Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Back from MakerFaire...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

First of all, thanks to all the Netduino community members who came out to MakerFaire NY. We really enjoyed meeting you and look forward to chatting more in the future (online and offline).

And wow, so many cool projects at MakerFaire. I only wish we could have snuck away from the booth and seen more of them!

A big thanks to MakerFaire and to all of you for the following:

• .NET Micro Framework earned at least _four_ MakerFaire Editor's Choice awards! .NET Gadgeteer (Microsoft Research UK's prototyping concept) and Netduino Plus both earned two each.
  • The pre-launch Netduino Pluses pretty much sold out over the weekend. There might be a handful left at international resellers (UAM in CZ, SWITCH-SCIENCE in JP).
[And thanks to those of you who traveled hundreds of miles just to buy a Netduino Plus... I wasn't expecting that! I hope you enjoyed the rest of MakerFaire too.]

Chris

P.S. phantomtypist, sorry that I was so tied up when you visited... Good to meet you very briefly though...

#2 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Congratulations! You've got a nice desk there Posted Image

#3 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Any other photos of your booth? Did you meet GHI?

#4 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

In that picture, it looks like the USB cable from the laptop plugs back into itself. :)
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#5 segu

segu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Congratulations! You've got a nice desk there

In that picture, it looks like the USB cable from the laptop plugs back into itself. :)

In that series, photo 4 and 5. Someone (SL?) knows that "shield"? (5x7 dot matrix grouped in 5 side by side on Netduino+)
Any clue very well welcome :) :)

Thanks

#6 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

In that series, photo 4 and 5. Someone (SL?) knows that "shield"? (5x7 dot matrix grouped in 5 side by side on Netduino+)

I believe it is 4-digit shield by SheildStudio. Edit: It is actually visible on the picture, in the right bottom corner.

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

I believe it is 4-digit shield by SheildStudio. Edit: It is actually visible on the picture, in the right bottom corner.

Good catch, CW2.

ShieldStudio even has 'starter' C# code for the shield. :)
http://shieldstudio....d-and-netduino/

Chris

#8 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

First of all, thanks to all the Netduino community members who came out to MakerFaire NY. We really enjoyed meeting you and look forward to chatting more in the future (online and offline).

And wow, so many cool projects at MakerFaire. I only wish we could have snuck away from the booth and seen more of them!

• .NET Micro Framework earned at least _four_ MakerFaire Editor's Choice awards! .NET Gadgeteer (Microsoft Research UK's prototyping concept) and Netduino Plus both earned two each.
  • The pre-launch Netduino Pluses pretty much sold out over the weekend. There might be a handful left at international resellers (UAM in CZ, SWITCH-SCIENCE in JP).
[And thanks to those of you who traveled hundreds of miles just to buy a Netduino Plus... I wasn't expecting that! I hope you enjoyed the rest of MakerFaire too.]

Chris

P.S. phantomtypist, sorry that I was so tied up when you visited... Good to meet you very briefly though...

What was the response from people about the netduino plus?

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

What was the response from people about the netduino plus?

It was quite positive. I'm not sure how to share the positive feedback without talking up the product, so I'll just leave it at that :)

Chris

#10 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

It was quite positive. I'm not sure how to share the positive feedback without talking up the product, so I'll just leave it at that :)

Chris

Thats nice, but you did do a great job with it so you're allowed to complement your own product :D

#11 phantomtypist

phantomtypist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Chris

No hard feelings. It seemed like so many people wanted to talk to you; did you even get a chance to take a break and eat?

#12 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

No hard feelings. It seemed like so many people wanted to talk to you; did you even get a chance to take a break and eat?

Do carrots and water count? :)

Chris

#13 CwbhX

CwbhX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

I met you and Netduino for the first time there. So far I have enjoyed it a lot, although the movers accidentally packed it away :(. I had a great time, I learned soo much and I hope everyone had a wonderful time as well :) -Cwbh
-Cwbh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.