This firmware requires use of the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK (QFE2) and Netduino 184.108.40.206 SDK.
With this firmware, you will have the following resources available for your code:
This firmware includes the following updates:
1. Pushbutton now works as reset button (unless used as GPIO)
2. Every GoPort LED is now PWM-enabled (PWM channels 0-7)
3. Bug fix: flash deployment should now work consistently
4. Bug fixes: to support Ambient Light, SD Card, and Ethernet modules
5. 4.2.1 SDK: RgbLed.SetColor(...) now supports arguments of type 'double'.
This update also includes the previous updates:
1. New GoBus feature: SerialPort support (COM2/COM3 on Shield Base)
2. New GoBus feature: SPI support (SPI1 on Shield Base)
3. New GoBus feature: InterruptPort (pins D0, D2-D13 on Shield Base)
4. GoBus enhancement: GoBus packets can now span multiple frames
5. GoBus bug fix: single-frame window now enforced for asynchronous events
6. Added preliminary support for GoBus 1.5 beta
7. GoBus 1.5 now supports Virtual I/O from any thread (including events)
To find the current version of your Netduino Go firmware:
1. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.2 > Tools
2. Run MFDeploy.exe. Be careful to run MFDeploy.exe and not MFDeploy.exe.config (as file extensions are hidden by default)
3. Plug your Netduino Go into your PC using a Micro USB cable.
4. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino Go should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it.
5. Select the Target menu, Device Capabilities option.
6. In the output box, find the "SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion" value. This is your firmware version.
To flash this firmware:
1. Detach your Netduino Go
2. Press and hold your Netduino Go's pushbutton while plugging it in via USB; this will put it in bootloader mode.
3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino Go using the STDFU Tester application
> a. Select the "Protocol" tab
> b. Press the "Create from Map" button
> c. Select the "Erase" radio button option
> d. Press the "Go" button
> e. Wait for erase process to complete
4. Flash the attached .DFU file using the ST DfuSe Demonstrator application (included with STDFU Tester)
> a. Locate the "Upgrade or Verify Action" pane (bottom-right pane)
> b. Press "Choose..." and select the attached DFU file
> c. Check the "Verify after download" option
> d. Press "Upgrade". It will take a few minutes to update your Netduino Go.
> e. Detach and reattach your Netduino Go (power cycle) or press "Leave DFU mode"
Enjoy, and please let us know if you run into any troubles.