Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

sebastianpatten's Content

There have been 21 items by sebastianpatten (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#10398 Recommended books for electronics and embedded systems?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 28 February 2011 - 04:12 PM in General Discussion

It seems that my learning is heading down the route of embedded systems. Does any one have any good book recommendations so I can go and learn how to connect various components up to make my own systems? Thanks!

#10159 Play a .wav file

Posted by sebastianpatten on 25 February 2011 - 04:29 AM in General Discussion

Thanks Chris - I appreciate the reply. I'll look into the adding a dedicated DAC route.

#10090 help with Netduino lcd/touch screen interface

Posted by sebastianpatten on 24 February 2011 - 05:23 PM in General Discussion

I'm in the same boat - I need a screen for my project. From my digging around on the net the only C# driver code I have seen was from here:
LCD Code
Touch Screen

It looks like it has netduino conditionals - they might just be the pin reference class.

I looked at another touch screen on adafruit
Here
and
Here

It comes with a c++ library. The wiring and everything makes sense and I assume its straight forward-ish enough to port from C++ to C#.

I assume its pretty hardcore to write your own driver though. I looked at the datasheet for the adafruit screen. It would take months to implement it and understand it :(

Keep me updated with what you find out and what your decision will be.

Seb.

#10089 Play a .wav file

Posted by sebastianpatten on 24 February 2011 - 05:11 PM in General Discussion

I was trying to figure out how to play a .wav file through the netduino. Is it possible? I had an 8khz mono wav and was trying to play it through the PWM on pin 5. Seto seemed to think it might need a DAC. I know the Fez can do it as I've seen a video. Any info/explanation would be appreciated! Thanks!

#10009 NUnit with the micro framework

Posted by sebastianpatten on 22 February 2011 - 08:59 PM in General Discussion

Any one got NUnit running with the micro framework? Id really like to have this option for testing.

#9962 Code Repository

Posted by sebastianpatten on 21 February 2011 - 06:20 PM in General Discussion

To me, I think what is not working for us right now is that all the necessary information for learning is all over the web (blogs, cross referencing arduino forums, tinyclr.com etc...). Ideally we would have a consolidated source of information made up of two elements: 1) A Wiki would be created and blended into the site. Here the community could create educational information in a step by step manner. (Something I was looking for when I first got into this scene) For example: - How to blink the on board led - How wire up a button as an input ... It would be pretty nice if the information in this .pdf linked from tinyclr.com was in this wiki. http://www.microfram...ner_Guide_ebook 2) Secondly and separately - it would be beneficial to have an "official" version control system as you mentioned such as SVN/GIT for pieces of code outside the scope of the .net micro framework classes. I don't like the multiple repositories sitting out on codeplex, it feels that you have to look in too many places. Here it would be good to store useful code elements such as drivers, WebServer code, SMTP etc... I assume its pretty straight forward to get SVN running with optional web browsable source code.

#9862 ArgumentExecption on Port.ResistorMode.PullDown

Posted by sebastianpatten on 19 February 2011 - 08:28 PM in General Discussion

Why is my code throwing an ArgumentException when I use the following?
InterruptPort input = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, true, Port.ResistorMode.PullDown, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);

It doesnt like the pulldown for some reason.
Thanks!

#9851 Maximum input voltage/amps?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 19 February 2011 - 05:25 PM in General Discussion

So in theory using a voltage divider circuit I could achieve 5v using an 800 ohm and 1k ohm resistor. What would the amps be on this? And would the amps damage the netduino?

#9844 Maximum input voltage/amps?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 19 February 2011 - 03:28 PM in General Discussion

Hi there - I have two power sources that I use. One is the 3.3/5v that comes with the netduino and the other I use is a 9v breadboard. So if I were to put an output from the 9v breadboard into an input port on my Netduino - can i just put a straight 9v in? Or do i need to voltage divide it down to 5v? Is there any amp restriction? Thanks!

#9737 while(true)

Posted by sebastianpatten on 18 February 2011 - 01:25 AM in General Discussion

Yes this works. It looks nicer too. Thanks.

#9731 while(true)

Posted by sebastianpatten on 18 February 2011 - 12:47 AM in General Discussion

I'm doing some code for my NetDuino Plus to act as a web server. So basically right now I put a request to http://localhost:8080 and its responding with a 200 OK - Hello World.

