Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

NetDuino as Rotary Encoder Interface?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fshrking

fshrking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Apologies for a presumably stupid question, but I'm writing an application in C# and need some to incorporate some rotary encoders. The app will need to run off an actual PC with graphics card, but I do need some input channels. Is the NetDuino the correct device for me to use? Or should I use something like the Phidgets controllers? As a C# developer, I'd prefer the NetDuino for the community and support, but am not sure what the best choice is. Any suggestions? Cheers-

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi fshrking and welcome to the Netduino community! I recently wrote a rotary coder sample, which can be found at http://netmftoolbox....e.RotaryEncoder It's not 100% stable, meaning if you twist it too hard, it has some negative readings too, but they're greatly compensated by positive readings anyways. See it in action here:
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hallo,

I do have a question, about the signal. do we need add a pull up resistor if we connect the encoder to Netduino in 5 meter or 10 Meter cable? is the pull up will break the signal (can't be read)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.