NooM's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49363 XmlReader exception

Posted by NooM on 12 May 2013 - 03:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

System.NotSupportedException

means that netmf and / or netduino doesent support this feature.

edit: fixed :D

btw: keep in mind uC's have little ram and flash, so they cant support everything.

#49514 Will a battery and 32.768 crystal keep the SystemTime updated?

Posted by NooM on 17 May 2013 - 05:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

another solution would be just adding an external rtc ic. well, that adds some extra costs (wich doesent matter for low run stuff, only when you really gonna make a lot and maybe sell them)

the benefit would be: the newer and better ones have a temerature compensated crystal inside.

so they only need a battery connected. aviable in both spi and i2c

they would also add some battery backed sram as storage space (some bytes, not that much, but also not really bad)

#49511 Will a battery and 32.768 crystal keep the SystemTime updated?

Posted by NooM on 17 May 2013 - 04:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

yeah id test it.

iam not sure if that will work without firmware modifications.

edit: id also make sure before if the pins not used otherwise, and all is correct (capacitors, vbat not connected anywhere else...)

or it will burn :D

#52185 Which USB to Serial converter should I use with Netduino

Posted by NooM on 15 August 2013 - 04:51 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i have the chepo cp2102, they al worked well for me (i have 7 or so)

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a731c735c

btw: for programming the mini on rs232 port i use the cp2102 and an max232 to shift the levels to 12v.

works fine, programming and reflashing

#51707 Where is the SerialPort?

Posted by NooM on 26 July 2013 - 11:34 AM in General Discussion

hmpf...

https://www.dropbox..../serialport.png

#45609 Where do you buy your stuff`// Do you know cheap ebay sellers?

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 06:59 AM in General Discussion

my favourite

and mouser.com i also like to buy, like 800 transistors was only 15€

- and it has free express shipping when you buy enough

#45955 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 10:09 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

joopc: no iam not kidding. i offered a solution (or workaround or whatever you want to call it)

gebrander: your 1.) i dont even try to answer, whatever man ...

2.) yes a workaround, cos it will take time to fix the real issue (wich has todo with the dhcp i assume)

if your lucky it will be fixed with the .netmf 4.3 version (new lwip version) -

if that isent the case, it will take a long time to get this fix, so what todo?

cry? or try to "fix" or workaround it yourself?

you can also do something usefull and support .netmf / lwip with better code

keep in mind that sl is not a billion dollar company with hundreds of developers, and there is many stuff that needs fixes/attention

also - if you change too much on the core, it gives troubles on the further netmf updates.

#45946 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 09:13 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

first: the socket code/drivers is from an external nsource, lwip i think, so its not microsoft based :(

than: i had the same problem with my arduino, also cosm.

i fixed it that way:

i just restart the device every 10 minutes -.-  (with software, later iam gonna add an attiny85 as external "watchdog" todo that)

since than i had no more problems.

#45962 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 11:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

-.- i never said that i dont want it all fixed or something like that. i like working stuff :P

but the stupid answers about me kidding and that tv stuff indeed make me angry, i mean, i tried to offer

some help and my experience. iam in no way affiliated with sl or some company.

//edit: if id know a better solution (for now) id tell it.

#51065 Wake on LAN server

Posted by NooM on 04 July 2013 - 01:34 AM in General Discussion

wouldnt it be more straight forward to make your desktop wake on lan ?

anyway: you need to setup your router to allow public access, port forwarding this is.

a good idea would than be get a dns from dyndns or something, many routers (mine at least)

support auto update. so you than have yourdomain.dyndns.com or so, so you dont need to know your actual ip

wich might change on every router restart (or all 24h hours)

#46221 VS2012 NetduinoPlus 4.2 firmware

Posted by NooM on 25 February 2013 - 01:57 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it doesent warn you cos float is a lot of numbers, in fact 10(.0) is a float too.

in anohter thread chris mentioned to call pwm.Start();  -- so i think thats the problem here

#46219 VS2012 NetduinoPlus 4.2 firmware

Posted by NooM on 25 February 2013 - 12:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you nearly got it :)

its: //PWM backlightPwm0 = new PWM(PWMChannels.PWM_PIN_D3, 1000, 0.6f, false);

you cant use too low frequenzy (iam not sure whats the smallest value is you can use, theres a thread about it, gutworks explained it there)

first value is the pin, second is the freuqenzy in hz, thrid is the duty cycle in percent, 4th is the inverting setting (like 0.1f duty gets to 0.9f than -

thats just that you can use the same code for different external circiuts, cos it makes a difference wich transistor and such you choose, npn, pnp)

#46125 VS2012 NetduinoPlus 4.2 firmware

Posted by NooM on 23 February 2013 - 10:34 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you set the output to netmf 4.2 in properties?

