Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Cannot create Netduino application

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CrashingDutchman

CrashingDutchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I followed these instructions on page 3 (create section) of this pdf: http://netduino.com/...tingstarted.pdf

The New Project window should pop up. Visual Studio displays a set of installed
templates. We want to pick “Visual C# > Micro Framework” from the list on the left.
Then pick “Netduino Application” from the list on the right. Name your project, and
press OK.

There is no option to create a Netduino application.

I follow the complete instructions in that document, I already had Visual Studio Express C# 2010 and Visual Studio 2010. I installed and re-installed the Microsoft .NET Micro Framework v4.1 SDK from this site and the Netduino SDK v4.1, also from this site.

Did a reboot... I need a clue to get any further...

Thank in advance!

Jan

#2 jdsmith

jdsmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:00 AM

Can you post a picture of your Visual Studio template screen?

#3 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

I follow the complete instructions in that document, I already had Visual Studio Express C# 2010 and Visual Studio 2010. I installed and re-installed the Microsoft .NET Micro Framework v4.1 SDK from this site and the Netduino SDK v4.1, also from this site.

Have you had a look at this thread: http://forums.netdui...tduino-project/

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#4 CrashingDutchman

CrashingDutchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

Thank you both for your reply. The link to the thread by Nevyn brought a solution:

Try searching your system for the file NetduinoPlusApplication.zip. If you find it move that file (and I think you'll also find the other two in the same place as well) and put them in you VS templates directory.

Edit: I have all projects and templates on a network share, so I had to remove the Netduino .zip files to that share.

To the mods: I never noticed that there were replies until I checked my Spam folder in gmail. Obviously Gmail thinks that Netduino is sending spam to it's registered users. I don't know if you can do something about it or if I can do something (other than moving it from spam to inbox), but at least you know now.

#5 OppaErich

OppaErich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Similar problem here: I get the templates only if I log in as admin. I've tried installing from my user account already, it didn't help. Do you need admin rights for Microframework development ? That would suck...

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi OppaErich,

Similar problem here:

I get the templates only if I log in as admin. I've tried installing from my user account already, it didn't help. Do you need admin rights for Microframework development ? That would suck...

No, but if you installed the SDK as Administrator, the templates may have been installed in the Administrator user's folder. If you copy them over to the regular user's respective folder, you should be good to go.

Chris

#7 OppaErich

OppaErich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

NY ? Good morning :blink: That was it, the templates folder was missing in the user home directory. Thanks Chris, Stephan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.