Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Victor M.

Victor M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hello Everybody, Someone have news about Visual Studio 2012 compatibility with .NETMF. The last post about this point, Chris sad that gonna be suported on .NETMF 4.3 ? Victor

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi Victor, Confirmed. .NET MF 4.3 will be the first version of the NETMF SDK to support VS2012. We are anticipating an alpha/beta release of NETMF 4.3 by next month. Chris

#3 Victor M.

Victor M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Very nice Chris! I'm very anxious for this. Thanks, Victor

#4 andrew6071

andrew6071

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi, Can VS 2012 and VS 2010 co exist ? I'm just wondering if I install VS 2012 what will happen to .NET MF 4.2 from the VS 2010 point will it still work ? Thanks Andrew

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi Andrew,

Can VS 2012 and VS 2010 co exist ?

Absolutely. I'm running both on my computer.

For a long time I was running VS.NET, VS2005, VS2008 and/or VS2010 on my computer. They seem to live well side-by-side.

Chris

#6 mcinnes01

mcinnes01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Is there any news on netmf and vs2012?

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Is there any news on netmf and vs2012?

We're testing it now. If you don't mind pulling in your own references, you can grab the .NET MF 4.3 beta SDK and be off and running today.

I've been using the .NET MF 4.3 beta SDK (targeting .NET MF 4.2 apps) with VS2012 for a few weeks. Deployment takes longer (and displays more thorough step-by-step details) than before, but it seems to work well.

Chris

#8 mcinnes01

mcinnes01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Awesome news, I will try out 4.3 as soon as windows 8 finishes installing... :D

#9 pierpox

pierpox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

We're testing it now. If you don't mind pulling in your own references, you can grab the .NET MF 4.3 beta SDK and be off and running today.

I've been using the .NET MF 4.3 beta SDK (targeting .NET MF 4.2 apps) with VS2012 for a few weeks. Deployment takes longer (and displays more thorough step-by-step details) than before, but it seems to work well.

Chris

Hi Chris what do it mean "targeting .NET MF 4.2 apps"? I installed .NET MF 4.3 beta SDK and Netduino SDK v4.2.1.0 (64-bit) but when I create a new c# project with vs2012 under microframework the only choices are :
1)Class Library
2)Console Application
3)Device Emulator
4)Windows Application

So please can you explain more accurately the procedure to create correctly a netduino plus project with vs 2012 thanks?

#10 2Elemental

2Elemental

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hi Chris what do it mean "targeting .NET MF 4.2 apps"? I installed .NET MF 4.3 beta SDK and Netduino SDK v4.2.1.0 (64-bit) but when I create a new c# project with vs2012 under microframework the only choices are :
1)Class Library
2)Console Application
3)Device Emulator
4)Windows Application

So please can you explain more accurately the procedure to create correctly a netduino plus project with vs 2012 thanks?

I'm having the same issue, no Project Templates available for Netduino (Plus). Do we need to install an updated SDK and if so, where can it be downloaded? Thanks in advance...

#11 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

pierpox--the .net framework version targeting options are in project properties. 2Elemental--we're working on a new 4.3 beta SDK which will ship before the end of the year. It will include Netduino templates. For the moment you'll need to create a ".net micro framework console application", switch it to use .net mf 4.2, and then add in the secret labs assemblies manually. Or load a project saved by vs2010. Chris

#12 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Just a Little help: You can find the assemblies you have to reference to at C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2 Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#13 Carlos Bomtempo

Carlos Bomtempo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

pierpox--the .net framework version targeting options are in project properties.

2Elemental--we're working on a new 4.3 beta SDK which will ship before the end of the year. It will include Netduino templates. For the moment you'll need to create a ".net micro framework console application", switch it to use .net mf 4.2, and then add in the secret labs assemblies manually. Or load a project saved by vs2010.

Chris

Hi Chris!

Any News about the new 4.3 beta SDK? I'm asking because I'm waiting my Netduino Plus 2 to arrive and I only have Win8 with VS2012.

I'm anxious to get started with netduino!!!!

#14 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hi Carlos,

Any News about the new 4.3 beta SDK? I'm asking because I'm waiting my Netduino Plus 2 to arrive and I only have Win8 with VS2012.

I'm anxious to get started with netduino!!!!

:)

We're working on VS2012 support. If you'd like to get started with VS2012 now, you can do the following:

1. Install the .NET MF 4.3 SDK (from netmf.codeplex.com)
2. Install the latest Netduino 4.2 SDK (from our Downloads page)
3. Create a .NET Micro Framework "Console Application"
4. Add "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll" and "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll" from the Netduino SDK directory (in \Program Files (x86).

That will effectively do the same thing as the Netduino SDK templates.

You can also be able to install Visual C# 2010 Express side-by-side with VS2012, although I always install VS2010 first.

Chris

#15 pierpox

pierpox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi Carlos,

Posted Image

We're working on VS2012 support. If you'd like to get started with VS2012 now, you can do the following:

1. Install the .NET MF 4.3 SDK (from netmf.codeplex.com)
2. Install the latest Netduino 4.2 SDK (from our Downloads page)
3. Create a .NET Micro Framework "Console Application"
4. Add "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll" and "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll" from the Netduino SDK directory (in Program Files (x86).

That will effectively do the same thing as the Netduino SDK templates.

You can also be able to install Visual C# 2010 Express side-by-side with VS2012, although I always install VS2010 first.

