Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

carb's Content

There have been 185 items by carb (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39957 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by carb on 22 November 2012 - 05:11 PM in Project Showcase

Markus, Looks great, I will give it a try once I get the NP2 updated. Thanks, Chuck

#41235 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by carb on 08 December 2012 - 06:12 PM in Project Showcase

I am working on loading this on my N2+.

namespace NeonMika.Webserver
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Interface between NeonMika.Webserver and the executing programm
    /// Use this class to work with your pins
    /// </summary>
    static public class PinManagement
    {
        //Standard output ports
        static private OutputPort Digital0 = new OutputPort(SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, false);

Mercer,

I think part if not all of the problem may be the use of "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus". Under 4.2.1 you should use "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino" it now handles several of the boards.

Chuck

#39536 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 17 November 2012 - 12:22 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Dave, Great video, but who was the female spectral image that walked past the Netduino Plus 2? Was she from the past or future? :o Chuck

#38739 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 08 November 2012 - 11:13 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, NP2 looks great, now I have to wait until Saturday for my new boards. I hate waiting can't you get that teleporter to work? Thank those at the Lab for all of the hard work, keep warm. Chuck

#39388 Introducing Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 15 November 2012 - 12:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I just got my Netduino Plus 2 today, but sadly will not have a chance to use it until later this evening. To commemorate this joyous occasion, I did get a chance to put together a video of my unboxing.

Check it out here:
Netduino Plus 2 Unboxing

Cheers,
Steve

Good video,

But mine came in a Classy Blue Netduino Small Box, inside a nice white box. :P

Chuck

#46079 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by carb on 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Markus,

On the generation 1 boards (except mini) you uses a small gold colored square just inboard of the D0 header for erasing the board. Use a jumper from 3.3 vdc and touch the square for about a 1/2 second.

Then reflash.

The generation 2 boards are erased with STDFU Tester.

Chuck

#50851 Ethernet Module Update

Posted by carb on 26 June 2013 - 10:51 PM in Netduino Go

[font="calibri;"] [/font]

[font="calibri;"]The silence from Secret Labs is deafening....[/font]

[font="calibri;"]Attendance in the chat room has disappeared....[/font]

[font="calibri;"]What ever is going on doesn't look good, and no response makes one think the worse.[/font]

[font="calibri;"]Chuck[/font]

#38701 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by carb on 08 November 2012 - 03:21 AM in Netduino Go

Hmmm, same AlfredBr. I'm afraid we may have to wait for the soon to be released new SDK. Man, could this day go any slower!!! I think my clock must be broken. Perhaps from me staring at it all night. :)

Steve

Multiple day light savings time, just keep setting the clock back each hour

#39163 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 12:48 PM in Netduino Go

Andi,

There is a fix listed for the Nwazet Display and DAQ at Display Code Update

Chuck

#36254 The GoBus Upgrade

Posted by carb on 29 September 2012 - 12:49 PM in Netduino Go

Chris and Elfs, Great job, Looks like I might have something other than coal under the Christmas tree this year. Have a great time at the Makers Faire. Then get back to work, please. B) Chuck

#39057 4.2.1 with Nwazet DAQ and Touch Screen

Posted by carb on 11 November 2012 - 10:48 PM in Netduino Go

I see no reason why your products should hold back a release of any firmware, even for a single minute, either you adapt afterwards or to please your customers you seek influence so that you have access in the development cycle in a time frame so it's possible for you to adapt before the release.

Ulrik,

This one I agree with you 100%. I wanted to write something when I saw the earlier post but couldn't find the right words.

Thanks,
Chuck

#38592 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by carb on 06 November 2012 - 02:32 AM in General Discussion

What I *REALLY* would love:
UGl6emEgTmV0ZHVpbm86IGJ1ZmZhbG8gbW96emFyZWxsYSwgUGFjaGlubyB0b21hdG9lcywgYW5kIGJhc2ls
Anyone wish it too?

U291bmRzIGdvb2QsIGJ1dCBmYXR0ZW5pbmcuIFNob3VsZCBhZGQgc29tZSBwZXBwZXJvbmkgb3Igc2F1c2FnZS4=

Chuck

#38591 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by carb on 06 November 2012 - 02:30 AM in General Discussion

SSBkZW55IGFsbCBrbm93bGVkZ2UuIEkgZG9uJ3Qga25vdyBhIHRoaW5nLg==

U3RlZmFuLCBTcGlsbCB0aGUgYmVhbnMsIEkgYW0gc2VhcmNoaW5nIHlvdXR1YmUgbm93Lg==

Chuck

#35209 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by carb on 15 September 2012 - 12:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Arbiter, One possible source that you may have over looked is old cell phones. I was looking for a 2gb micro when I realized a had a couple of old cell phones that had SD cards still in them (AT&T Samsung dumb phone). If you don't have any old phone some phone stores recycle the old phones and may give you a SD card. Chuck

#40390 LCD for N+

Posted by carb on 28 November 2012 - 10:02 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The LCD works so great with the backpack, I am loving it already.

Posted Image

Giuliano,

Glad to see that you got it working. I still have not gotten the equipment from that I ordered from Adafruit 8 days ago. I think that the Post Office ate it. I was going to try and help with the code.

Are you going to post the code to drive the LCD? It would help others.

Chuck

#35663 LCD for N+

Posted by carb on 20 September 2012 - 09:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for the info, I am ordering the 498. Yes, the class would be helpful, I apreciate that.

