Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Wait...what's this?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

Limited availability, for early adopters.

Important disclaimers:
1. We are offering a limited number of Netduino Pluses during the Public Beta period.
2. They will be available in the MakerSHED at MakerFaire NY and through online resellers. While supplies last.
3. If you do not get one now, you may end up waiting until the holidays.
4. Resellers are allowed to limit the number of units per customer to avoid eBay craziness.
5. The hardware is official production hardware. The firmware is "public beta".

The following resellers have a small number of Netduino Pluses available for purchase:

More details coming soon.

Chris

Update: the resellers are receiving them today via FedEx (or shortly thereafter)... Resellers just received photos and product details from us an hour or so ago, so it may take them a little while to get the Netduino Plus listed for sale.

#2 Azazel

Azazel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

I want one!!! Have checked out three of the sites but neither has any thing called netduino plus, i guess it will take some time for em to actually get them to the online shopps product listings or is there a special requirement to see em ? :unsure:

#3 Mark H

Mark H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

Very interesting, looking forward to seeing more information on this device!

#4 Crispin

Crispin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon, England, Earth

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

Sweet - any UK suppliers? Need to get onto our friends at CoolComponents and SKP - supplier above has none listed :(. *I need more things*
--
Take a seat, I'll be right with you.

#5 RvBCrS

RvBCrS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationZutphen, Netherlands

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

Damn just bought a Netduino a week ago! But I still want one!! where can I get one, one those sites I can't find one!
Blog: Morrison Blog
Twitter: @rvbcrs

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I just added a note regarding reseller availability to my original post... BTW, if you don't want to run "public beta" firmware (and don't mind losing some functionality)...you can erase the Netduino Plus and flash it with the regular Netduino firmware. Kind of defeats the purpose of a "public beta" but I thought I should mention that. Chris

#7 Azazel

Azazel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

Dare i say i have just made the first Netduino+ order now! I made mine from www.littlebirdelectronics.com :P

#8 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

Awesome. :D Last week I almost ordered another Netduino with the newer Arduino Ethernet/SD shield. I shall be ordering as soon as SK Pang can handle it. To be honest, I was just expecting a board with more IO pins. As I've not run out of pins on my current board I was going to pass rather than take one away from someone who needed the extra IO.

#9 RvBCrS

RvBCrS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

Outch $90 shipping to the Netherlands at LittleBird I think I'll skip :) Hope that Prot Advantage gets them online soon! So I can order there!

#10 greg

greg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

See my other post for my thoughts on this.

#11 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

WOW!
That's awesome!
While others wanted more ports, I've always thought there should be a board with built-in Ethernet. It is not for every project, but for those projects that need Ethernet, adding a shield is was the only option and it was expensive. I have not seen USD prices yet, but at 73 AUD that's 70 USD (according to Google). That's $35 for the arduino plus $35 for ethernet.
Reasonable compared to the typical $45 Ethernet shield. Great job SecretLabs! Pretty amazing feat to fit Ethernet AND SD Card reader in same form factor.

Maybe next inline would be Netduino io with 100 GPIO (including 4 UARTs) but no ethernet (to keep cost down), and Netduino Sumo that has everything (100 ports, wifi, usb host) when money is no object.

#12 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Still nothing on Makershed... :(
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#13 mendesm

mendesm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBedford, MA

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

I'm a complete .Net guy and I'd love to dedicate my free time to contribute to this, but given that it's $90 just to have it shipped from down under I'll have to keep on using the Arduino already in my hands. Beta or not, any ETA on having more available in the US? Thanks.

#14 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

I'm a complete .Net guy and I'd love to dedicate my free time to contribute to this, but given that it's $90 just to have it shipped from down under I'll have to keep on using the Arduino already in my hands.

Beta or not, any ETA on having more available in the US?

Thanks.

For the plus? I haven't even seen one available yet in the US. Hopefully the add them soon!
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#15 freds

freds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Wow! Just opened my little blue box and was very surprised to see the micro SD and Ethernet in the same form factor! Like everyone else I was hoping for more pins; though effectively that is what you have given us with the SD card and Ethernet support no longer coming out of the pin budget for the shields. This new card really does target the strength of the .NET Micro framework over the Arduino environment; which is media and network support. Both of which are attributes serious projects absolutely need!!! I also just noticed the LED’s for 100MB Ethernet and full duplex indicators(not that it could keep up with that data rate)!!! If this is beta and the form factor is not locked into place here are my suggestions. 1. Use the Arduino mega form factor and put more pins to work, if you can’t fill all of them just have gaps in the connector layout. 2. Provide an analog voltage reference pin that is compatible with Arudino so that scripts or other analog projects would directly translate over. 3. Jumper Pins or switches to designate if debug support is USB, Serial or Network. 4. You are really running out of component real estate! Suggestion is since you have to put a sticker on the back with the MAC address assignment, make the sticker bigger and add the text for "netduino plus" there. In that very valuable real estate put two more buttons and or a rocker switch and some more program driven LEDS. 5. With multiple buttons you could on power up with depressed combinations to select the debug I/O. Ok I got the hardware in hand where do I download the new netduino plus .NET libraries (grin)! I am assuming that the firmware doesn’t yet support network debugging; yep just another impatient customer (grin). Also for the USB HID/Serial development I need to switch to serial debugging. So where has the erase pad moved too? The little gold pad next to pin 0, has disappeared. There’s a solder blob in its place( solder mask error?). And hey; have a fantastic show at MakerFair! Thanks very much! Fred

#16 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

The little gold pad next to pin 0, has disappeared. There’s a solder blob in its place( solder mask error?).

Fred...the little gold erase pad is in the same place--but it got covered by solder on the "public beta" boards.

The hardware is the production board. We could add an internal AREF onto the board in a board revision--but we'll target the other feature requests via expansion shields (or via perhaps we can add one more member to the Netduino family in the future...).

Chris

#17 skpang

skpang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

They are available from the UK now.

http://www.skpang.co...products_id=771

Be quick as we have only received a small number of boards.

#18 CoolStuff

CoolStuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

Good job B)

#19 RvBCrS

RvBCrS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:02 AM

Mine is on its way from Proto Advantage! Hope I will get it soon, can't wait to get those ethernet projects running!

#20 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:44 AM

They are available from the UK now.
Be quick as we have only received a small number of boards.

Ordered. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.