Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Visual Studio can't find netduino

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dosermf

Dosermf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi I bought recently a netduino, when I try the blinks example I can't run it because the option usb only show me <none> netduino it's conect and power liht on, the OS found netduino and install correct drivers. I installed net framework SDK, and netduino sdk. I try with visual express C# and visual proffesional and do the same way. Thanks to all @Dosermf

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hi Dosermf, When you run MFDeploy, does the device appear in the USB devices options? If you open Device Manager, do you see "Netduino" in the USB category? Can you take a screenshot of MFDeploy and Device Manager to show what's happening? Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

#3 Dosermf

Dosermf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Hi Dosermf,

When you run MFDeploy, does the device appear in the USB devices options?

If you open Device Manager, do you see "Netduino" in the USB category?

Can you take a screenshot of MFDeploy and Device Manager to show what's happening?

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

I have the picture
Netduino don't appear in USB device options
My computer it's x64

I try in my older computer (x86) and it works

thank you very much I'm a begginer XD

Attached Files

#4 OppaErich

OppaErich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

Have you plugged it directly to a PC USB port or via USB hub ? If hub, try directly. I had this with a FEZ Rhino,.

#5 Dosermf

Dosermf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Have you plugged it directly to a PC USB port or via USB hub ? If hub, try directly. I had this with a FEZ Rhino,.

Directly USB port

Netduino Works ok with Win 7 x64 ?

#6 Dan Morphis

Dan Morphis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Directly USB port

Netduino Works ok with Win 7 x64 ?

I do all my dev on Win 7 x64 and I have no issues. So do a lot of other folks on here.

The fact that the netduino doesn't show up in device manager is going to be your issue. I'm not sure what I did when I got mine, I believe though that I hooked it up and it just worked, don't recall 100% though.

-dan

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

From your screenshot, it looks like the Netduino was recognized and the driver appears in Device Manager. It may be an issue with the language version of Windows or one of a myriad other items. It may be best to file a bug report over on the .NET MF site (netmf.com) or .NET MF CodePlex project (netmf.codeplex.com) and use the Netduino in "serial port deployment" mode for now. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.