Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

OppaErich's Content

There have been 21 items by OppaErich (Search limited from 17-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27635 Two Fading LED's

Posted by OppaErich on 19 April 2012 - 11:26 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Got a piezo disc 'squealer' ? These can be abused as microphones too.

#24899 Unstable with 9v P9 battery

Posted by OppaErich on 01 March 2012 - 01:30 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I think 9V is a bit much, that poor lil regulator has to convert more than 5V to heat. Try 4 AAs = 6V on the input.

#24854 DS18B20 (or DS18S20+) help needed

Posted by OppaErich on 29 February 2012 - 07:38 AM in General Discussion

I went through the same thing. Make sure you measure the temperature at exactly the same spot and your readings will be within a single degree C. ;)

#23681 Resistors

Posted by OppaErich on 02 February 2012 - 02:23 PM in General Discussion

Hard to tell how much people are color blind. Only males are affected. It's rare here in Germany, brits seem to have a higher rate.

I was thinking camera when I wrote 'nice project idea' and that would be too much for me. But it is possible, someone at the Parallax forums built a Guitar Hero playing device. This thing is analyzing the video signal.

I didn't know that there are color sensors, that may be not too hard.

Edit:

I thought about writing a smart phone app that would take a picture of a resistor and tell you the value, but I just never did.

Ooooh, a buddy of mine does IPhone apps for a living, I've posted him about it.

#23659 Resistors

Posted by OppaErich on 02 February 2012 - 06:36 AM in General Discussion

Nice project idea - Resistor colour code reader. Far off my scope though. I would use a meter and measure their resistance.

#23559 TOC for "Getting Started with Netduino" yet?

Posted by OppaErich on 31 January 2012 - 09:18 AM in General Discussion

I'd be honored to sign your copy. Will you be at MakerFaire?

If you ever make it to western Germany, The Netherlands or Belgium give me a shout and I'll be there.

Nice to hear the book is nearly ready. Amazon.de is trying to convince me to cancel my order once a quarter. "we can not give you a delivery date for your order - are you sure you still want this ?". :D

#23311 How to control 220V stuff

Posted by OppaErich on 25 January 2012 - 05:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'll look for a nice relay in the local hardware store.

Don't burn down your nice little country. :)

#22931 New to Visual Studio and C#

Posted by OppaErich on 18 January 2012 - 11:32 AM in Visual Studio

You could also try to use Visual Basic by the way, also works on a Netduino :D
And if you really like C or C++

It's not that I really like C, I have just gone a little bit further than Hello World in C already. With C# only Console.WriteLine, well Mono actually... and haven't tried VB yet.

"Scary" was referring to the (novel-like) size of the code. Of course does everything you don't know look strange.

#22928 New to Visual Studio and C#

Posted by OppaErich on 18 January 2012 - 10:15 AM in Visual Studio

and looked at a bit of code...

Scary, isn't it ? I own a netduino for about a year but haven't done anything with it yet. I don't know C# and looking at code snippets posted here, I'm always wondering: "Is this code or a novel ?" :blink: I'm digging into msp430s now, that's plain C. Good luck.

#22920 Digital Output readings from DS18B20

Posted by OppaErich on 18 January 2012 - 09:10 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You get two byte using One-Wire serial communication. If there is no library already, you have to build your own. One-Wire is well documented in the DS18B20 datasheet and there are some application notes at Maxims website. I've just started doing this for msp430s - have fun. :)

#22058 DS18B20 wiring help

Posted by OppaErich on 24 December 2011 - 08:26 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

4.7kohm resistor you don't need to use.

You DO need the resistor to tie the com line high, otherwise it would be floating = noise sensitive. It may work without it mos of the time but that's just luck.

#16036 Sweet deal for capacitive touch interface

Posted by OppaErich on 29 July 2011 - 08:47 AM in General Discussion

Before I embark on trying to hack something up to read from this device, I figured I would check if anyone else has a driver written?

-dan

TI provides a 'capacitive touch library', you may check that (I did not yet).

Is it just me or did I miss a thing ? The price is $10. :(

#15420 Newbie ds18b20 questions

Posted by OppaErich on 13 July 2011 - 01:35 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hmm, I guess I stand corrected. I've placed the thermometer close to the sensor and the difference dropped to 1.5C. The sensor is close to the display (right under the resistor). Although the display does not feel hot, its temperature has to be higher than ambient temps. I will try to get some distance with some wires. Stephan http://foto.arcor-on...73039363264.jpg Yep, that's it. At first the difference was 4C but after a while it dropped to 0.7C, if both failures add up unlucky we're there. Just holding my hands close (~1") to the sensor is raising the temperature quickly. Cheers, Stephan PS: Patience is the key - I'm down to 0.4C now. B)

#15324 Newbie ds18b20 questions

Posted by OppaErich on 11 July 2011 - 01:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I don't think they can be calibrated, IMHO you'd need to implement it in software. Just out of curiosity, how often do you perform the temperature conversion? At what range? What is your reference?

The sensor is called once every few seconds, I've added this to the Arduino 16x2 LCD demo sketch. Oh, it's 'range', I've read 'rate' first. Well, I did nothing range related, so I don't know. What do you mean with 'reference' ? An cheap IN/OUT thermometer and my body. It's 25°C in my room according to my thermometer and the DS18B20 shows almost 28°C, at 28°C I would start to sweat even in 'idle' mode.

Supply Voltage doesn't matter (5V / 3V3). I've used a 4k7 resistor and it's powered - not parasitic.

#15292 Newbie ds18b20 questions

Posted by OppaErich on 10 July 2011 - 08:59 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

, but keep in mind the sensor has ±0.5 ºC accuracy (from -10 ºC to 85 ºC). For more detailed information, please have a look at the device datasheet.

Well, they pretend to have. Mine here is more than 2°C off. Does anyone know a way to calibrate them ?

#13439 How to pronounce "Netduino"?

Posted by OppaErich on 19 May 2011 - 06:13 AM in General Discussion

I'll keep my german style Ar|Net-doo-ee-no.

#13010 Visual Studio can't find netduino

Posted by OppaErich on 09 May 2011 - 12:08 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Have you plugged it directly to a PC USB port or via USB hub ? If hub, try directly. I had this with a FEZ Rhino,.

#12754 RFID Reader

Posted by OppaErich on 02 May 2011 - 05:33 PM in Project Showcase

In the '80 there was a voluptuous girl named Samantha Fox: her biggest pop-hit was "Nothing gonna stop me now"...

You remember her songs ? :lol:

Good job ! Thank you, one less to worry about :D

#12632 Designing PCBs - what tools are you using?

Posted by OppaErich on 29 April 2011 - 09:59 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I haven't tried myself yet but it's installed, maybe you want to try out fritzing. fritzing.org From breadboard to PCB with just a click they say.

#12334 Cannot create Netduino application

Posted by OppaErich on 21 April 2011 - 11:17 AM in General Discussion

NY ? Good morning :blink: That was it, the templates folder was missing in the user home directory. Thanks Chris, Stephan

#12330 Cannot create Netduino application

Posted by OppaErich on 21 April 2011 - 10:47 AM in General Discussion

Similar problem here: I get the templates only if I log in as admin. I've tried installing from my user account already, it didn't help. Do you need admin rights for Microframework development ? That would suck...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.