Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 14-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12178 Native code resources

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 06:18 PM in General Discussion

Here's a small google spreadsheet with the netduino -> MCU pin mappings.

Thanks, noted !

This is way out of my league but I agree with him, a special topic in the forum for this advanced topic :)

#12177 General Structure for my Netduino Tutorials

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 06:08 PM in General Discussion

add one on reading from a potentiometer.

Consider it done :) I'll contact you when there :) First learning dotnetnuke ...

getting started hardware guide on the wiki.

Saw it, will be feeding on it for general ideas, thanks.

It will not be a place for it all, but a place to really start on a good basis, that is my goal !

#12174 General Structure for my Netduino Tutorials

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 03:25 PM in General Discussion

Hi everyone,

In about a month, I should put online my new site MichelTrahan.com and put many structured tutorials for the netduino on it.

When I say structured I mean that each and everyone of the tutorials will be backed by a Fritzing diagram, Full C# solution and complete documentation in both french and english (being in Quebec, this is mandatory).

Here is the global structure. Please comment if you see something missing or not appropriate. This is High Level.

Home
Curriculum
Readings
Best Shots
Netduino Tutorials
Introduction
.net MF and netduino
Board setup and configuration
Development tools
Inputs
Outpts
Storage (ND+, ND++)
Communication (ND+, ND++)
Power Supply (3.3V)
Beginners
Driving a simple LED
LED using PWM
Analog Temperature
Showing Temperature with a 7-Segment Display and one button (F or C)
Showing Temperature with a 4x20 LCD and 4 buttons (function, F or C, up down)
Showing Temperature Graphic History with a 600x200 Screen and 4 buttons again
Intermediate
Running a simple web server
Talking to ThingSpeak
Loggin it to SD Card
Loading code from an SD Card
... any other ideas ?
Widgets and Helper class
not there yet ... any ideas ?
Advance Topics
Writting native drivers (work for you Chris Walker!)
Full Fledge Projects
Robotics
Home Automation
Quadcopter (my own project, it should take a year and the ND Mega, read speadier)
------------------------
Basics
What's Needed
Pullup Resistors (Or Electronics Refresher (or tutorial for me lol) would be best)
Where to get things
Netduino Namespace Docs (automatically generated by sandcastle)
------------------------
Submitting Projects or Tutorials
Rules (Fritzing diagram, C# code, documentation)
Tools Needed (Fritzing, Inkscape, VS2010)
-----------------------
People, Groups and Sites

Forums
Have not decided on which structure to put here ... I love the netduino forum format (ip.board)

About

Contact Me

And top level buttons like :
Login
Register
Donate

And top level language selection on each page (Français/English), probably flags (France/US)

That is it !

Any suggestions or comments ?

#12166 SecretLabs Namespace Documentation

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 07:11 AM in General Discussion

And the XML files generated

Attached Files

#12165 SecretLabs Namespace Documentation

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 07:06 AM in General Discussion

Hi everyone, Here is the zip file containing all the HTML files generated by the sandcastle tool for the SecretLabs namespace. I will build on that, hope it helps. Mike. p.s.: darn I have to split the files ... bigger than 2 megs ... put them back into one directory before using them ! The start pages of the namespace documentation starts with the letter N p.p.s.: can anyone tell me why the chm file was not created ? I am on windows 7 64bits ...

Attached Files

#12163 How to access hardware timers/counters?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 05:26 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

perhaps what we need is a good way to launch native code routines off of timer interrupts?

And a tutorial on how to do that (documentation and sample code)

It would be great if the three timer/counters in the Netduino ARM7 CPU were exposed ...

I agree !

#12161 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 01:02 AM in General Discussion

Any updates ?

#12152 Looking for hardware specific resources

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 April 2011 - 03:26 PM in General Discussion

Netduino-specific libraries (SecretLabs.NETMF.*) do not currently have any documentation available online

It is needed by people like me ... so I'll be working on it for sure

#12148 Resetting on /Reset pin

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 April 2011 - 02:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Do I need to connect it to +5V to reset

I don't know how to reset it but the netduino is 3.3V not 5V !

#12147 *.brd file ?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 April 2011 - 01:58 PM in General Discussion

BTW, we're working on a little something "Mega-style". More on that later.

I want to know :)

#12146 Looking for hardware specific resources

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 April 2011 - 01:57 PM in General Discussion

I ordered my Netduino Plus

Welcome to the community :)

Is there a reference document or any other resource that has the complete list of these types of functions and there parameters?

Working on it !

There is a bunch of code samples all over the place (and some in the sandbox.netduino.com) but I am working on a series of formal Tutorials (with Fritzing diagrams, documentation and code sample) and, I am also planning to get this list of functions/types available to us in the SecretLabs namespace (Chris I'll need your input for that).

