Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fahdil's Content

There have been 53 items by Fahdil (Search limited from 07-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55798 Weird problem powering up GSM shield

Posted by Fahdil on 02 February 2014 - 03:37 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thank you very much. Very insightful  :)

Yes I did pretty much get to grips with the SIM900 now. I'm getting round the power-up problem using a relay as mentionedd before. It is very cumbersome, and wastes a GPIO pin, but it will do for now.

I also managed to hit the USB power limit finally. Determined to find the limit, I dropped in a shift register with LEDs attached ... once I got to 8 LEDs on the SIM900 wouldn't power on any more  B)

to power it up, just declare Pin 8 as output, False. then you can control the power button through pin 9. send High from netduino for 500ms.

regards

#55771 Analog Input Example on the Netduino Plus and Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Fahdil on 31 January 2014 - 09:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi guys,

I've got inaccurate analog reads. 

in my multimeter the the sensor output is ~280mv but the netduino always read the value as 319mv. 

I'm using LM35 as the sensor. so 319 mv = 31.9C. it's to far from 28C

now I'm force to add an offset = -40.21 mv to get close enough to actual value.

do someone ever experience this? any suggestion?

cheers

#55762 I2C + AnalogInput = Messed up

Posted by Fahdil on 31 January 2014 - 09:05 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Done...

this my Note.

1. Power RTC to 5v, but pull up SDA/SCL to 3.3v (here I'm using 4.7k and time readings work fine). as suggested by mastronic.

2. At Any rest analog (A0-A3), it will have 1.5v before declared to use ( as analoginput ) and 0mv after declaration...

But I dont have any explaination, why is it happen? as Crish mentioned above that, once A4/A5 is declared as I2c device, there's no more connection or relation to other analog pins. then why the pull up to 5v affecting them? :wacko:

anyway... my RTC and analog input works fine now.  :rolleyes: but very appreciate for any detail explaination (I've used to write it on to my thesis) :P

Cheers :lol:

#55761 I2C + AnalogInput = Messed up

Posted by Fahdil on 31 January 2014 - 07:14 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Add details,

protected static SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput A0 = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);

when I delete this declaration, All analog pins (Analog 0-3, A4/A5 use to I2C) goes normal, reads 0.45mv.  but when I use this code, with RTC pluged all the rest Analog in reads become 3.3V. Please anyone suggest a solution....

#55760 I2C + AnalogInput = Messed up

Posted by Fahdil on 31 January 2014 - 06:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Guys,

I'm working with DS1307... it's attached on A4/A5. time reading is great. but something happen to my analog pin 0 -3. All those Analog pins read 3.3V.

when I deploy a program to read Analog pins (without RTC) it goes fine. Once I attached the RTC all pins goes to 3.3 v..

what should I do?

#55759 Unexpected Analog Input Results

Posted by Fahdil on 31 January 2014 - 05:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What formula are you using to convert the Alalog output of the MPX4115A to a presure reading?

it's explained on datasheet. or you can refer to sensitivity of the sensor to get millibar or pascal.

#55725 Automated Urban Garden

Posted by Fahdil on 29 January 2014 - 10:20 AM in Project Showcase

Good Business.... haha...

do you know your method so much help full for Tea Plantation. when the atmospheric temperature goes below  10-14C it will freeze the leaf. in Indonesia, when it's happen the plantation lost about 60% of normal harvest. 

the solution is, whenever the temperature goes below 15C(in example; need more observation), you just need to control water sprinkle above the leaf (smaller holes the better, we want the water vapor keep longer in the air.). as we know, that the water has a higher heat capacity than the air. so you can control the air temperature. :)

Cheers

this when science makes money.... :lol:

#55723 Netduino scheduler

Posted by Fahdil on 29 January 2014 - 09:44 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Giuliano de medicci...

share me please... hihi :P ... now I'm using standard loop by using RTC 

int currentday = 0;int today = datetime.day;while (true){if (today != currentday) // for daily action{   action;}currentday == today;if (datetime.minutes %10 > 0) //this for 10 minutes schdule.no worries to rplace it by using timer/timespan{    recordData;}else{    postData;  // this action takes about 10 - 15 secs. so I waste the rest of minutes = 10}}

so it will execute the action every day at the change of the day.

but if there's another way to using timer and timespan, i would love it...  :P bcoz I've using so many "if else" on the loop... 

cheers

#55722 Energy meter

Posted by Fahdil on 29 January 2014 - 09:21 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I think it's cool, but maybe it's  hard to understand. bcoz there's no any description about it. how to set up the board... what IC you're using.

and besides it's just a Class. so much help full if you demonstrate the object instead the class. 

