Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Eric Burdo's Content

There have been 130 items by Eric Burdo (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3233 Works in Droid docking station

Posted by Eric Burdo on 30 September 2010 - 01:47 AM in General Discussion

NetDroidO? :) That's kinda cool. Be a neat form-factor for a project.

#5245 Will nduino help me learn electronics?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 November 2010 - 01:40 PM in General Discussion

Also, pick up a copy of Make: Electronics (great book). And then follow along this blog (it does all the experiments in the book). http://handsonelectr...s.blogspot.com/

#10035 Wild idea for a group project

Posted by Eric Burdo on 23 February 2011 - 12:00 PM in General Discussion

As a first step to get going how about a traditional server that Netduinos could start checking into? I thought the idea of a Google map overlay showing where all the Netduinos are was brilliant!

Once we have that working,we could then try using a Netduino as a server. Sort of crawl before you walk before you run....

I like that idea... something that would do a mashup of Google or Bing maps... and your Netduino.

#5637 Where to start - radio controller to Netduino communication

Posted by Eric Burdo on 02 December 2010 - 01:48 PM in General Discussion

NICE CATCH! :lol: Like really, how did you get those for $10? they look awesome :o
Anyways have you looked at this? - http://content.vexro...ol-06272008.pdf

Also this guy that I learned Charlieplexing from... he did a video on RF links, not exactly the same but you might find some useful info...

The local Radio Shack (3 of them within driving distance) were closing... so I got all sorts of things on clearance.

You used to be able to buy the controllers via eBay for cheap too... but, I just checked and didn't see any. However, you might be able to find either a full VEX kit on eBay... or maybe buy the controllers elsewhere.

Thanks for that YT clip. I'll check it out. Maybe I can work on this after I get a few other things (aka, a job) settled. :)

#5620 Where to start - radio controller to Netduino communication

Posted by Eric Burdo on 02 December 2010 - 02:32 AM in General Discussion

I have a couple of these (bought them for like.. $10 each, brand new).

Posted Image

http://www.vexroboti...m/276-2153.html

I'd like to interface that with my Netduino...

Any suggestions on where to begin?

#1844 Where to buy?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 06 September 2010 - 12:53 PM in General Discussion

Hi,

I'm trying to buy at leaste one Netduino from Germany. Is it currently out of stock?

Regards,
Michael

Hi... I live in the US, so I bought mine from MakerShed... but, I stumbled across this site while looking.

http://www.coolcompo...products_id=559

It's UK based, and seems to have a fair price.

#3366 where to buy the NDplus ?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 01 October 2010 - 04:15 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ok ,thanks :(

To my knowledge... they are all sold out. They went pretty quick.

You could either wait (not sure of the release date) or... buy a Netduino, and get a plus later on?

#3372 where to buy the NDplus ?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 01 October 2010 - 05:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Lots of Netduino Pluses will end up in stockings or will otherwise be given as gifts this December...I can't imagine what kinds of cool things people will be building over the holidays!

Chris

Oooh... stocking stuffers... I know a few folks who would like one... and maybe another 2 for me... :D

#2469 What is need to get started with Netduino?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 19 September 2010 - 11:22 AM in General Discussion

a 10K potentiometer (you may have to buy a soldering iron for this one because I've never seen a breadboard pluggable potentiometer)

I have one... came in this kit here from HiTechnic: http://www.hitechnic...ion&key=NPA1058

That kit is designed to give you solderless breadboard capabilities on the LEGO NXT. Has a nice collection of projects, and I'm replicating them on the Netduino.

#2920 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 26 September 2010 - 11:53 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

All sold out now.

Wow...

But... still no US vendor. :(

#3015 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 01:46 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

@Chris - you mentioned in your other post that the Plus's sold out over the weekend... will MakerShed be selling any on their website? Or are folks who didn't attend the MakerFaire out of luck on buying one in the US?

#3042 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 06:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You guys should have emailed the forum members on these first. We are the most active on the project and have the most to contribute.

I almost made the trip to NY Maker Faire. It was still an 8 hour drive for me.

About the same for me... but I had plans already, and couldn't get away.

I'm still trying to hunt down a Netduino Plus w/out paying a fortune in shipping...

#2770 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 03:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Still nothing on Makershed... :(

#3052 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 07:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi ThreadAbort,

I posted a message on Wednesday to try to give 48 hours notice to the community members (so they could get first priority). We didn't want people to feel like we were spamming them by sending them an e-mail--but perhaps we should create an opt-in list for these sorts of things?

Last Wednesday's post

Thank you for your contributions and your enthusiasm. Did you give Proto-Advantage a call to see if there were any extras in their allocation batch?

