Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52011 N+2 and uP flash write

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 11:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i dont think thats a good idea. flash is also the place where the netmf and your programm is.

if they make this aviable, lot of ppl will mess this up.

also, since it has limited write cycles, its a problem.

iam sure _some_ ppl will just write some stupid variable 1000 times a second till the flash block is dead :D

//edit: iam not pessimistic, but realistic :D

#52009 SPI and networking, concurrant, doesn't work?

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 11:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hmm.

try using > 2mhz as spi clock.

(hmm, well that should be fixed long time ago and not interfere with ethernet.. hmm)

and try using SPI_Devices.xxx

btw: from what i know also 16mhz is max the netduino can do (some division problems or whatnot, iam not sure)

#52005 microSD-Card defect?

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 11:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

that link doesent have really details :D

its something like that: you cant use sdio without any licensing stuff, but nothing hinders you to use 32gb sd cards with spi.

its some kind of driver problem with the netmf.

like cw2 wrote a 4.1 driver wich supports larger cards, without sdio.

arduino also supports larger cards per spi. - not sdio - all the free stuff

#51992 Netduino Board Support Package?

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 06:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

thats allready included in  the netduino sdk, wich you need/want.

like the pins on netduino are marked like d8 and so on, and you use Pins.gpio_d8 to access it.

(not CPU.Pin. ... secretlabs allready mapped the pins right.. in the Pins. struct :D)

#51987 Humidity and Temperature Sensor Driver HIH6130 I2C

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 04:17 PM in Project Showcase

wow 30$

a dht22 is like 3$

yeah iced is right, the support of dht for netduino is uncool, but still possible.

suggestion:

remove the sensor.enterCommandMode(); and sensor.exitCommandMode(true); for the user.

make it automatically if you call the functions that wants command mode.

#51984 microSD-Card defect?

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 02:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

nakchak: thats not correct.

sdhc is an indicator for size and speed (like sdhc class 10 is one of the fastest)

sdio is the protocol thats normally used, but the sd cards also

support up to 32gb with spi. like arduino sd libs can do that.

sd and sdhc cards, but not sdxc (wich is the next gen, over 32gb)

(well maybe they are supported - but they come mostly with a new filesystem, see wikipedia)

spi is very much slower than sdio, but it should work. every card supports this

#51963 No Connection possible at all

Posted by NooM on 05 August 2013 - 07:33 PM in Netduino Mini

hm, to reflash iam using a cp2102 + max232 - cheapo solution and works great.

when i use the ttl (uart) port from programming i just remove the max232

a note: the cp2102 is like 3$ and a max232 with 4 caps also around 3$ ..

#51955 microSD-Card defect?

Posted by NooM on 05 August 2013 - 10:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

How can i repair it?

with a hammer :D

(sorry) :D

try it maybe under linux, if that doesent work, well, theres a programm for formatting sd card (sdformatter or something like that)

if that also doesnt work, maybe its dead, wich i guess cant be from netduino (3.3v is fine for them)

mostly its just old, maybe some damage through esd (do you have a carpet?), or did you write to it some million times?

#51949 Netduino2 ultrasonic sensor + 8x8 LED matrix + Speaker

Posted by NooM on 04 August 2013 - 11:20 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

well, you should use a multi i2c class, its makes it look way nicer.

also:

byte[] data = new byte[bufferSize];
  data[0] = 0x00; // Going to starting address

for (uint i = 1; i < bufferSize; i += 2)
  {
  data[i] = 0x00;
  data[i + 1] = 0x00;
  }

isent needed

byte[] data = new byte[bufferSize];

sets every item in the array to 0x00 allready

than:

PWM trig = new PWM(Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_0,60000,10, PWM.ScaleFactor.Microseconds, false);

dont use Cpu.whatever.

its PWMChannels.yourpin

another suggestion: dont use static all the time.

http://pastebin.com/9BBHnWA3 > anti static :P

#51930 Exploiting the world of R/C hobby vehicles

Posted by NooM on 03 August 2013 - 10:21 PM in General Discussion

yeah nice things for logging.

about motor and esc: wow watercooled and active cooled, guess it allreads has tons of power :D

#51920 Exploiting the world of R/C hobby vehicles

Posted by NooM on 03 August 2013 - 07:48 PM in General Discussion

i dont think its unexploited. maybe boats not so much, but drones (quadrocopters) are many around, modded with cameras, gps, autopilot and all kinds of stuff.

for  a boat, hmm. you can add a little horn (sound) and some leds :D

some sensors to check out how rought the water is and stuff like that.

well, for rc stuff i wouldnt mess around with the electronics, id mod/change the stuff allready there -

like a better motor, stronger lipo - cooler tires for a car and so on (sorry dont know boats)

#51891 5v Power Supply?

