Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nakchak's Content

There have been 164 items by nakchak (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34489 Application Development on the STM8S

Posted by nakchak on 31 August 2012 - 12:10 PM in Netduino Go

Nice work, i have been following the posts as they come online with interest, keep up the good work :) Dunno if it would be worth while linking to each article as well as the index page on your post above, despite knowing the titles weren't links i wanted to click them anyway ;) Nak.

#52100 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by nakchak on 12 August 2013 - 09:09 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Is the Netduino2 Source code for the 4.3 version available somewhere?  I need to compile a firmware with the EnableGCMessages turned on.  

Would love to get my hands on the source for 4.3 as well, also the source for 4.2.2.2 would be great, the one on the downloads page according to the *.settings file is 4.2.2.1.

Nak.

#34099 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 01:03 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Supra

TX from the GO goes to RX on the on the module and vice versa, admittedly its confusing but if you look at the go schematic you will see pin 4 is TX on the go, so pin 4 on the module would be RX.

i.e. the transmission (tx) from the go on pin 4 is received (rx) on pin 4 of the module, whilst the module transmits on pin 5 and is received by the go on pin 5.

You find the TX to RX naming/wiring convention being used in lots of 2 wire/channel transmission protocols, such as RS232, MIDI, DMX (i think) etc. etc.

It can also help to think of TX = out and RX = in, and that you need to go out to come in

Hope that helps

Nak.

#52099 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by nakchak on 12 August 2013 - 09:06 AM in General Discussion

I suppose the current 4.3 fits well in the Netduino Plus 2, right? Is that the lowest platform the 4.3 NETMF fits?

Correct

See the 4.3 Beta 1 thread in the Firmware sub forum http://forums.netdui...re-v430-beta-1/

Nak.

#34795 Design your own netduino/Arduino Shield

Posted by nakchak on 07 September 2012 - 08:35 AM in General Discussion

Nice review, it may be of interest but DIPTrace has been reviewed on http://www.eevblog.com as well, quite a nice long video review/overview

I do like its feature set and if i was to stop being cheap and actually pay for a EDA CAD package it would probably be diptrace.

However currently all my work is done in design spark which i cannot fault, even if its 3d renders are more limiting that dip trace's the gerber files produced are flawless and have used it for production runs on 3 projects now (even had contracting company we use for psu design wonder if they could ditch altium and use design spark). At the end of the day low cost EDA Tools shouldnt be trying to imitate eagle as frankly i find the software so frustrating to use its almost easier to go back to marker pens and acetate :)

Nak.

#34323 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by nakchak on 28 August 2012 - 01:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Gomore These are really good and under $200 http://www.saleae.com/logic/ I have one of these http://www.ikalogic....s/scanalogic-2/ and find it to be invaluable and it was pretty cheap as well < $60 As for the CS line are you using the SPI object or still trying to bit bang the interface? Bitbanging will probably be to slow but if you take the command and control logic out of the arduino code and use it in C# with the spi objects it "should" just work... Nak.

#35184 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 14 September 2012 - 04:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I agree... I have had a hard time finding 2gig cards. I am sure I can probably find them online, but if I want to produce my ND+ based product and sell it without the SD and allow the customer to buy their own SD Card, it needs to support larger than 2gig. It really is embarrassing for the ND+ to not support anything larger. My video camera, trap camera, voice recorders and many other tools I use for Paranormal Investigation all support large cards (I even have 32gb in some).

How hard is it to get this problem resolved once an for all. This has been one of my holdups on continuing with my project as I might need to reconsider the use of the ND+ in my product and go with another type of board simply for the SD support.

I believe the crux of the problem is to do with licensing, high capacity SD cards requires a patent to be licensed, which would then cause problems for the open source aspect of the ND. Even if the appropriate licenses were obtained then the firmware couldn't be open sourced, and the cost of the license would also be passed on to all purchasers of an ND. Which IMHO wouldn't be worth while due to the loss of aspects of open source, and the easy availability of 2gb micro sd cards, Amazon carry hundreds, as do most large component suppliers, also i suspect the licensing costs and thus the rise in price of an ND would be considerably more than the cost of a 2gb micro sd with shipping included.

Nak.

#35413 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 17 September 2012 - 12:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Look what I stumbled across and thought of you lot. Just pretend to be interested in Fluke Thermal Imaging and they'll send you a 2GB card full of info about it. ;) It might be EU only judging by the URL.
http://eupromo.fluke...uken&product=sd

Nice find, now waiting for my fluke branded micro to SD adaptor to arrive (the 2gb card will be useful as well, just a sucker for branded generic adaptors)... ;)

#34003 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 21 August 2012 - 12:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Revised: It worked if I moved to another USB port (??!?!).

