This includes full support for Visual Studio 2012, both Express and Pro. The new SDK is backwards compatible with all Netduinos--including boards running older firmware.
Visual Studio 2012 support
NOTE: VS2012 requires Windows 7 or newer.
- If previously installed, uninstall any older versions of the .NET Micro Framework SDK
- Install Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
- Install the .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.3
- Install the Netduino SDK v4.3
- Netduino 2 Firmware (v126.96.36.199 beta 1)
- Netduino Plus 2 Firmware (v188.8.131.52 beta 1)
- Netduino Go Firmware v184.108.40.206 -- coming soon, see below
- Netduino Mini Firmware v220.127.116.11 -- coming soon, see below
- Netduino 1 and Netduino Plus 1 -- see below
Netduino Go will be getting a few extra software upgrades to go along with .NET MF 4.3. We'll be running a special 4.3 beta program for Netduino Go users in the near future.
In the meantime the new SDK will work with Netduino Go boards running 4.2 firmware.
Upgrades for gen1 boards
We hope to be able to upgrade all gen1 Netduinos to .NET Micro Framework 4.3. We currently have early firmware up and running on Netduino 1 and Netduino Plus 1, but it consumes a bit too much valuable flash/RAM.
We're working with Microsoft on a few updates to .NET MF 4.3 related to the newest lwIP networking stack. Once those updates are in place, we'll try to squeeze the NETMF 4.3 firmware down onto the gen1 boards. We hope and expect to be able to do so...but I can't commit anything until the revised firmware is tested and ready to go.
Netduino Mini should receive the update as well. We already have the firmware source ready for that...but there's some testing we need to do before making it official.
In the meantime the new 4.3 SDK works with gen1 boards running 4.2 or earlier firmware.
Enjoy the new firmware and VS2012 support! Please post any feedback here in this post.