Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SerialPort class?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stacyh3

stacyh3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hello all, I have included a reference to System.IO and a using statement for System.IO.Ports, but the SerialPort class doesn't show up. What am I missing? I'm sure it's probably something simple that I'm overlooking. Thanks!

#2 stacyh3

stacyh3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Oh yes, and I tried other references like Microsoft.SPOT.IO. Oh SerialPort, come out, come out wherever you are! ;)

#3 stacyh3

stacyh3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Sorry for the traffic, but I just found it. Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort in case anyone else is looking. csh

#4 José Ángel

José Ángel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

Sorry for the traffic, but I just found it. Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort in case anyone else is looking.

csh

More info about the changes in SerialPort Class in version 4.1 here: http://www.sjjmicro....aper_Rev1.2.pdf

I had the same problem when I try to use it :)

#5 SkyLiberty

SkyLiberty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

Sorry but, I can't find the serial port!! I try out your pdf but, nothing! Anyone thet help me? Witch using I have to add? And wich is the name of the class?

#6 phantomtypist

phantomtypist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Sorry but, I can't find the serial port!! I try out your pdf but, nothing!

Anyone thet help me?

Witch using I have to add?
And wich is the name of the class?

As "stacyh3" said, you have to add a reference in your project to Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Sorry but, I can't find the serial port!! I try out your pdf but, nothing!

Anyone thet help me?

Witch using I have to add?
And wich is the name of the class?

You need to add Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll as a reference to your project.

You can add "System.IO.Ports" as a using statement. System.IO.Ports.SerialPort is the class you want to use.

Chris

#8 netasso

netasso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Thanks! Was stuck on this one for a while. Although, couldn't leave "using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort" in my code, the assembly reference was enough. I'm not sure why this was the case (is it because Microsoft.SPOT.Hardward.SerialPort exposes SerialPort through the "using System.IO.Ports"?)

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

(is it because Microsoft.SPOT.Hardward.SerialPort exposes SerialPort through the "using System.IO.Ports"?)

Yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.