After SAM-BA has detected the USB driver and I've selected at91sam7x512-ek and then click "Connect", SAM-BA pops up "Error in startup script" "Error h_handle returned zero" etc.

I'm using Windows 7 64, .NET 4.2 and SDK 4.2.

Any idea what could cause this to happen?

Cheers,
Anders

Hi Anders

Are you using SAM-BA 2.12 fixes some issues with x64 os's...
Also are you using the driver in "drv" folder where you installed sam-ba too or the generic GPS camera driver that windows update discovers, try uninstalling the driver in device manager and manually installing the Atmel driver?
Finally have you erased your ND (3.3v to the gold erase pad) before you try and connect with sam-ba?

Nak.

#50029 HttpWebRequest GetResponse Error

Posted by nakchak on 27 May 2013 - 05:28 PM in General Discussion

Try removing the HTTP:// part of ur URL, simplesocket does a dns lookup to get the uri's ip address, the HTTP:// part of a URL is used to define protocol, as U are using the HTTP client the HTTP part of the URI is implicit Hope that helps Nak.

#50034 HttpWebRequest GetResponse Error

Posted by nakchak on 27 May 2013 - 07:33 PM in General Discussion

No worries it catches me out all the time, so used to the httpclient object in .net 4.5 I keep putting HTTP I front of URLs, should probably write a netmf implementation which behaves the same.

#34803 Introducing GoBus 1.5

Posted by nakchak on 07 September 2012 - 10:37 AM in Netduino Go

The first post has been updated, Wouldn't be very helpful to post multiple copies of a work in progress, just update the authoritative source at the top, then people can reliably get the most up to date copy Nak.

#34732 Introducing GoBus 1.5

Posted by nakchak on 06 September 2012 - 10:26 AM in Netduino Go

@ChrisU said , With Shield Base, we also introduced the GoBus Virtual I/O concept. With GoBus 1.5, we're performance-optimizing that same Virtual I/O and bringing it to all GoBus modules.Posted Image

So i ordered last tuesday. My item will be arriving todayPosted Image. Do i have to get new shield base v1 .5?Posted Image

Btw, I was reading gobus protocol specification. ThankPosted Image

Hi Supra

Its a software change not a hardware change.

Nak.

#34700 Introducing GoBus 1.5

Posted by nakchak on 05 September 2012 - 10:28 PM in Netduino Go

Awesome stuff Chris! :)

Cant wait to get stuck into building some modules!

Keep up the good work.

update
Initial comments on the beta documentation are as follows:
  • Should have a table on contents
  • Possibly worth putting a "Beta" watermark on all pages, save hassle of someone printing a copy then discovering that the docs were out of date?
  • Page numbers (especially helpful for people posting feedback to be able to refer to the exact page...)
  • Some message exchange diagrams would be invaluable to help people get their heads around correct sequence of operations/application.
Hopefully these comments wont be taken negatively, just some thoughts for improvement :)

Nak.

(ps. now feels honoured that he has a frame type named after himself :P ;) )

#34735 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 06 September 2012 - 10:42 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

No way. I have done everything that nakchack told, but nothing. A detail that I see after upgrading the Netduino is that when I power up, the blue Led lights on only a very short time(much more shorter than when it use to have 4.2.0.RC3). And then, when I deploy my program to it, the blue led doesn´t light on at any time...........

Could be a clue of what is happening?????

Hi Gomore

So no dice when trying to deploy a new project?

Have you tried reflashing the firmware?
Also could you post a screen shot of your installed Netmf SDK and Netduino SDK in Control Panel -> Programs and Features ?

Nak.

#34672 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 05 September 2012 - 08:31 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Chris!

I´ve got a big problem. I changed the firmwares of 2 of my Netduino, and I installed the 4.2 .Net Micro Framework(previously desinstalling the 4.2.0 RC3) and none of them work!! I deploy my program but the visual studio says: "The debugging target is not in an initialized state;rebooting........." But they get frozen at this moment and I don´t have any kind of rsponse....

Could you help me please, thank you.

Hi Gomore11

Here are a few things to try:

• Have you uninstalled all previous SDK's (both the secrent labs netduino SDK and the previous .net microframework SDK's) and installed the latest (QFE2) versions ?
  • Have you set the target framework to 4.2 in your project properties?
  • In visual studio try changing the target framework to 4.1, closing the project properties, then opening them back up and changing the target framework back to 4.2.
Nak.

#34727 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 06 September 2012 - 09:21 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Stefan.

I know the procedure but, this is not the problem, my program is configured in .NET MF 4.2, this is what is confusing me.

I have found that changing the target to 4.1 (or below) saving and closing the properties, then changing the target back to 4.2 has fixed that issue for me in the past.
I suspect that it forces a regeneration of the relevant sections in the *.csproj file so that correct references are loaded etc.

