carb's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

carb's Content

There have been 185 items by carb (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38739 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 08 November 2012 - 11:13 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, NP2 looks great, now I have to wait until Saturday for my new boards. I hate waiting can't you get that teleporter to work? Thank those at the Lab for all of the hard work, keep warm. Chuck

#39388 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 15 November 2012 - 12:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I just got my Netduino Plus 2 today, but sadly will not have a chance to use it until later this evening. To commemorate this joyous occasion, I did get a chance to put together a video of my unboxing.

Check it out here:
Netduino Plus 2 Unboxing

Cheers,
Steve

Good video,

But mine came in a Classy Blue Netduino Small Box, inside a nice white box. :P

Chuck

#39536 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 17 November 2012 - 12:22 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Dave, Great video, but who was the female spectral image that walked past the Netduino Plus 2? Was she from the past or future? :o Chuck

#46079 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by carb on 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Markus,

On the generation 1 boards (except mini) you uses a small gold colored square just inboard of the D0 header for erasing the board. Use a jumper from 3.3 vdc and touch the square for about a 1/2 second.

Then reflash.

The generation 2 boards are erased with STDFU Tester.

Chuck

#39957 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by carb on 22 November 2012 - 05:11 PM in Project Showcase

Markus, Looks great, I will give it a try once I get the NP2 updated. Thanks, Chuck

#41235 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by carb on 08 December 2012 - 06:12 PM in Project Showcase

I am working on loading this on my N2+.

namespace NeonMika.Webserver
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Interface between NeonMika.Webserver and the executing programm
    /// Use this class to work with your pins
    /// </summary>
    static public class PinManagement
    {
        //Standard output ports
        static private OutputPort Digital0 = new OutputPort(SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, false);

Mercer,

I think part if not all of the problem may be the use of "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus". Under 4.2.1 you should use "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino" it now handles several of the boards.

Chuck

#50851 Ethernet Module Update

Posted by carb on 26 June 2013 - 10:51 PM in Netduino Go

[font="calibri;"] [/font]

[font="calibri;"]The silence from Secret Labs is deafening....[/font]

[font="calibri;"]Attendance in the chat room has disappeared....[/font]

[font="calibri;"]What ever is going on doesn't look good, and no response makes one think the worse.[/font]

[font="calibri;"]Chuck[/font]

#36254 The GoBus Upgrade

Posted by carb on 29 September 2012 - 12:49 PM in Netduino Go

Chris and Elfs, Great job, Looks like I might have something other than coal under the Christmas tree this year. Have a great time at the Makers Faire. Then get back to work, please. B) Chuck

#42893 4X20 LCD display with I2C Interface

Posted by carb on 06 January 2013 - 11:26 PM in Project Showcase

Tim,

We can always use good code samples.

I don't know if you looked at the datasheet for the chip (MCP23008) used on the I2C/SPI backpack, but it can do so much more than drive a LCD display.

It can be used as:

• a general purpose i2c expander,
  • it has a power-on-reset circuit that holds the output until the chip is fully powered,
  • 8 digital I/O's,
  • I/O's can be configured for interrupt on change,
  • I/O's can be configured for a 100k pullup resistor,
  • Low current but can be used to control a relay board,
  • 8 backpacks can be used on one I2C line.

And the price is right!

Chuck

#39173 Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 02:39 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ROFL

See Chuck, that's why I need to hire you as my manager. You always have the greatest ideas :D

BTW, did you get your NP2 this Saturday?

Yes, they were waiting patiently for me to get home on Sunday (had to go to Boca Raton on Saturday). Started playing with the last night.
Chuck

#39198 Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 06:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

damn, I was to press the (+) on that topic, but slid the mouse, and hit the (-), and cannot undo it :(

Thanks for the links!

Asbjorn,

You gave the moderator a negative rating!!! :angry:

Good Luck, :lol:
Chuck

Good thing Stefan was watching out for you. :unsure:

#39160 Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 12:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Steve, Great job as usual. I was wondering if you were going to take one of the many hints. :rolleyes: But I think that you may have been a little to fast. You could have waited a few more days, then explained that if Chris had sent you a pre-release Neduino Plus 2 you could have had the pinout ready on release day. That way you could have the new products before everyone, except maybe Stefan. B) Thanks, Chuck

#35209 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by carb on 15 September 2012 - 12:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Arbiter, One possible source that you may have over looked is old cell phones. I was looking for a 2gb micro when I realized a had a couple of old cell phones that had SD cards still in them (AT&T Samsung dumb phone). If you don't have any old phone some phone stores recycle the old phones and may give you a SD card. Chuck

#35740 Early "Getting Started with Netduino Go" software and instructions

Posted by carb on 22 September 2012 - 12:42 AM in Netduino Go

:D :D :D

We are sending your update via USPS, should be there by the end of the year (2013) :lol: :P

Sometimes called snail mail for a good reason. :angry:
Chuck

#42851 [Suggestion] Additional sections

Posted by carb on 06 January 2013 - 12:04 PM in General Discussion

JMiljours,

That is exactly what I was talking about, and I think that it will help. I was in Montreal for a couple of winters a long time ago. What French I learned then is about gone. I may be able to still order food but thats about it. But we can work on it if need be.

Chuck

#42822 [Suggestion] Additional sections

Posted by carb on 05 January 2013 - 06:54 PM in General Discussion

I agree that keeping the forum in english will provide the most responses to questions.

But I would also like to reccommend that individuals provide their location (at least the country) this will allow us to have an idea of the native language and the time zone that they are located in.

