Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Internet connectivity?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sebastianpatten

sebastianpatten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

Hi there - is it feasible to use a Netduino to connect to the net? In particular send an email? If not - how would one go about this? Thanks!

#2 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

Hi there - is it feasible to use a Netduino to connect to the net? In particular send an email? If not - how would one go about this?

Thanks!

I havent tried out the smtp stuff with the netduino yet, I'll do that soon. Have you checked out the netduino plus?

EDIT:
It seems that System.Net.Mail is not there for the .net mf I'll look into another way of sending email.

#3 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

Yes - definitely, definitely look into the N+ for Networking - It is much better than a regular Netduino or Netduino Mini with a Wiznet chip.

#4 sebastianpatten

sebastianpatten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:59 AM

Ah right - I forgot about the netduino plus. I'll get that instead of the netduino regular. The project I am working on right now - well my first project is a home alarm system. I want to be able to email an alert to myself when the alarm is triggered as well as arm/disarm it and open my garage door. We'll see how it turns out :)

#5 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

Been there, done. Used a NETMF target to monitor motion and server temperatures while I was out of town for an extended period of time during the hot summer. Worked very well and never had any issues. I think the project is on the TinyCLR wiki, it was one of my first NETMF projects even before the Netduino was ever out.

#6 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

Been there, done. Used a NETMF target to monitor motion and server temperatures while I was out of town for an extended period of time during the hot summer. Worked very well and never had any issues. I think the project is on the TinyCLR wiki, it was one of my first NETMF projects even before the Netduino was ever out.

...That's Chris's way of volunteering to help you if you encounter any difficulties... :D

Nice choice of a starting project!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.