Im building and testing this using the emalator. Without a while(true) the application quits. Is this what I should be doing? Is there a better way to keep the program running and not just drop out?

Thanks!

using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Net.Sockets;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;
using MFToolkit.Net.Web;

namespace WebServer
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            using (HttpServer httpServer = new HttpServer(8080, new MyHttpHandler()))
            {
                httpServer.Start();
            }
        }
    }

public class MyHttpHandler : IHttpHandler
    {
        public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
        {
            BuildHttpResponse(context.Response);
        }

public void BuildHttpResponse(HttpResponse httpResponse)
        {
            httpResponse.HttpStatus = HttpStatusCode.OK;
            httpResponse.WriteLine("Hello World");
        }
    }
}

#9701 ThingSpeak are open

Posted by sebastianpatten on 17 February 2011 - 07:34 PM in General Discussion

Thats Interesting - I randomly stumbled onto that site yesterday and signed up. I like the fo' free logging abilities. Within literally 6 minutes I had an account open and was submitting HTTP GET data to their system. I might be using it for my home alarm system.

#9326 Touchscreen

Posted by sebastianpatten on 11 February 2011 - 09:49 PM in General Discussion

Huh no replies! Some one must have used a touchscreen on the netduino surely.

#9130 Touchscreen

Posted by sebastianpatten on 07 February 2011 - 07:34 PM in General Discussion

Hi there - I'm still building my Home alarm system as my first project. I've just ordered my netduino plus (hurrah) and I am looking for an LCD touchscreen to act as an interface to the alarm. Has any one got any good starting points for where I should look for touch screens? There are a few mentioned on the arduino forums. I was wondering whether any one has any experience with a touchscreen and netduino. Or whether there are any gotchas i should be aware of. Thanks!

#6725 Internet connectivity?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 31 December 2010 - 02:59 AM in General Discussion

Ah right - I forgot about the netduino plus. I'll get that instead of the netduino regular. The project I am working on right now - well my first project is a home alarm system. I want to be able to email an alert to myself when the alarm is triggered as well as arm/disarm it and open my garage door. We'll see how it turns out :)

#6718 Internet connectivity?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 31 December 2010 - 01:00 AM in General Discussion

Hi there - is it feasible to use a Netduino to connect to the net? In particular send an email? If not - how would one go about this? Thanks!

#5299 First project - Flashing Light

Posted by sebastianpatten on 25 November 2010 - 10:50 PM in General Discussion

Thanks I'll try to make sense of that :) I was thinking of just buying one of those flashing lights and wiring it up, but a high power led could be fun :)

#5297 First project - Flashing Light

Posted by sebastianpatten on 25 November 2010 - 09:11 PM in General Discussion

I ultimately want to build a robotic snowblower. I have no electronics experience nor any netduino experience. This question may sound awfully basic, but id appreciate any high level/general input. For the first step towards this project I want to take is to make a flashing light - much like the one on a police car. I was just trying to visualize what would roughly have to happen. Now I would assume this flashing light that I will buy will be a higher voltage/amperage, but I want it to be controlled by netduino. How do you go about either stepping up the power to the light or stepping down the power to the netduino board? Assuming they are different power requirements. Thanks!

#5250 Will nduino help me learn electronics?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 24 November 2010 - 06:23 PM in General Discussion

Great - I'll get hold of the book and follow the blog. Many thanks!

#5235 Will nduino help me learn electronics?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 24 November 2010 - 05:23 AM in General Discussion

Thanks for the replies - I'm really looking forward to getting something going. My first project is going to be along the lines of a sensor that detects when my garage door is opened and will trigger something indoors to let me know. I assume there is some sort of wireless transmitter electronic device that I can wire up to this thing? Thanks!

#5229 Will nduino help me learn electronics?

Posted by sebastianpatten on 24 November 2010 - 03:35 AM in General Discussion

Hi there - firstly, this is a lovely looking website and forum. Secondly I am interested in learning electronics and have a number of projects I would like to build. I am very interested in the nduino and ill get one for Christmas :D However my question is - does nduino facilitate the learning of electronics? If so how? Many thanks!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.