Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Eric Burdo's Content

There have been 130 items by Eric Burdo (Search limited from 19-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2371 .Net Micro XML

Posted by Eric Burdo on 17 September 2010 - 03:02 PM in General Discussion

Hi Patrick,

I believe that the .NET MF team focused on building an XmlReader--but that XmlWriter is either (a) part of the big DPWS libraries or (B) not implemented.

It would be a cool community project for sure.

In the meantime, it looks like you found a simple and good way to implement what you were looking for. Fantastic.

Chris

For some projects, that would probably work well.

For this one... I think he'd then have to convert to XML later on...

#2763 4WD Body for the Netduino?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 02:57 PM in General Discussion

This looks interesting...

Posted Image

4WD Arduino Compatible Mobile Platform

From Makershed. Includes the Chassis, wheels and motors. I may have to get one with my next order... :)

#2771 4WD Body for the Netduino?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 03:23 PM in General Discussion

I do, but I can't post them here because the picture feature is disabled. I have some stuff on my blog: chrisseto.com

I'll have more soon, right now everything all taken apart waiting for the new motor to arrive.

Thanks Chris... I just scanned those... looks like a fun project (bit complicated for me at this point... still learning to control PWM stuff).

#2767 4WD Body for the Netduino?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 03:12 PM in General Discussion

Sounds like a good starter kit for me then, but the speed of that other one does sound nice. For $70 (chassis plus motor shield)... hmmm....

#2768 4WD Body for the Netduino?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 03:14 PM in General Discussion

Yeah, that's cute and all, but mine goes 35-45MPH and has a brushless motor

http://www.tinyclr.c...orum/1/505/#/1/

Sounds cool... got some pictures?

#1901 5mm Color Cycling LED

Posted by Eric Burdo on 07 September 2010 - 06:23 PM in General Discussion

That's the arduino protoshield from sparkfun, with a little half length breadboard on it... Easy to assemble and useful! :-)

Thanks... I'll have to pick one up. :)

#1755 5mm Color Cycling LED

Posted by Eric Burdo on 04 September 2010 - 12:54 PM in General Discussion

Websteria, What shield is that you have attached to your Netduino?

#14110 :( Bricked Netduino :(

Posted by Eric Burdo on 08 June 2011 - 10:21 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I and others on here use x64 so I'm not sure why you had issues. I just checked the release notes for 2.10 and they say 64 bit is supported and tested...

I'm glad you got it working again!

-dan

I have Win7 x64 - had to use a Win7 x32 machine to make it work. Couldn't get the x64 version of SAM-BA to work (unknown as to why).

#3399 A moment of silence for the fallen electronics...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 03 October 2010 - 12:57 AM in General Discussion

I havent found any! Can you help me?

I'm not real good at finding stuff like this... but...

How many pins is on that ribbon?

You might be able to find a generic one that will work... or, you can sometimes snip the ribbon very carefully, and solder your own ends to it.

#3313 A moment of silence for the fallen electronics...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 30 September 2010 - 11:34 PM in General Discussion

That's an FFC cable (flat, flexible cable). You may be able to buy an appropriate FFC connector and breakout board to make it more user-friendly...

Yeah... check around. I bought two FFC connectors to fit a DS touch screen I picked up (future Netduino project).

#2668 An interesting talk with Colin Miller about .NET Micro Framework

Posted by Eric Burdo on 23 September 2010 - 12:30 PM in General Discussion

Listening now... thanks!

#2177 An old geeks outlook on the Netduino and the Arduino - beginners

Posted by Eric Burdo on 12 September 2010 - 07:34 PM in Project Showcase

Welcome Frank! I don't have as much history as you... but similar tendencies (the pig-headed part at least!). And... A welcome from Maine here (Bangor area).

#3059 Another forum thread?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 07:47 PM in General Discussion

How about just asking people to tag their projects with Netduino or Netduino Plus? Many of the projects can be built with either, as long as it doesn't use the built-in Ethernet or MicroSD.

#5397 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 November 2010 - 12:50 PM in General Discussion

No... I do know a few folks who have them though... our local developers group (http://bangordevelopers.com/) is doing a presentation in Jan/Feb about the w7 Phone.

#2947 Anyone interested in an eagle version of the Netduino files?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 26 September 2010 - 07:07 PM in General Discussion

i might have to do a tutorial on how to solder it.

I'd love to see a tutorial on surface mount soldering...

#2419 Application always in running

Posted by Eric Burdo on 18 September 2010 - 11:34 AM in General Discussion

And for fun (I do this on some of my test apps), I code for the integrated switch (SW1). If you press that... the application ends. I only do this on my test apps... but it lets me end the app on the Netduino, so it's not always running anymore.

#1906 Arduino or Netduino

Posted by Eric Burdo on 08 September 2010 - 12:53 AM in General Discussion

Well, the Netduino hasn't been around as long... but it's off to a good start. The majority of the Arduino shields and components are compatible with the Netduino... and if you can read C# code, you can usually read the Arduino code, and port it to C#. That being said... I have never used an Arduino... I just started into the Netduino myself. I'm a programmer by trade (mostly .NET stuff) and the fact that I can finally use C# is great.

#3024 Back from MakerFaire...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 02:31 PM in General Discussion

In that picture, it looks like the USB cable from the laptop plugs back into itself. :)

#2502 Back to the dump # 2

Posted by Eric Burdo on 19 September 2010 - 05:43 PM in Project Showcase

Hi Frank... that's cool... I haven't yet been to the dump to go picking yet. I do have a couple of big plastic totes that I dump old electronics into. Toys, radios, calculators, etc. Plus, some stuff from The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk. http://www.tgimboej.org/ I've also stripped old computers, so lots of switches, LEDs, small fans and motors from CD Roms and Floppy drives. Friends save some stuff for me too... plus I pickup stuff at yard sales and clearances too.

#13597 Best way to convert string to number

Posted by Eric Burdo on 25 May 2011 - 12:52 AM in Visual Studio

Does the .NETMF have the TryParse method?

#2885 Buying or Acquiring Parts

Posted by Eric Burdo on 25 September 2010 - 04:18 PM in General Discussion

Figured this would be useful to everyone... just post a link (or explanation) of places to get parts.

http://sparkfun.com/
http://makershed.com/
http://www.mouser.com/
http://www.jameco.com/

http://www.dealextre...dx/category.410

Broken toys
Non-broken toys. :)
Old computers
Unused electronics

Dumpster Diving

#13814 C# Coding standards

Posted by Eric Burdo on 31 May 2011 - 11:05 AM in General Discussion

I'm with Johny here... Read Joel's post on Hungarian notation. However, getting into Standards discussion, is like discussion politics. Everyone has their own opinion, and they never truly line-up with anyone else. Coding guidelines are one thing (don't declare things as generic objects unless you truly need them, which is rare), use the tightest scope as possible, etc. But trying to standardize on some other things... is just a nasty hornets nest.

#5276 Charlieplexing: Now uses the TristatePort class

Posted by Eric Burdo on 25 November 2010 - 12:33 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

TristatePort?

I've never seen that... I'll have to look into it.

#1756 Community question ...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 04 September 2010 - 12:55 PM in General Discussion

Personally... I wouldn't. I don't use FaceBook, rarely touch Twitter... and have never heard of "SocialEngine"... I like the forums :)

#1866 Compatible Shields and Accessories

Posted by Eric Burdo on 06 September 2010 - 08:13 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The shield from Seeeduino works (as stated above)... I finally figured out how to make the LCD work too... http://forums.netdui...-seeeduino-lcd/

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.