Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Looking for hardware specific resources

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mpearson

mpearson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hello All,
I ordered my Netduino Plus and is on it's way. I am excited to start exploring! I am curious to know if there are more resources that I may be missing. I have moderate experience in C, but am intrigued by the ease of C#. My question is this. Are there any specific resources that list all of the "functions"? I know I am lacking the correct terminology here. For example, to set up a specific output port and assign it an identifier, you use the following.

OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);

Is there a reference document or any other resource that has the complete list of these types of functions and there parameters? I know how to set-up and communicate through SPI or I2C in C through AVR Studio from Atmel for example, but how is this accomplished with the Netduino SDK?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

#2 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

I ordered my Netduino Plus

Welcome to the community :)

Is there a reference document or any other resource that has the complete list of these types of functions and there parameters?

Working on it !

There is a bunch of code samples all over the place (and some in the sandbox.netduino.com) but I am working on a series of formal Tutorials (with Fritzing diagrams, documentation and code sample) and, I am also planning to get this list of functions/types available to us in the SecretLabs namespace (Chris I'll need your input for that).

It should be organized and easy to find :)

In the meantime, search the forums using keywords like SPI or I2C, you should find something that helps :)

Mike.
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

#3 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Is there a reference document or any other resource that has the complete list of these types of functions and there parameters?

There is .NET Micro Framework API Reference available on MSDN, basic classes like I/O, SPI or I2C are defined in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware namespace. Netduino-specific libraries (SecretLabs.NETMF.*) do not currently have any documentation available online, but you can use "Object Browser" window in Visual Studio IDE to inspect the list of classes and their methods (and of course IntelliSense offers those during typing the code).

#4 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Netduino-specific libraries (SecretLabs.NETMF.*) do not currently have any documentation available online

It is needed by people like me ... so I'll be working on it for sure
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

#5 mpearson

mpearson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for the replies and information! I will take a look at the references as soon as I can. Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.