Cheers

#55704 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 01:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

If you plug the board into your PC while firmly holding down the pushbutton--and the blue LED does not turn off--then it is either in bootloader mode or the board is damaged. If it is bootloader mode, you'll get device enumeration via USB. If it doesn't enumerate (on any PC) in this condition, then something somewhere has is damaged :( Chris

it's happened to me.... I guess.... badly i dont know why it's happened. once I try to deploy my sketch, the debugger says that cant connect to netduino. I try to re-plug netduino and deploy it once again, and it's still happen. so i try to flush my netduino tarraaaa... netduino doesnt appear anymore in my hardware management.

My Netduino+ has damage. it force me to buy another one... the sketch deployed successfully.

so until now, I dunno what's the problem exactly.

huff :angry: ... I wish it doesnt happen ever again. :lol:

#55703 Analog input resolution &

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 12:55 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi

If the ADC resolution is 12 bits (from 0 to 4095) why I only obtain a 10 bit result (0 to 1023) ?

and more: Why the line in red (reference [color=#ff0000;]pot1[/color]) do not compile ?

which literature that explain the analog input has 12bits? as i know Netduino has limit the analoginput to 10bits. see Hardware Specification.

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]AnalogInput[/color] pot1 = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1); // DO NOT COMPILE ! !

it's bcoz you're using both:

using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;

the netduino with 4.2 framework has the ambiguity. try to delete "Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware".

#55698 Rain sensor

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 07:36 AM in General Discussion

If I were u... maybe I will try to using... resistant wire.... (cheap solution)

if any water falls on the cable... it will change it's resistance and you can trigger any digital I/O. I was use it as water level recorder.

and I found this solution on my bike fuel tank also.

wire the cable like this (it's 1 cable), once any water drop in the middle of string it will changes its resistance. 

---------------------------

#55697 Sending SMS via GSMshield (icomsat v1.1)...return error

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 06:55 AM in Project Showcase

it's done... and I adopt this class....

thx to forum

*edit

note for Icomsat v1.1:

you have to set up the serial :

baudrate : 9600 (up to 57000 see sim900 datasheet for details)

parity : none (seedstudio GSM sheild using parity.odd) 

dataBits = 8

stopBits = One

for Netduino Compatibility :

you have to set Pin D8 to Low. I dont know why but if it's still on High, powering the GSM shield via pin 9 (send High fo 500ms) wont work.

cheers

Attached Files

#55696 DS1307 Real Time Clock

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 06:22 AM in Project Showcase

Sorry Late Response,

I will put my netduino as Weather Station in a middle of forest, it will hard to get any internet connection. so I planed to sync my RTC to my PC clock. :huh:

if in the Arduino I just run this code...

// following line sets the RTC to the date & time this sketch was compiled    RTC.begin(DateTime(__DATE__, __TIME__)); 

very appreciate for any explain... :D

Cheers

#55695 Netduino scheduler

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 05:54 AM in Project Showcase

it's cool... hmm how if you want to callback action daily at 00:05 AM?

i just wonder to use

system.thread.timertimer _timer = new timer(callbackAction, Timespan.Zero, new Timespan(1,0,5,0)); 

but then I realize that, If i start this code on 3pm, then it will execute every 3pm instead 00:05 Am....

very appreciate any solution.

cheers

#55590 Netduino +2 Mp3 Player Shield Library

Posted by Fahdil on 24 January 2014 - 04:43 AM in Project Showcase

wuiish... cool bro....

anyway how much the mp3 shield cost?

hmm... have an idea then.... maybe you could advance it to make a Queue System. hmm... sounds a good business.... haha

#55577 DS1307 Real Time Clock

Posted by Fahdil on 23 January 2014 - 02:59 PM in Project Showcase

what a silly... :unsure:

I just Run this code

// TODO: Do this only once to set your clock//clock.SetClock(10, 8, 26, 17, 45, 30, DayOfWeek.Wednesday);

then It's work..... :P

so I need to set the clock at the first time. umm

is there any way for me to get the Clock from my PC?

#55576 DS1307 Real Time Clock

Posted by Fahdil on 23 January 2014 - 02:32 PM in Project Showcase

Still can't get the DateTime.Now... it's return 2002/01/01 00:00:00

I'm using RTC from Seed Studio. the configuration below:

SDA -- > R 4.7k  --> Vcc (5v)

SCL --> R 4.7 k --> Vcc

should I breakout the Pull Up resistor from Vcc to 3.3V battery? to make this code works?