Chris

Proto Advantage has them "on backorder" and have 12 available starting tomorrow (I ordered one). Hopefully nobody beats me to it... :P

I tried contacting MakerShed, but got no response yet... so went with Proto.

#3018 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 01:57 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

There might be. There was a delivery delay on Proto-Advantage's Netduino Pluses and I think they cautiously listed a few fewer Netduino Pluses for sale than they were allocated. They ship to both Canada and the United States. I would write them and ask if they have any left. If they do, it'll just be a few--but that's your best bet.

I think MakerSHED pretty much sold all of theirs at MakerFaire NY over the weekend.

Chris

:( (I wish there was a crying icon). I would have bought from Proto if I'd known Maker was going to sell them on their site. The Plus would have been perfect for the presentation I'm doing end of October.

I'll call Proto and see if they happen to have any left in stock... Maybe I can scrounge on up that way.

#2784 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 06:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm a complete .Net guy and I'd love to dedicate my free time to contribute to this, but given that it's $90 just to have it shipped from down under I'll have to keep on using the Arduino already in my hands.

Beta or not, any ETA on having more available in the US?

Thanks.

For the plus? I haven't even seen one available yet in the US. Hopefully the add them soon!

#3048 Wait...what's this?

Posted by Eric Burdo on 27 September 2010 - 07:01 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try Proto-Advantage in canada (is nearer to you :D ) they said will ship starting 28 (tomorrow). It is marked in stock :)

Good luck! ;)

Yup... just placed an order. MakerShed never replied back to me... so Proto-Advantage it is!

#2116 User Rights Needed ??

Posted by Eric Burdo on 11 September 2010 - 04:14 AM in General Discussion

thanks - I doubt there was a USB drive attached when it was installed but i will check next week..Do you happen to know where most/all of the application is installed at in a default install ?? (ie program files ...)

Could also be that the Netduino installer goes into a folder that the regular user account can't see... But I don't know where.. :(

#2107 User Rights Needed ??

Posted by Eric Burdo on 10 September 2010 - 08:39 PM in General Discussion

Running Windows XP (SP3).. We have a student that needs to use the program.. His account is a standard User account.. The teacher has a administrator account on the machine>> It runs fine with her account but not his... My Question is what folders/rights need to be changed for the "standard" user account in XP.. Below is her email to me.. Thanks in advance
Doug

We downloaded and installed the Netduino Development requirements (http://netduino.com/downloads/) for Omar's AT project.
When you open Visual C# 2010 click on new project and select the .NET Micro Framework it should have "Netduino Application" as an option on the right. When logged into my teacher account it works but when he tries it on his account it doesn't show that option. Is there anyway to get around this?

I don't have a solution... but I do have a similar problem.

For whatever reason, when I installed the Netduino bits... they installed the templates and such to my USB drive.

So... if I have my USB drive connected, I can do the Netduino Application projects... if I don't, the Netduino stuff doesn't show up.

You might be able to find where the Netduino template installed, and either give the student rights to that, or move it so he can see it?

#3527 Unary Simon

Posted by Eric Burdo on 05 October 2010 - 12:52 PM in Project Showcase

Corey... That's pretty neat. I'm going to have to load that up for the kids to play with a bit... and learn about some of the events more. :)

#6053 TRON Identity Disc by Harford Hackerspace

Posted by Eric Burdo on 13 December 2010 - 10:30 PM in Project Showcase

Oooh... now I wonder if I can find one of those toys on eBay! :)

#3190 Transfer data in usb

Posted by Eric Burdo on 29 September 2010 - 12:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, This thread here might help: http://forums.netdui...er-interfacing/ Basically, the only USB communication right now, is via the Debug.Print command from your code... so no, not really. You currently can't talk back and forth with the Netduino and USB.

#3234 Suggestion: Blink on-board LED to during deploy

Posted by Eric Burdo on 30 September 2010 - 01:49 AM in General Discussion

I have a tiny bit of code I throw into each project I do. It just flashes the LED a couple times when the program starts. Kinda gives me a half-second "hey you" so I know the app is starting. But the flashing lid to signify activity... that would be kinda neat.

#2638 Stay close to your computer (or come to MakerFaire)...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 23 September 2010 - 01:38 AM in General Discussion

I must have missed my tracking #. Could you resend it? ;-)

Me too! :blink:

I think I'll hold off just a bit before buying my 2nd Netduino too. I'm supposed to give a talk in October for our local .NET user group... I wanted 2 Netduinos (easier to showcase different projects that way)...

#2781 Stay close to your computer (or come to MakerFaire)...

Posted by Eric Burdo on 24 September 2010 - 05:45 PM in General Discussion

Still not yet available with Makershed... :( I want to know how much... I'm doing a talk to the local .NET user group in October... and I need a 2nd Netduino... I'd like to get one of these new ones, to show them both off.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.