Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Maximum input voltage/amps?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sebastianpatten

sebastianpatten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hi there - I have two power sources that I use. One is the 3.3/5v that comes with the netduino and the other I use is a 9v breadboard. So if I were to put an output from the 9v breadboard into an input port on my Netduino - can i just put a straight 9v in? Or do i need to voltage divide it down to 5v? Is there any amp restriction? Thanks!

#2 phantomtypist

phantomtypist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

I think the digital pins are 3.3v, but 5v tolerant (meaning maximum of 5v.) If using the analog feature on the digital pins, then you can only have a maximum of 3.3v input. If there is no way for your to input within those parameters then you will have to build a logic level converter that converts your 9v to 3.3v or 5v (depending on whether you are using digital or analog.)

#3 sebastianpatten

sebastianpatten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

So in theory using a voltage divider circuit I could achieve 5v using an 800 ohm and 1k ohm resistor. What would the amps be on this? And would the amps damage the netduino?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.