#55653 Using the TLC5940 on .NETMF 4.2

Posted by NooM on 26 January 2014 - 08:00 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

well, the tlc5940 is a bit a pain with netmf. it needs timing, wich would be nice in native with a timer (thats what i do on arduino)

- its just a mix of a shift register and a counter

theres different tlc59xx versions wich dont need a gs clock and a blank signal. they work great for led stuff, but not for led matrixes (flickering cos you cant control the blank line - timing issues)

btw: in the second links theres a link to nevyn's blog, with some code. that should work "ok" (i still see a timing issue with an external counter like that - you normally sent the new data directly after you blanked the chip)

#48517 Using Arduino Mega as I/O expander

Posted by NooM on 18 April 2013 - 01:20 PM in General Discussion

that was a sample, and it works for serial, spi, and ic2.

i myself use serialport.

#48465 Using Arduino Mega as I/O expander

Posted by NooM on 17 April 2013 - 10:20 AM in General Discussion

yes you can do that. spi, i2c and serial are possible ways todo so.

yes i allready connected netduino with arduino, i used the arduino as "graphiccard" -

and in anohter test as webserver. io is also possible, i used serial for communications, but spi

would be way fast.

#48469 Using Arduino Mega as I/O expander

Posted by NooM on 17 April 2013 - 11:22 AM in General Discussion

well, fist you have to get familiar with some arduino libs, like hardwasre serial and the pin functions (if you wanna more, than more ^^)

its very very simple: you open a serial connection on both, ar- and net- duino.

from the netduino you send like: byte1(identifier - like this byte means pin on off swichting) byte2(wich pin) byte3(value on/off / 0/1)

so you send like 0x07 0x01 0x00

on the arduino side you read the serial data, and process it. if(firstbyteReceieved == 0x07) { (look_at_second_byte) { turn_on_or_of_depending_on_thrid_byte } }

:D

#52137 Using a 7 segment display without a shift register

Posted by NooM on 14 August 2013 - 08:29 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you totally wanna use a shift register.

its a waste of pins to use it without.

and you should not connect it directly to your netduino pins, its 7-8 leds, if all are on they may damage the common anode/cathode pin.

so use transistors for max brightness, or at least a big enuff resistor

i used that code to test a 4 digit one: http://pastebin.com/rMJRSHqn

btw: using pins directly is way more complicated than a 74hc595 where you can send bytes directly,

it shortens the code by a big ammount (sorry, cant find a sample code for that)

#52148 Using a 7 segment display without a shift register

Posted by NooM on 14 August 2013 - 02:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Using SPI to control a single shiftreg, wouldn't that require a pretty tight loop for multiplexing a 2-digit 7-segment display?

well, i even multiplexed 8x8 ledmatrixes with 74hc595, works great.

even rgb ledmatrix.

see link in my signature, i even posted the code there :D

#45296 Using 6 Degrees of Freedom on Netduino Plus

Posted by NooM on 11 February 2013 - 10:22 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

from what devie on it you read your values?

the gyroscope only tell you the degrees per seconds that its currently turned. so when no movement = no value

the accelerometer tells you its current oriantation (so when reading this you know its angles) and maybe more (i only used it for that: http://www.werkzeugz...017000266_1.jpg - just in digital form)

#45905 UsbController.GetControllers();

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 03:03 PM in General Discussion

i dont think you can use netduino as usb host, at least there is no easy way.

the usb port is used for deployment, so you have to change this first to an serial port.

than iam not sure if the firmware implements usb-host support, and from there it gets really messy :(

//edit: a usb-host shield could be a good solution.

#51577 USB To Serial Question

Posted by NooM on 19 July 2013 - 05:34 PM in Netduino Mini

i also wouldnt buy the pl2303.

the cp2102 are very good ones, i use them myself a lot.

the cheap ebay modules are missing the pins for flow control and such, but since i dont use it, i dont care :D

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a731c735c

500000 bitrate works very well on them, 1million i couldnt get to work (iam not sure if it was the adapter or my uC that made the problem)

(thats nearly 5 times faster than 115200!)

i have 5 or so of them, all are working fine.

btw: my ftdi breakout also works fine, but for the price, idk, i wouldnt buy one again.

edit: they are able to supply 5v and 3.3v at the same time.

#47965 Unable to reset Netduino

Posted by NooM on 03 April 2013 - 09:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

plus2 doeset need/want sam-ba to reflash firmware (thats what sam-ba is for, on the gen1 boards)

the contact i think is just for orientation for the pick and place machine for the parts :D

you have to read the (sticky on top) n+2 thread on how to update/reflash the firmware.

#52217 Ulrimate Netduino Shield

Posted by NooM on 18 August 2013 - 10:19 AM in Project Showcase

actually its quite nice!

a little big, but thats becouse of the proto space wich is ok.

honestly i didnt even expect that you ever get a working version when i read the title. "Ulrimate" :D

maybe chris or so can fix this (?! i guess you mean ulTimate?!)

anyway, good job!

whats the price of one ?

#46054 Tutorial: Netduino + WP8 real-life maze game

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 10:54 AM in Project Showcase

haha, now thats really cool thing. like

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.