You can also list the languages that you speak in the member area. That way you may find someone that speaks your primary language that you can contact by private message for additional help.

Chuck

#39057 4.2.1 with Nwazet DAQ and Touch Screen

Posted by carb on 11 November 2012 - 10:48 PM in Netduino Go

I see no reason why your products should hold back a release of any firmware, even for a single minute, either you adapt afterwards or to please your customers you seek influence so that you have access in the development cycle in a time frame so it's possible for you to adapt before the release.

Ulrik,

This one I agree with you 100%. I wanted to write something when I saw the earlier post but couldn't find the right words.

Thanks,
Chuck

#45219 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by carb on 09 February 2013 - 10:40 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks for your response Chuck, but I'm a bit lost, can you provide me the link of the NP2 page, I only know about this http://www.netduino....plus2/specs.htm and I don't see any útil docs.

Regards!

http://forums.netdui...-v422-update-2/

#45186 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by carb on 08 February 2013 - 11:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Duefectu,

The Netduino Plus 2 uses a different processor and method to erase and load firmware.

Go to the top of the NP2 page and follow the instructions for erasing the board and reload the desired firmware.

MFDeploy works for the Netduino, but the Netduino Plus 2 requires DFUSE Tester to erase.

Chuck

#39163 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 12:48 PM in Netduino Go

Andi,

There is a fix listed for the Nwazet Display and DAQ at Display Code Update

Chuck

#38701 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by carb on 08 November 2012 - 03:21 AM in Netduino Go

Hmmm, same AlfredBr. I'm afraid we may have to wait for the soon to be released new SDK. Man, could this day go any slower!!! I think my clock must be broken. Perhaps from me staring at it all night. :)

Steve

Multiple day light savings time, just keep setting the clock back each hour

#36222 Sparkfun PIR motion sensor

Posted by carb on 29 September 2012 - 01:47 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Chuck,

No, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of my wiring, also Yes, I was talking about a 47K but didn't get a chance to try it and will stick to the 10K. I am using a digital IO for input. I will try with 12V as suggested and see but first I will try Dave's suggestion to wait at least 1-2 minutes before reading any values and see.

Thank you so much for your input.

Use a voltmeter before connecting to the DIO just to make sure that we don't send to much voltage to it.

Chuck

#36097 Sparkfun PIR motion sensor

Posted by carb on 28 September 2012 - 01:41 AM in Project Showcase

After hours of pulling my hair (luckily I have tons of it) can't get the SEN-08630 to work. When measuring with Multi-Meter, there is only 0.1V and no fluctuation at all. I am currently using a 10K Ohms Pull-up resistor. Do you think I am using the wrong Pull-up Resistor, should I use a 47 instead?

Giuliano,

This shouldn't be this hard to do. I didn't find any pictures of you setup and unfortunately I don't have one of the PIR sensors, but I can wire it with a switch maybe tommorrow.

A couple of things:
1. I would stick with the 10k ohm resistor, in a previous post you said that you were considering trying a 47 ohm (hope you meant 47k ohm). This resistor limits the current through the sensors and restore a positive voltage (logic level 1) on the input pin.

2. I would use a digital IO for input, they are 5vdc tolerant, plus less coding to make it work, ie. either true or false.

3. On the Sparkfun datasheet it says that the input voltage for the sensor is 12vdc. The Bildr article shows it using 5vdc. But without ordering a sensor I can't try it. If it does need 12vdc then there are several ways of connecting it to the Netduino (do not apply 12vdc to the Netduino).

4. Make sure that you do not expose the sensor directly towards the sun if using outdoors, PIRs don't like that much IR radiation.

Chuck

#35206 Sparkfun PIR motion sensor

Posted by carb on 14 September 2012 - 11:51 PM in Project Showcase

That's what I did. I unplugged the sensor and I read no power at all, well .0L which I think means open or infinite.

Giuliano,

Most multi meters that I have use 0L would mean overload or over ranged, does your meter have auto scaling? If not check that the meter is not in a milli volt range.

Most meters would indicate a voltage (in milli volt range) when not connected just from RF radiation.

Check your meter against a none source such as a AA battery, make sure you use a DC scale not AC. It should read about 1.5 vdc.

As far as the netduino you can hook a wire from the 3.3 volt header to the input pin that would be connected to the alarm. Then move the wire from the 3.3 volt header to ground. If program senses the change the netduino should be good.

Good luck,
Chuck

#45244 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.1 (Update 1)

Posted by carb on 10 February 2013 - 01:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Dave,

This is what I get from my Netduino Plus 2 that has been updated to 4.2.2

HalSystemInfo.halVersion:               4.2.0.0HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo:            Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLCHalSystemInfo.oemCode:                  34HalSystemInfo.modelCode:                177HalSystemInfo.skuCode:                  4102HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber:       00000000000000000000000000000000HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber:       0000000000000000ClrInfo.clrVersion:                     4.2.0.0ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo:                  Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLCClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion:         4.2.0.0SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.2.2.1SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLCSoftwareVersion.BuildDate:              Jan 26 2013SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:        410894FloatingPoint:                          TrueSourceLevelDebugging:                   TrueThreadCreateEx:                         TrueLCD.Width:                              0LCD.Height:                             0LCD.BitsPerPixel:                       0AppDomains:                             TrueExceptionFilters:                       TrueIncrementalDeployment:                  TrueSoftReboot:                             FalseProfiling:                              FalseProfilingAllocations:                   FalseProfilingCalls:                         FalseIsUnknown:                              False

Hope this helps,

Chuck

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.