Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Sweet deal for capacitive touch interface

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

If anyone is interested in adding a capacitive touch interface for less than $10 delivered checkout:

http://dangerousprot...p430-launchpad/

You can get the Capacitive Touch BoosterPack for $4.30 and a MSP430 LaunchPad Development kit for another $4.30.

Total cost $8.60 includes free shipping.

Then you can just interface the Development board to the Netduino with a couple of jumper wires.

Here is a video:

#2 Dan Morphis

Dan Morphis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

If anyone is interested in adding a capacitive touch interface for less than $10 delivered checkout:

You can get the Capacitive Touch BoosterPack for $4.30 and a MSP430 LaunchPad Development kit for another $4.30.

Then you can just interface the Development board to the Netduino with a couple of jumper wires.

Here is a video:

Sweet! Ordered 2 of them!

#3 kenNET

kenNET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

Sweet, I ordered one set. Please post any progress on hooking it up with Netduino. /Ken

#4 Troll feeder

Troll feeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

Here is a video:

I got a couple. Looks like fun.

#5 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Cool, I ordered three. Please keep those sweat deal tips coming Johnny - really nice of you!

#6 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Bought one ! Thanks !
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

#7 Dan Morphis

Dan Morphis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

Here is a video:

Before I embark on trying to hack something up to read from this device, I figured I would check if anyone else has a driver written?

-dan

#8 two schnauzers

two schnauzers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

I just got around to fooling with this and it isn't clear (to me) how to interface this to the Netduino. The video mentions interfacing the the USB but there are no details. I suppose I can look at their SDK but I believe it is C++ and would require some port to Netduino. Has anyone actually interfaced this to a Netduino?

#9 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

I just got around to fooling with this and it isn't clear (to me) how to interface this to the Netduino. The video mentions interfacing the the USB but there are no details. I suppose I can look at their SDK but I believe it is C++ and would require some port to Netduino.

Has anyone actually interfaced this to a Netduino?

The easiest way to interface the TI chip to the Netduino is via the TTL level serial port, both boards have them.

#10 OppaErich

OppaErich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Before I embark on trying to hack something up to read from this device, I figured I would check if anyone else has a driver written?

-dan

TI provides a 'capacitive touch library', you may check that (I did not yet).

Is it just me or did I miss a thing ? The price is $10. :(

#11 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

I am not involved in this discussion, and I don't want to. Anyway, consider that Atmel also is offering a QTouch library and some hardware (I think). In this case should be available for Arduino-like boards as well. Hope it helps. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#12 Dan Morphis

Dan Morphis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

TI provides a 'capacitive touch library', you may check that (I did not yet).

Is it just me or did I miss a thing ? The price is $10. :(

Yeah, the price went up :( The $4.30 was an introductory only price.

-dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.