Giuliano,

You adding a display to the sprinkler system? B)

I have the 498 and it works very well with Stefan's NetMF Toolbox, it took about 30 minutes to solder all of the pins and headers but you should not have any problems (.1" between connections). Plus you only use a few IOs.

Chuck

#39666 LCD for N+

Posted by carb on 19 November 2012 - 10:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've followed the instructions of the blog provided but cannot get the LCD to work, all I get is a Red LCD as soon as I plug it in to the power.

My wiring is as follows:

CLK going to D13, DAT going to D12, LAT going to D10, 5V to 5V on the Netduino and GND to GND on the Netduino.

Mike,

I have a backpack and LCD coming, may take a few days to get here. I currently have only the Adafruit RGB Negative LCD Shield and it seems to work correctly using Stefan's NETMF Toolbox sample program.

But from looking at the wiring and the pinout card for the Netduino, you are not connected properly for SPI. The SPI pins are D11, D12 & D13 not D10, D12 & D13. Netduino Plus Pinouts

I assume that you have worked through the Adafruit tutorial? LCD Backpack Tutorial

Also to work through the code I will likely need to know what you are importing / references. If you have Dropbox or simular it may be easier to post the code there or email it to me.

I will at it some more after supper, but need the backpack first.

Chuck

#39679 LCD for N+

Posted by carb on 20 November 2012 - 02:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Mike,

I think I told you wrong, and I think your connections are right.

On the Arduino and Netduino:
  • D10 is the chip select and must be low to write to the LCD backpack(not shown on Pinout but any DIO set to false should work. Connect to Lat(Latch) on LCD backpack
  • D11 is MOSI Master Output Slave Input (from Arduino or Netduino to LCD) connect to DAT (Data In)
  • D12 is Master Input Slave Output (not used on LCD backpack).
  • D13 is Clock tells slave to recieve data. Connect to CLK (Clock) on LCD
Try setting D10 to false.

Chuck

#39676 LCD for N+

Posted by carb on 20 November 2012 - 01:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chuck,

N+ Tech Specs:
Digital pins 11-13: SPI MOSI, MISO, SPCK

Thanks for anwering, I did follow the tutorial referenced to me here in one of the links but maybe it is for an old Netduino and not for the Netduino Plus as they are using D10 as you pointed out, so I am going to try with D11 instead of D10 as suggested.

So, Stefan's NETMF Toolbox works with the LCD itself, right, not with the backpack?

I'll put the code in dropbox or skydrive and send you the link to it.

Thanks

It works with the LCD shield. But I think that if you get the SPI correct that it may work, or at least help get you started.

Chuck

#39160 Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 12:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Steve, Great job as usual. I was wondering if you were going to take one of the many hints. :rolleyes: But I think that you may have been a little to fast. You could have waited a few more days, then explained that if Chris had sent you a pre-release Neduino Plus 2 you could have had the pinout ready on release day. That way you could have the new products before everyone, except maybe Stefan. B) Thanks, Chuck

#39173 Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 02:39 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ROFL

See Chuck, that's why I need to hire you as my manager. You always have the greatest ideas :D

BTW, did you get your NP2 this Saturday?

Yes, they were waiting patiently for me to get home on Sunday (had to go to Boca Raton on Saturday). Started playing with the last night.
Chuck

#39198 Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

Posted by carb on 12 November 2012 - 06:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

damn, I was to press the (+) on that topic, but slid the mouse, and hit the (-), and cannot undo it :(

Thanks for the links!

Asbjorn,

You gave the moderator a negative rating!!! :angry:

Good Luck, :lol:
Chuck

Good thing Stefan was watching out for you. :unsure:

#40454 Any ETAs for Netduino Plus 2 Fixes?

Posted by carb on 30 November 2012 - 01:20 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

While I don't pretend to know the cause of the delay or lack of communication I have to give Chris the benifit of doubt. Sometime people tend to have a short memory. If you look back through the posts on this forum and look at the timestamp on the post that Chris has made you will find that they are posted at all times of the day. He has spent considerable time helping some of us. What ever the reason for the delay it has not been that long. The firmware made it out with some features not working. They may have been able to get some of the problems fixed and release the update last weekend only to discover new problems. I have to think that the extra time will pay off in the long run with a better product. No matter the cause of the delay (personal, illness or just trying to get the fixes done) I think most of us should be able to find a little patience and wait a little longer. Chuck

#40544 Netduino Plus 2 - I2C not working

Posted by carb on 30 November 2012 - 09:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using the SD/SC pins, I have also tried A4/5 with no success.

Attached is an image of my setup.

The device has pull-ups built in with 4.7k resistors. I'm using the Sparkfun SEN-10724 (https://www.sparkfun.../products/10724) The sensor works with my N+1 and Nmini (with the above mentioned code).

I will look at dave's code and see if that helps.

egeorgiou,

From the picture it looks like you have both the power and the ground plugged into the same row of the bread board, this will short out the power supply, please check your wiring?

Chuck

#40555 Netduino Plus 2 - I2C not working

Posted by carb on 30 November 2012 - 10:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chuck,

the image isn't very clear, the lines are not connected together. That wouldn't be clever and I would have picked that up. The same board is moved to the N+1 and it works fine with the originally reference i2c code.

After the post I looked at the picture on a larger screen instead of a tablet and could see it was connected properly. Just didn't want you to smoke the board. :o

Chuck

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.