You can determine if the issue is with your project file by creating a new project targeting 4.2 and deploying blinky or something equally trivial, if it works then its your project file is at fault and the procedure above should fix it, if not then it would probably be the SDK's, so a full uninstall and reinstall should tidy everything up.

Nak.

#34793 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 07 September 2012 - 08:20 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hmmmm, any chance you can could post the csproj file for this project, it sounds like the references are going haywire somehow... Also does deploying a simple app like blinky now work from a fresh project? Nak.

#35000 An early look at the RS-232 GoModule specs...

Posted by nakchak on 11 September 2012 - 08:40 AM in Netduino Go

Honestly, I'm really happy about this. One of the industries I work in uses serial ports extensively to communicate between equipment. I've always just considered fuller-fledged computers for any of these applications but could now see doing some of the more basic work with Netduino. Now if there was just a USB port with HID drivers for USB barcode scanners(USB scanners go for under $40, serial over $80) I'd be even more set.

Agreed you be great if i could use usb barcode scanners and rfid modules (my main focus at work is cashless payment systems for vending and restaurants) without having to use the serial versions...

Also a bit mask setting would be great so i could strip out unneeded bytes from RFID readers, i.e. strip a sitecode from a mifare classic and just return the serial number by ignoring the first n bytes or similar...

Nak.

#50098 Looking for a few ninja code contributors...

Posted by nakchak on 30 May 2013 - 07:50 AM in General Discussion

Hey guys, bit late to the party but I am keen to get involved. I can see uses for GUI, cli and msbuild tasks.. Ultimatley as long as the core assembly has a well documented API the creation of of the cli and msbild tasks is a stubbing excercise. I would be very keen to see ways/develop easier ways to get nd's integrated into CI (continuous integration) systems. Another thing that would be awesome to make happen would be parallel deployments I.e. Flashing a usb hub full of nd's for production purposes. Nak.

#34072 Seven Segment Display Module

Posted by nakchak on 22 August 2012 - 11:30 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Matt In the past i have always used an led to indicate overflow, but i guess thats not an option with the current display design, that said could you illuminate one of the decimal points to indicate overflow? Nak.

#34098 More GoBus news: DIP chips for STM8S modules

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 12:16 PM in Netduino Go

Sweet will have to get myself a few of those :D Nak.

#34136 More GoBus news: DIP chips for STM8S modules

Posted by nakchak on 24 August 2012 - 07:28 AM in Netduino Go

Will we be ordering the STM8S105K4B6 5-packs direct from Secret Labs, or through the regular distributors?

Also: Do you have any plans to do something similar for a through-hole version of the 10 pin 1.27mm IDC sockets (http://au.mouser.com...kTNcJ8wnslDRg==)? Mouser has them but you have to buy 990 at once :-)

Depends how many you wanted, but i managed to get a few as free samples from samtec, so icould prototype some modules. You need to use the part builder on the site to build this code SHF-105-01-L-D-TH

Nak.

#34195 More GoBus news: through-hole GoPort IDC Headers

Posted by nakchak on 25 August 2012 - 11:03 AM in Netduino Go

What's type of GO! Sockets?Posted Image

It is called SUX socket?Posted Image

Technically speaking a Go (or Gadgeteer) socket is just a 0.05" (1.27mm) pitch header i.e. a grid of pins with 0.05" between centers, nothing special, just pretty damn hard (impossible) to find in small quantities at a reasonable price, other than as engineering samples which is not a viable option if you need more than 10 of them.

Nak.

#34488 More GoBus news: through-hole GoPort IDC Headers

Posted by nakchak on 31 August 2012 - 12:05 PM in Netduino Go

Thank. It is S-U-X socket?Posted Image

As stated on the previous page a S-U-X socket (plus a few more letters if im being pedantic, as gadgeteer has more than S,U & X type sockets) as you insist on calling it, is nothing more than a generic 0.05" pitch IDC shrouded header. Outside of the gadgeteer (and by association the wider netmf community) *nobody* would have a clue what you are on about. For further proof i offer you this google search the only reference to a S-U-X socket is one of the last results and is one of your previous posts on this thread!, you are of course free to keep calling it that if you will, but most people wont have a clue what you are on about. As Stefan stated this sort of socket is used for many hundreds if not thousands of applications with a tiny percentage of their use being on GO and Gadgeteer boards.

The main issue with them for hobbyists is that they are very difficult to source in small quantities at a reasonable price from the major worldwide component distributors (i am not including hobbyist sites as unless they operate out of your country of residence the shipping costs can be excessive) carry them in small quantities usually you have to buy in multiples of 100 at ~$2 a piece (Farnell and RS dont stock them as far as i know, or are very expensive i.e. > $2 a piece which is nuts when the MCU on your module costs less than the socket!!!, Mouser and Digikey do i believe).

Nak.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.