showcase

I'm glad that some of you found my library useful, and posted about your results:
http://forums.netdui...-seeeduino-lcd/

I was thinking to put it on CodePlex so that we can keep a better track of all code changes and extensions. What do you think?

Should I keep the name MicroLiquidCrystal for the project?

When I did mine... I actually changed the name of a few things... for unknown reasons (not sure why I did)... :)

I think the name works... Micro Framework - Micro Liquid Crystal library...

#6053 TRON Identity Disc by Harford Hackerspace

Posted by Eric Burdo on 13 December 2010 - 10:30 PM in Project Showcase

Oooh... now I wonder if I can find one of those toys on eBay! :)

#3397 Pointless fun: Morse Code Interpreter

Posted by Eric Burdo on 03 October 2010 - 12:53 AM in Project Showcase

Now I'm thinking of making an app which takes text messages and/or e-mails and translates them into morse code ;) That would be awesome and hillarious.

If you ever want a good book to read... The Cuckoo's Egg - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cuckoo's_Egg_(book)

Great book about computer hacking in the mid 80's.

Anyhow... Cliff Stoll (guy in the book) wrote some code to have the computers call his pager when certain events happened... and the page gave out morse code to alert Cliff of the specifics. Kinda neat for something from the 80's (pre-text messaging, email devices, etc).

#2299 Netduino and Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 14 September 2010 - 06:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thats good work will test it with a couple different ultrasonics I have laying around.

I have 2 as well... maybe I should try "talking" to them? :)

#3202 How to use the SD card and StreamWriter

Posted by Eric Burdo on 29 September 2010 - 07:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You guys are great... something is reported and it's fixed in a week or so. :)

#2822 How to use the new functionalities

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 09:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

In theory, yes. But some PCs have auto-detect and will swap the RX/TX if you use teh "wrong" cable.

Yeah... my router will do that too... rather handy.

#5505 Netduino Book - Getting Started with the Internet of Things

Posted by Eric Burdo on 29 November 2010 - 11:40 PM in General Discussion

Anyone have a link or details of the book?

#5560 Netduino Book - Getting Started with the Internet of Things

Posted by Eric Burdo on 01 December 2010 - 01:14 AM in General Discussion

+1 :rolleyes:

I've thought about writing a book on the Netduino myself... but I'd probably do better with a "electronics whiz" partner. Someone who knows the EE theory well.

I'm a software guy, dabbling in hardware. :)

#14470 Create your own Netduino Project Box

Posted by Eric Burdo on 18 June 2011 - 02:54 PM in General Discussion

Cool... Nice use of something that almost anyone buying Netduino's, or electronics parts will have. I have two "blue boxes" and 3 or 4 Sparkfun boxes...

#3107 POE?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 28 September 2010 - 12:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

It will be nice to power the board through Power Over Ethernet.
It's an important feature that I really need on my domotic project, is it plane ?

I've never tried it... but you could start here:

http://www.freetroni...net-for-arduino

They also have a shield for PoE too.

#10035 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by Eric Burdo on 23 February 2011 - 12:00 PM in General Discussion

As a first step to get going how about a traditional server that Netduinos could start checking into? I thought the idea of a Google map overlay showing where all the Netduinos are was brilliant!

Once we have that working,we could then try using a Netduino as a server. Sort of crawl before you walk before you run....

I like that idea... something that would do a mashup of Google or Bing maps... and your Netduino.

#2781 Stay close to your computer (or come to MakerFaire)...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 05:45 PM in General Discussion

Still not yet available with Makershed... :( I want to know how much... I'm doing a talk to the local .NET user group in October... and I need a 2nd Netduino... I'd like to get one of these new ones, to show them both off.

#2638 Stay close to your computer (or come to MakerFaire)...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 23 September 2010 - 01:38 AM in General Discussion

I must have missed my tracking #. Could you resend it? ;-)

Me too! :blink:

I think I'll hold off just a bit before buying my 2nd Netduino too. I'm supposed to give a talk in October for our local .NET user group... I wanted 2 Netduinos (easier to showcase different projects that way)...

#13597 Best way to convert string to number

Posted by Eric Burdo on 25 May 2011 - 12:52 AM in Visual Studio

Does the .NETMF have the TryParse method?

#2468 OZ-Solutions - Sheet Music

Posted by Eric Burdo on 19 September 2010 - 11:14 AM in Project Showcase

Oooh... I think I'm going to have to try this today. I can claim it as a learning experience... I gotta learn PWM anyhow... :)

#1906 Arduino or Netduino

Posted by Eric Burdo on 08 September 2010 - 12:53 AM in General Discussion

Well, the Netduino hasn't been around as long... but it's off to a good start. The majority of the Arduino shields and components are compatible with the Netduino... and if you can read C# code, you can usually read the Arduino code, and port it to C#. That being said... I have never used an Arduino... I just started into the Netduino myself. I'm a programmer by trade (mostly .NET stuff) and the fact that I can finally use C# is great.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.