Posted by NooM on 01 August 2013 - 05:40 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i dont know if there are any with more outputs, but i guess not. its not that big, and the connectors are quite large, so not that much space left :D

but you can add more than one cable ofc. like i soldered a little board with switching regulators and screw terminals, and than made a fat cable from the supply to this board, so i can use many different voltages of it. - i have the 5v version of the supply, but mostly use 3.3v (-except for some parts that needs 5v or more)

i suggest getting at least the 5v version and step it down.

a pc power supply has 3.3,5 and 12v - but its also way bigger and iam sure has more loss

edit: all across the house is bad with low voltage and higher current. it generates loss and heat.

thats why we use 220v here in the houses, to not burn the cables.. like a 500watt device is fine with 220v, but with 5v or so the cables would melt (or be way way bigger :D )

#51835 How fast can the shield base go?

Posted by NooM on 01 August 2013 - 01:22 AM in Netduino Go

not very fast. but you can use pwm, wich can be faster than arduino

#51831 Broken Digital IO?

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 10:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Where is the cpu pin 13 then?

check the uC's datasheet.

and than compare it with the netduino shematics.

i guess its not broken out, but youll never know.

(these uC's can have some 100 of pins, and the little netduino only has a few broken out)

#51829 No Connection possible at all

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 08:50 PM in Netduino Mini

i just wanted to add: did you erase it with 3.3v ? erasing with 5v may damage the uC.. maybe not the first time, but if you do it a 100 times ...

#51828 Broken Digital IO?

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 08:48 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin13 is the problem. thats the reference to the hardware pins, like pin13 on the uC itself.

use Pins.yourpin and it will work (like you did for the onboard_led)

#51827 Debugging Target not in an initialized state: rebooting...

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 08:46 PM in Visual Basic Support

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino is for all gen2 boards, the other for the gen1.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]they changed the naming for the gen2 boards so its in line, all have the same namespace there (normal and plus - and the ones that will follow sometime too)[/font]

#51825 No Connection possible at all

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 08:43 PM in Netduino Mini

your wireing seems strange.

you have to use pin 1, 2 and 3

you are using 2,3 and gnd.

(yes ok you have to connect both gnd's together if you use a external power supply)

you flash the tinybooter via samba over the rs232 port (pin 1,2 and 3) with 12v.

depending on wich booter you flash you can than flash the netmf with either 12v rs 232 or 3.3v uart (pin 11 and 12)

#51779 Creating a "Shield" - advice?

Posted by NooM on 30 July 2013 - 01:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i like diptrace a lot. it has tons of components, you can try it out for 30 days free, and if you like, the cost is cheap.

it also has a 3d rengering thingy, so you can kinda look what your pcb's might look when finished (thou not all stuff has 3d modules aviable, so its just empty.) its also at least as easy than fritzing, but way easier to route (by hand) and more precize)

iam about to order 10 pcb's from itead. its incredible cheap.

(i turned component render off ...)

https://www.dropbox...._b_3d_front.png

https://www.dropbox....p_b_3d_back.png

#51707 Where is the SerialPort?

Posted by NooM on 26 July 2013 - 11:34 AM in General Discussion

hmpf...

https://www.dropbox..../serialport.png

#51690 Newbie on shif register using 74HC595N

Posted by NooM on 25 July 2013 - 06:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

real spi ports are million* times faster. - they do that in hardware what you do in software, and that a lot faster than you can

set the pins in software.

the 595 is a quasi spi device, so its made for that.

also, what you do seems way more complicated than what i explained (with my spi and 595 class)

best to forget about your doubts (where did they came from?) and just trust me. :D

#51662 Make instance of module static

Posted by NooM on 24 July 2013 - 05:28 PM in Netduino Go

while (true){    Debug.Print("done");}

wow that looks mean :D

add s leep 1 at least :D

#51659 Newbie on shif register using 74HC595N

Posted by NooM on 24 July 2013 - 11:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

there are some things not so correct.

first: the 595 can only supply around 90ma total, so max 3 pins can reach the 35ma.

since you use 8 it gets split over all (like 10ma per pin) - its not healthy for the ic todo that.

than: you open and dispose the output ports, dont do that. let them open the whole time.

also, whats your main loop doing? if it ends it may give odd results.

and why are you bitbanging spi? (and in a even strange way ...)

use hardware spi, its way faster. and dynamic :D

connect it like that:

https://netmftoolbox...pported devices

in the link in my sig is a good multispi class, and ill add my 74hc595 drivers.

use it like: IC74HC595 hc = IC74HC595(latch, SPIModule-1-or-whatever-you-wanna-use);

hc.WriteData(0xFF); // turn all leds on

hc.WriteData(0x00); // turn all leds off

edit: btw, that circ-05 used 350ohm resistors, on the cathode side (negative) and the leds are connected with anode (positive) to the 595's - thats the way id do it also, ou should also do it like that, not 2 resistors and get the correct value.

Attached Files

#51645 HowTo address the PCF8574

Posted by NooM on 23 July 2013 - 11:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hanzibal: hehe your driver looks like mine :D

but i have a suggestion: when you handly the interrupt like you do you get an odd number. filter it before

to get wich pin actually changed

Attached Files

#51627 HowTo address the PCF8574

Posted by NooM on 22 July 2013 - 10:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

iam no teacher.

and there is so much info about this iC, i googled "pcf8574 netduino" and there are tons of helpfull samples/tutorials (the first is good, the second and 4th :D )

your adressing is correct.

its a very good and common iC for input (for output id use a 74hc595, cos its much much faster..)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.