Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

A moment of silence for the fallen electronics...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

I had a very nice Sansa Fuze that is now dead-ish.

So I am thinking I have two options:
The only problem is that the buttons and wheel broke, so if I figure out how to connect some wires to that flat plug I can do that.
OR
Use the screen for a project. I would need to figure out how to use an amazing color lcd screen, I think it might get complicated.

By the way the screen has this on it: 54_53_04625 and Ti_A 080429. Also it has a LOT of contacts on that flat plastic type wire.

What do you guys suggest I do with this thing?

#2 Caffeine

Caffeine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

Also it has a LOT of contacts on that flat plastic type wire.

That's an FFC cable (flat, flexible cable). You may be able to buy an appropriate FFC connector and breakout board to make it more user-friendly...

#3 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

That's an FFC cable (flat, flexible cable). You may be able to buy an appropriate FFC connector and breakout board to make it more user-friendly...

Yeah... check around. I bought two FFC connectors to fit a DS touch screen I picked up (future Netduino project).
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#4 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:24 AM

cool , I'll look into that. maybe I can find the right one

#5 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Yeah... check around. I bought two FFC connectors to fit a DS touch screen I picked up (future Netduino project).

I havent found any! Can you help me?

#6 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

I havent found any! Can you help me?

I'm not real good at finding stuff like this... but...

How many pins is on that ribbon?

You might be able to find a generic one that will work... or, you can sometimes snip the ribbon very carefully, and solder your own ends to it.
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#7 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:37 AM

I'm not real good at finding stuff like this... but...

How many pins is on that ribbon?

You might be able to find a generic one that will work... or, you can sometimes snip the ribbon very carefully, and solder your own ends to it.

I'll keep looking. I have to measure the distance between the contacts.

#8 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

I'll keep looking. I have to measure the distance between the contacts.

Personally, I would start with looking for the interface and communication description (i.e. display datasheet). In my experience most of such parts obtained from various devices are virtually useless due to the lack of information.

#9 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

Personally, I would start with looking for the interface and communication description (i.e. display datasheet). In my experience most of such parts obtained from various devices are virtually useless due to the lack of information.

Well yes I suppose that would be be best, to make sure I am not wasting my time. :) Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.