Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

José Ángel's Content

There have been 39 items by José Ángel (Search limited from 07-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12765 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by José Ángel on 02 May 2011 - 09:36 PM in General Discussion

Uo, another interesting project of MSR released! :D

#780 Unboxing: first impressions?

Posted by José Ángel on 18 August 2010 - 08:25 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have received now from http://www.protoadvantage.com, it's great! :D The only snag that I've found is with the uUSB connector and cable. The uUSB cable plugs so well that you have to pull it so strong to unplug it The first time I thought that I were going to broke the connector...:unsure:

#653 Steps to restore an Erased Netduino

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 01:19 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Could it be that Atmel has no drivers for Windows XP 64-bit? Or any 64-bit OS for that matter?
Because when I try to manually point it to that directory, Windows XP 64-bit says that it "couldn't find the necessary software. make sure that the driver works with x64-based systems."
Is there any other driver I could install maybe? Because, it sounds like the COM port over USB could be something generic.

I have read in another thread that you need XP Mode: http://forums.netdui...indpost__p__283

#713 Steps to restore an Erased Netduino

Posted by José Ángel on 18 August 2010 - 12:35 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I not sure that you actually need to use XP mode. I am doing all my work in Window7 Ultimate 64-bit native mode.
I didn't have to do anything special to make it work either.

I understand that from Chris' post

Just FYI...you can also reflash an erased Netduino via pins D0/D1/GND (using a 3V3 USB to TTL cable or an RS232 shield).

If you press F8 during boot and disable driver signing, does that allow you to load the Atmel drivers.

I'll chat with Atmel and see if there's any way to sign their drivers. Not a quick process, but something we'll start looking at.

Chris

#5552 Netduino Book - Getting Started with the Internet of Things

Posted by José Ángel on 30 November 2010 - 10:49 PM in General Discussion

Anyone have a link or details of the book?

+1 :rolleyes:

#325 Request: New Forum

Posted by José Ángel on 12 August 2010 - 10:49 PM in General Discussion

Chris said that are working on it: http://forums.netdui...indpost__p__255 :)

#701 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 09:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks buddy. I was going to team up with you to workon this emulator but I have been so busy lately so I haven't had a chance to even touch my netduino board. I'm not too familiar with WPF but when I have a chance, I'll try to learn WPF and help put more features into. By sharing this project at CodePlex, you're already famous :) Keep up the good work.

No problem, I don't have so much time too. I'll make it in my free time between classes and exams. About WPF, I don't have a lot of experience either but I love learning new things.

I have been writing WPF/Silverlight for a few years now...I would be happy to contribute to the emulator. Let me know if you need some assistance.

All help is well received. You are welcome to the project.

I am reading "Expert .NET Micro Framework" from Apress. The last two chapters talk about "Hardware emulation" and "Emulator components". I have the ebook, so, if any one needed, I can "share the knowledge" with him :P

The main problem that I have now is that I don't know how to start. I don't fully understand how the .net micro framework emulator works and how the Netduino Board Emulator must work.

So, if any one have his ideas more clear than me or knows how to start, I would like to hear him

Thanks!

#1410 Netduino Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 27 August 2010 - 11:10 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi! hwiguna and me are working on it, if you are interested in developing the emulator, I can add you to the Codeplex Project as a developer. This way, you can use the Team Foundation repository to upload and share the code and work all together. Regards!

#1145 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 August 2010 - 01:32 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hmmm, I've done a bit of research on the error message myself and it seems it might be related to the version of C# that I'm using - Express 2010.

What version are you running? (I'm guessing not the express version!?)

Not, I'm running an Ultimate version over Windows 7 x86. Have you tried to set the two projects to compile/debug against a "x64" platform instead "Any CPU"?

#672 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 05:24 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

José would you make a project on github or something like that so we might all be able to contribute to your emulator?

I have uploaded to Codeplex, It's supports TFS. The code uploaded is "spaghetti code" but it's the start point to build something :P

You can find it in http://netduinoemulator.codeplex.com

#1136 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 August 2010 - 10:36 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Hari,

I (and everyone else) would be really interested in seeing the code you mention, but I couldn't see it attached to your post?

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi, you can find it in the Patches page of the Codeplex project -> http://netduinoemula.../PatchList.aspx

Can you try it and tell us if it works as hari's videos or something like the video that is attached?

Attached Files

#1141 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 August 2010 - 12:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks Jose,

Just trying to run this as we speak, but keep getting the following error (Attached!)

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, so I assumed rebuilding the solution would work, but apparently not.

Any ideas?