#54687 NetDuino as Rotary Encoder Interface?

Posted by Fahdil on 14 December 2013 - 01:38 PM in General Discussion

Hallo,

I do have a question, about the signal. do we need add a pull up resistor if we connect the encoder to Netduino in 5 meter or 10 Meter cable? is the pull up will break the signal (can't be read)?

#52735 News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

Posted by Fahdil on 13 September 2013 - 08:13 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Fahdil, Visual Basic compiles using VBCore for .NET MF. That enables apps which are just a few KB bigger, and eliminates the dependency on the VB runtime. As far as the VB runtime goes...if you include it in your project you'll want to use the version designed for .NET MF. It's a subset of the larger set found on the desktop, but it should be a pretty good subset. Does that help? Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your info, I'll keep update if i found the bug later. anyway thanks :) ...

So Glad to secretLab team... Bravo... And By the way, Netduino will be so much cool if we have more Analog Pins ehehe :D

#52714 News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

Posted by Fahdil on 11 September 2013 - 07:39 PM in Visual Studio

4.5 is the full framework which you cannot use.
4.3 if the latest microframework.

umm...

Acctually I did replacing the "microsoft.visualbasic.dll" v1.0.0.0 on NETMF4.2 with "microsoft.visualbasic.dll" V10.0.0 on Framework 4.5

here is my screencap...:

Posted Image

I didn't sure if it's OK to compile or not... I will let u know if it really work

But I just wonder, if it will cause an error later..?

btw, thx for the respon

#52709 News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

Posted by Fahdil on 11 September 2013 - 05:55 PM in Visual Studio

Hi Carlos,

Posted Image

We're working on VS2012 support. If you'd like to get started with VS2012 now, you can do the following:

1. Install the .NET MF 4.3 SDK (from netmf.codeplex.com)
2. Install the latest Netduino 4.2 SDK (from our Downloads page)
3. Create a .NET Micro Framework "Console Application"
4. Add "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll" and "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll" from the Netduino SDK directory (in Program Files (x86).

That will effectively do the same thing as the Netduino SDK templates.

You can also be able to install Visual C# 2010 Express side-by-side with VS2012, although I always install VS2010 first.

Chris

dear Cris,

Posted Image

is it possible to replacing that "Microsoft.VisualBasic" Versi 1.0.0.0 (see. pic) with "Microsoft.VisualBasic" library which include in framework 4.5 on "C:Program Files (x86)Reference AssembliesMicrosoftFramework.NETFrameworkv4.5Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll"

I found that some classes like microsoft.visualbasic.controlchars is not included on .NET MF 4.3 versa. please some advise

Regards

#52679 Sending SMS via GSMshield (icomsat v1.1)...return error

Posted by Fahdil on 10 September 2013 - 04:54 AM in Project Showcase

I little bit better... but still error..... after I modified the code like this, it's going better, the error comes after Ctrl-z. so I think, I need to know how to send Ctrl-Z  (0x1A)... I try to use GSM_UART.writebyte(0x1A) it doesnt work either.

While SendingSMS = True                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("AT+CMGS=")                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART.WriteByte(34)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("085218877358")                GSM_UART.WriteByte(34)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("" & vbLf)                Thread.Sleep(500)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("Body Massage being so good")                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("0x1A" & vbCr)                Thread.Sleep(1000)                                SendingSMS = False            End While

#52677 Sending SMS via GSMshield (icomsat v1.1)...return error

Posted by Fahdil on 10 September 2013 - 01:14 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Guys

lately I'm try to send SMS via GSMshield (using UART port Com1), but I dont know why it always return error as result (the SMS never sent). Can anybody help me to find the way out... :wacko:

Public Class GSM_UART_serial        Private Shared GSM_UART As SerialPort        Private Shared Respons As String        Private Shared bytesTosend As Byte()        Private Shared SendingSMS As Boolean        Public Shared Sub Main()            OnboardLed = New OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, False)            D9 = New OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, False)            SendingSMS = False            D9.Write(True)            Thread.Sleep(500)            D9.Write(False)            GSM_UART = New SerialPort("COM1", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One)            AddHandler GSM_UART.DataReceived, New SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(AddressOf RecieveData)            If GSM_UART.IsOpen = False Then                GSM_UART.Open()                Debug.Print("Port Opening" & " : at baudRate= " & GSM_UART.BaudRate)            Else                Debug.Print("Port is ready...")            End If            SendingSMS = True            While SendingSMS = True                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("AT+CMGF=1" & vbCr)                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("ATE" & vbCr)                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("AT+CMGS=")                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART.WriteByte(34)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("085218877358")                GSM_UART.WriteByte(34)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("" & vbCr)                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("Body Massage being so good" & vbCr)                Thread.Sleep(250)                GSM_UART_dataWrite("x1A" & vbCr)                Thread.Sleep(1000)                SendingSMS = False            End While            Debug.Print(Respons & "?")            Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite)        End Sub                Private Shared Sub GSM_UART_dataWrite(ByVal Command As String)            bytesTosend = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(Command)            Debug.Print("Send port : " & Command)            GSM_UART.Write(bytesTosend, 0, bytesTosend.Length)            Debug.Print("Port is writing...")        End Sub	    Private Shared Sub RecieveData(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As SerialDataReceivedEventArgs)		    Dim Length As Integer = GSM_UART.BytesToRead		    Dim bufferData As Byte() = New Byte(Length - 1) {}		    GSM_UART.Read(bufferData, 0, Length)		    Respons += New String(Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(bufferData))		    If Respons.IndexOf(vbLf) >= 0 Then			    Respons = Respons.Trim()			    If Respons <> "" Then				    OnboardLed.Write(state:=True)				    Debug.Print(Respons)			    End If			    Respons = ""			    If Respons = "" Then				    OnboardLed.Write(state:=False)				    Debug.Print(Respons)			    End If		    End If	    End Subend class

very appreciate for your help

Best Regards

#52651 Serial Port Problem

Posted by Fahdil on 08 September 2013 - 09:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm attempting to use both serial ports at the same time and have run into a problem. I've narrowed the problem to a single line of code but don't know what to do about it. In a test program I'm using COM1 to listen for a string from a PC and turn the LED on or off. This works fine while I'm still connected to the Netduino through the USB but when I disconnect the USB and power up through power connector it fails. I've attached a small test program that illustrates the problem (along with a little VB app to test it). I'm using an original Netduino (not the plus or mini) and I'm using firmware version 4.1.0.5.

Oh God Thanks,

Love this thread.... so much helpful... thanks... it's really  show me how to communicate to my GSMshield Icomsat v1.1...  i need to convert your code to Vb Language (it's the only Programming Language I understand). I planed to use netduino as weather station and send its data trought GSMsheild. Formerly I'm using arduino uno board, but since netduino has more option to develop, so I decide to learn netduino.

thanks to all of you guys. here is your code on vb lnguage

Imports SystemImports System.TextImports System.ThreadingImports System.IO.PortsImports Microsoft.VisualBasic.ConstantsImports Microsoft.SPOTImports Microsoft.SPOT.HardwareImports SecretLabs.NETMF.HardwareImports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlusNamespace Uart    Public Class Com_UART        Private Shared GSM_UART As SerialPort        Private Shared OnboardLed As OutputPort        Private Shared DataIn As String        Public Shared Sub Main()            ' write your code here            OnboardLed = New OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, False)            GSM_UART = New SerialPort("COM1", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One)            AddHandler GSM_UART.DataReceived, New SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(AddressOf RecieveData)            If GSM_UART.IsOpen = False Then                GSM_UART.Open()                Debug.Print("Port Opening" & " : at baudRate= " & GSM_UART.BaudRate)            Else                Debug.Print("Port is ready...")            End If            Thread.Sleep(1000)            Dim bytesTosend As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("AT+CMGF=1" & vbCr)            Debug.Print("Send port : AT+CMGF=1")            GSM_UART.Write(bytesTosend, 0, bytesTosend.Length)            Debug.Print("Port is writing...")            Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite)        End Sub        Private Shared Sub RecieveData(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As SerialDataReceivedEventArgs)            Dim Length As Integer = GSM_UART.BytesToRead            Dim bufferData As Byte() = New Byte(Length - 1) {}            GSM_UART.Read(bufferData, 0, Length)            DataIn += New String(Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(bufferData))            If DataIn.IndexOf(vbLf) >= 0 Then                Debug.Print("Command: " & DataIn)                DataIn = DataIn.Trim()          ' Get rid of the line feed                If DataIn <> "" Then                    OnboardLed.Write(state:=True)                    Debug.Print(DataIn)                End If                If DataIn = "" Then                    OnboardLed.Write(state:=False)                    Debug.Print("Command should be Cleared :" & DataIn)                End If                ' Clear the string for the next transmission            End If        End Sub    End ClassEnd Namespace

I wish to share my final code later....

best regards

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.