It should be organized and easy to find :)

In the meantime, search the forums using keywords like SPI or I2C, you should find something that helps :)

Mike.

#12124 TMP36 Temperature Sensor/SB Protoshield

Posted by Michel Trahan on 15 April 2011 - 02:31 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I had similar reading with my scope ... until I grounded it ... just a thought, I know nothing in electronics, learning as I read about it here and there !

#12114 Getting Started Hardware

Posted by Michel Trahan on 14 April 2011 - 09:57 PM in General Discussion

Taking notes ... cross post

a scope is a definite must ... It help me found out I was using the wrong item (mine has voltage so I discovered that I was sending peaks of +- 2V and I was using something needing 20V lol

Needless to say that I am a newbie and I want to build such a structured tutorial site. The sandbox is good but structure is missing for the right push ! The sandbox should be ready sooner than my site but I'll start asap !

#12102 Code Repository

Posted by Michel Trahan on 14 April 2011 - 12:30 PM in General Discussion

[Chris is taking notes.]

Me too !

See this

I am very serious to get this tutorial built, planing to buy a .com or .org for it, serious. If we agree that it need to be, I'll buy it tonight (almost bought it this morning since both are available) ... should it be .com or .org ?

Mike.

#12101 Plan for training and education

Posted by Michel Trahan on 14 April 2011 - 12:11 PM in General Discussion

Hi Everybody,

I am thinking of buying a .com domain for netduino tutorials and call it ... netduinotutorials.com ? (should it be .org ?)

I want to document every project/tutorial with Fritzing diagrams (Fritzing.org) (Thanks to Stefan for this link), Visual Studio C# solutions, and a lot of explanation ... about many things.

I would also like to include a coding style (make many things static since we are in a very small footprint (does that make sense for an explanation ?)

I would like to invite many (like omar) to donate their project to this tutorial effort. I would like it to be open source with editing to enforce coding style (would that be too much to ask ?)

This project will take time since I want every project to be defined into Fritzing (read defining the parts graphics and specs).

Anyone interesting about that ?

Mike

#12052 Curious Cloud - Netduino strikes again!

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 April 2011 - 03:32 AM in General Discussion

... I don't quite get the sensor fascination everybody else seem to share - probably just me missing out on something...

I think it goes with the feeling green imperative :)

Using heating when people are coming home/waking up and mostly turning it off when leaving home for a while (that needs to be defined) things like that ... my thoughts !

#12051 Easy multiplexing with the Netduino

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 April 2011 - 03:23 AM in Project Showcase

The schematics are made with the free tool Fritzing. Should also be mentioned since the tool is a great help!

Great Tool, THANKS FOR SHARING (Sorry about the caps but this is exciting to me !)

#12038 Curious Cloud - Netduino strikes again!

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 08:27 PM in General Discussion

Fostering interest in the cloud and azure I'd say ! But first time I see it ! Too late anyway !

#12012 Read Debug.Print() output without Visual Studio

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 01:28 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You can also hook into the MFDeployEngine (the same thing that MFDeploy does) and tap into the Netduino's Debug.Print USB output stream.

Chris, I want to know how to do that ...

I want to start playing with Accel/Magneto/Gyro sensors and display on screen the resulting position/velocity ... (saw it many times but still wonder how to do it) ... graphically at that too ... any suggestions ?

#12011 Threads VS Timers

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 01:23 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

See this tutorial for details

We have to work on a tutorial section ! Thanks for sharing this one !

#12010 I2C Where do I start

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 01:17 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

However, some sensors/devices may have those built-in (e.g. Sparkfun breakout boards).

Boy do we need a tutorial LOL

what do you mean by 'encapsulate all this'?

Sorry, my lack of knowledge ... I didn't know why it was created ! Thanks !

#12009 My first netduino experience

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 01:12 PM in Project Showcase

Still wondering about the i2c board...

Will it eliminate the need for pullup resistors ?

#12008 Cosine function

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 01:10 PM in General Discussion

could you manage any way to cut-off the original MF math and insert the ours?

Or simply giving it to Microsoft to include in the .net mf framework ? Solving the problem, not patching it ?
Just a thought :)

And as a physicist ... I want a real math library ...

#12004 Threads VS Timers

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 01:00 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I read somewhere that the Times are not to be trusted ... not precise ... And a thread for each input ... isn't that an overkill ? Comments by a real newby ...

#12003 My first netduino experience

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 12:56 PM in Project Showcase

Your code makes me think about some code I wrote some 25 years ago ... using punch cards ... tedious work :) I had written : Computing is easy ! Which was not then LOL

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.