Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

help with Netduino lcd/touch screen interface

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 i182willsw

i182willsw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

Hey guys, I've been working on a project which needs a 3-4 in touchscreen attached to it. I've looked and looked but can't find much in place of a library or something which would help interface a screen with the Netduino. Unfortunately I I can't figure out a way I will need to switch over to a parallax chip, I like them but Spin has absolutely nothing on C#. Thanks for your help guys.

#2 sebastianpatten

sebastianpatten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm in the same boat - I need a screen for my project. From my digging around on the net the only C# driver code I have seen was from here:
LCD Code
Touch Screen

It looks like it has netduino conditionals - they might just be the pin reference class.

I looked at another touch screen on adafruit
Here
and
Here

It comes with a c++ library. The wiring and everything makes sense and I assume its straight forward-ish enough to port from C++ to C#.

I assume its pretty hardcore to write your own driver though. I looked at the datasheet for the adafruit screen. It would take months to implement it and understand it :(

Keep me updated with what you find out and what your decision will be.

Seb.

#3 i182willsw

i182willsw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

I'll tell you what I've found so far, the programming language for the Parallax chip "Spin".... Sucks... I guess I can't say it sucks, but it's much harder to do anything complicated in. It makes easy stuff easy and moderate stuff Impossible. However they have the largest selection of libraries for all different sizes of screens.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

Do any of the SPI-based screens have touch features? [If you need TFT-style screens with video, you may want to check out the Tahoe II from Device Solutions. It's not open source, but we've had good luck using them for commercial prototypes.] Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.