Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Board Support Package?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Emilio x64

Emilio x64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

I am planning to use the Netduino Plus 2 (don't know if it is an overkill yet, have to see my memory requirements). I was wondering if there is some Netduino BSP (Board Support Package) that contains the definitions that map Netduino-specific stuff to NETMF ? 

For example, I read that in an SDK I should map my own pin definitions (board specific) to the NETMF Cpu.Pin.GPIO_* enumeration. Is there such a thing for Netduino?

Also, how do I go about specifying GPIO 16 ??? if that is possible.

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

thats allready included in  the netduino sdk, wich you need/want.

like the pins on netduino are marked like d8 and so on, and you use Pins.gpio_d8 to access it.

(not CPU.Pin. ... secretlabs allready mapped the pins right.. in the Pins. struct :D)

#3 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

If i understand correctly then you are basically talking about the secret labs SDK.  The SecretLabs namespace contaisn things like enums for pin mapping and routines to access the SD card etc.

You can download the source for the SDK from the downloads page.

Nak.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hi degt, If you want to use GPIO pin "16" on your custom board then you'd use "(Cpu.Pin)16". Please note that that would probably be pin PB0 on a microcontroller with only 16 pins per port. The source is over on the Downloads page if you'd like to dig in. Chris

#5 Emilio x64

Emilio x64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

In addition to the NETMF 4.3 SDK I also installed the Netduino SDK. Isn't there some "using netduino;" kind of using directive that can/should be used to have access to Netduino-specific things?

In my custom emulator how do I set the available RAM/ROM and perhaps speed of the Netduino's core processor? I ask because there must be a way (I think) that the development environment warns me if my code or data segments are too large for the hardware I am targetting.

#6 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hi Degt

I would dig into the .chm files in the porting kit it has a lot of info on that sort of thing, (http://netmf.codeplex.com)

As for the namespaces its SecretLabs.NETMF.* for the all the relevant support classes.  I would also grab a copy of the Netduino SDK source from the downloads page.

Nak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.