Chris

Ok but when I try to deploy the project I get this error:
"Error 1 Cannot deploy the base assembly 'mscorlib', or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:NetduinoPlus twice. Assembly 'mscorlib' on the device has version 4.1.2821.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.3.0.0".Anyone can help me please?

#16 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Change your project to 4.1;

Open your solution in Visual Studio and double click the "Properties"-page underneath your project in the Solution Explorer window. Go to the "Application"-tab. You can both see and change the target framework here.  

"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#17 pierpox

pierpox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for reply,I took your advice,but now there is a link error:"Rebooting...

TinyCLR (Build 4.1.2821.0)

Starting...

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 14d324, end 162e8c

Attaching file.

Assembly: mscorlib (4.1.2821.0) (3880 RAM - 33236 ROM - 19134 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.1.2821.0) (1144 RAM - 6516 ROM - 4479 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.1.2821.0) (1752 RAM - 11440 ROM - 7371 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.1.2821.0) (704 RAM - 5060 ROM - 2452 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: System (4.1.2821.0) (872 RAM - 5992 ROM - 3206 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.1.2821.0) (740 RAM - 4620 ROM - 2522 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: System.IO (4.1.2821.0) (1548 RAM - 13292 ROM - 5862 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.1.2821.0) (512 RAM - 3488 ROM - 1543 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.1.2821.0) (580 RAM - 3740 ROM - 1844 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.1.0.0) (256 RAM - 1108 ROM - 491 METADATA)

Attaching file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.1.0.0) (180 RAM - 440 ROM - 166 METADATA)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.1.2821.0) (388 RAM - 2268 ROM - 1357 METADATA)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Blinky (1.0.0.0) (276 RAM - 804 ROM - 424 METADATA)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus (4.2.0.1) (284 RAM - 880 ROM - 471 METADATA)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.2.0.0) (136 RAM - 152 ROM - 0 METADATA)

Invalid native checksum: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware 0x0!=0xA99F07CD

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus (4.2.0.1) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware' (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus (4.2.0.1) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[3] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0)." maybe I have to unistall netduino sdk 4.2 install and use 4.1...

#18 pierpox

pierpox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ok now installing netduino sdk 4.1 x64 (I have netduino plus) it works...so I can conclude that with win8(x64)+vs2012 I have to use 4.1 micorframework target+ 4.1 netduino sdk!

#19 qsnapper

qsnapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Just received my Netduino Plus 2 today and it's my first dabble with electronics. Started learning a bit of C# + Web Pages 2 this summer for developing websites and starting to get the hang of that.

This evening been trying to get my first - and what I thought would be an easy - start project running, the BlinkingLed.

What do I have installed:

• Windows 7
  • Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
  • MS .NET Microframework 4.3
  • Netduino SDK v4.2.1.0 (32-bit)

To start the project I did as above, started a c# console application and then manually added the Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware and 

SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus references.

The code written can be seen below the attached image.
Posted Image
I also did set the Target Framework to "4.2" as mentioned above. The Netduino was also detected correctly when I first plugged it in.

When I start debugging, I don't get any error messages, but my Netduino's LED doesn't start blinking either. 
If I push the button on the Netduino the light does light up, not sure if that's what it does out the box or not.

Not sure if this helps at all, but this is what is in my Output Debug console in VS was:
Found debugger!Create TS. Loading start at 806a238, end 8085f74Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.2.1.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.2.0.0)Loading Deployment Assemblies.Attaching deployed file.Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.Assembly: BlinkingLed (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus (4.2.0.1)Resolving.The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.Ready.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2Assemblieslemscorlib.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Native.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Net.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleSystem.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleSystem.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesSecret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2leSecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesSecret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2leSecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Time.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Graphics.dll', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:UsersQDocumentsVisual Studio 2012ProjectsNetduinoBlinkingLedBlinkingLedbinDebugleBlinkingLed.exe', Symbols loaded.'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:Program FilesSecret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2leSecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.dll', Symbols loaded.The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).The program '[6] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

And the Output console for Micro Framework Device Deployment was:

Looking for a device on transport 'USB'Starting device deployment...Iteration 0Opening port ?USB#VID_22B1&PID_1000#000000000000#{09343630-a794-10ef-334f-82ea332c49f3}OperationsAttaching debugger engine...... debugger engine attached!Querying device assemblies...Found Assembly mscorlib 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Native 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Net 4.2.0.0Found Assembly System 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.IO 4.2.0.0Found Assembly System.IO 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM 4.2.0.1Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb 4.2.0.0Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics 4.2.0.0Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino 4.2.1.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Time 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics 4.2.0.0Found Assembly BlinkingLed 1.0.0.0Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus 4.2.0.1Adding pe file C:Program FilesMicrosoft .NET Micro Frameworkv4.2AssembliesleMicrosoft.SPOT.Graphics.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:UsersQDocumentsVisual Studio 2012ProjectsNetduinoBlinkingLedBlinkingLedbinDebugleBlinkingLed.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:Program FilesSecret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2lesecretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduinoplus.pe to deployment bundleAttempting deployment...Incrementally deploying assemblies to deviceAll assemblies on the device are up to date.  No assembly deployment was necessary.Assemblies successfully deployed to device.Restarting interpreter...Attaching to device...Waiting for device to initialize...

Anyone have any ideas about what is going wrong with my non blinking arduino?

Thanks

#20 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

remove secretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduinoplus and add secretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduino instead the netduino plus 1 had netduinoplus.dll the netduino plus 2 uses netduino.dll

"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.