(EDIT: Added the error message)

I looked for some info about the error but I only find one post on MSDN about Silverlight: http://social.msdn.m...e5-92ea875f694c

I don't have now a x64 machine to test the code, sorry! :unsure:

#654 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 01:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Great, I have the emulator running in WPF, so, now it's time to add more things :)

#299 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 12 August 2010 - 02:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

José,

Thank you very much for sharing this!!! I've tried it out and it works great, and is an excellent starting point to further expand on.

José, that's pretty awesome. I'll have to open this up later and play with it!

Thank you, now I'm trying to use WPF instead Windows Forms to develop the emulator interface. I think that is better to move to this technology instead using the old WF but I can't run the emulator after change some things. Any idea on how to migrate the emulator app? :unsure:

#531 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 15 August 2010 - 11:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Jose,

You did a pretty good job with that simple emulator. By any chance are you going to improve on that emulator with more options? I was thinking about doing it but finding the time is difficult. If you're not going to do it, let me know and I will work on it when I have time. I'm envisioning something similar to this:

http://informatix.mi...edEmulator.aspx

Let me know.

Thanks!

I would like to improve it with more options, but I need two simple things: time and knowledge to do it :) Something like the Advanced Emulator will be great, what do you think about working together to try to build something like that? :rolleyes:

#277 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 11 August 2010 - 11:30 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi,

I have been playing with the extensible emulator included in the .Net Framework and I have build an emulator where you can run the two basic How To's from the Projects page. I think that it would be possible to develop a more advanced emulator to play with a Netduino without a board in our hands.

I have attached a VS2010 solution with a Emulator and Netduino Application project. First of all, you have to build the Emulator project because when building the project, the emulator is registered automatically in the registry with the project name and is then available for use by other .NET Micro Framework applications. After that, uncomment the example that you want to run, and enjoy with the blinking check boxes :lol:

Attached File  NetduinoSimulator.zip   1003.72KB   161 downloads

P.S: ¿Would be possible to increase the global upload quota? 2MB is a very little space :)

#233 Yet another supported shield question (GPS)

Posted by José Ángel on 11 August 2010 - 12:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The SerialPort class is in the Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort because the implementation that the .net mf team did, is not the same that the full .net Framework. They use the Microsoft.SPOT namespace to host the classes from the .Net Framework that are different in the .net MF

#11225 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by José Ángel on 23 March 2011 - 08:56 PM in General Discussion

The goal is to write a sample project which works in both places using the same C# code. But we could certainly write an iPhone app in C# too (using Mono). That would be cool. [We have WebOS phones, Windows Mobile phones, iPhones, etc. in the labs.]

But mostly, we got new Windows Phones and wanted an excuse to write some code for them :)

Chris

What kind of project? I think that is going to be difficult to run a project inside the Windows Phone 7 with the same code that in Arduino because Windows Phone 7 is very restricted :(

#11405 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by José Ángel on 28 March 2011 - 08:57 PM in General Discussion

Hi José,

We're working on a new commercial product line using .NET MF and will be sharing 10,000's of lines of code between the .NET MF hardware and Windows Phone. Right now, we're compiling some of that code against .NET CF 3.5 as well.

Windows Phone won't allow GPIO access or direct sockets (yet), but it can share a ton of support classes...

Chris

WoW, I didn't know that kind of compatibility between these two platforms! I'll wait for you project to learn more about that :rolleyes:

#532 Netduino Course Materials?

Posted by José Ángel on 16 August 2010 - 12:03 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You can make a Live Broadcast using something like UStream

#525 Resellers in Europe

Posted by José Ángel on 15 August 2010 - 10:34 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Great! I should have waited to that... Now, I'm waiting for my Netduino that is in some place between Canada and Spain :D

#345 ToggleButton sample

Posted by José Ángel on 13 August 2010 - 11:17 AM in Project Showcase

I have playing with the example on my silly emulator and works great :D http://forums.netdui...indpost__p__277

#156 Reversing the pushbutton state -- feedback?

Posted by José Ángel on 09 August 2010 - 04:11 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I think that is better make the changes now, when the platform is taking off, than later. Anyway, the logical use of a button is to get TRUE when is pressed and FALSE with not, so I prefer change the behavior of the button :)

#350 Home Theater Integration

Posted by José Ángel on 13 August 2010 - 03:20 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Building something similar to Philips Ambilight? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambilight

#323 SerialPort class?

Posted by José Ángel on 12 August 2010 - 10:40 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Sorry for the traffic, but I just found it. Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort in case anyone else is looking.

csh

More info about the changes in SerialPort Class in version 4.1 here: http://www.sjjmicro....aper_Rev1.2.pdf

I had the same problem when I try to use it :)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.