Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Nicky's Content

There have been 78 items by Nicky (Search limited from 08-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37224 Application freezing on Socket creation

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 03:14 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

It's a longshot, but if youre using dhcp on your Netduino, try to add this before running the reset of your program:

while(Microsoft.SPOT.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()[0].IPAddress == "0.0.0.0");

#37214 Shield Base Firmware (beta 4)

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 11:34 AM in Netduino Go

Am I the only one, who gets "AsyncEventReceived | profile: 128; instance: 6; function: 5" everytime an InterruptPort gets interrupted?

#37212 new AnalogInput() throws ArgumentException

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 09:27 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Nicky,

Are you okay with switching to the new NETMF AnalogInput class? Then instead of the shieldBase.Pins enumeration, you can use the shieldBase.AnalogChannels enumeration.

Nice! Works like a charm!

I actually tried using it, and deleted the using AnalogInput in the top, but apparently VS didn't change the reference. using AnalogInput = Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.AnalogInput did the magic.

#37210 new AnalogInput() throws ArgumentException

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 08:28 AM in Netduino Go

You can only grab hold of a pin once. So the second instance of MyClass will fail as the first instance is still referencing A0.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks, but it's not.. I've simplified the code by removing parameters and replaced pin variable with actual value.

#37208 new AnalogInput() throws ArgumentException

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 07:56 AM in Netduino Go

Hi

I have problem creating an AnalogInput on the Shieldbase...

using AnalogInput = SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput;
namespace MyNamespace
{
    public class MyClass : MyBaseClass
    {
        private AnalogInput input;

public MyClass(NetduinoGo.ShieldBase shieldbase)
            : base(shieldbase)
        {
            this.input = new AnalogInput(this.shieldbase.Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);
        }

The abowe throws ArgumentException. The code is exceuted immediately after another instace of "MyClass" is created with digital pins. The Pin has value 1014.

Running Netduino Go firmware 4.0.0.2.

Thanks in adavance ;)

#37206 Windows 8 support

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 07:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Nicky,

I'm running Netduino, Netduino Plus, Netduino Mini, and Netduino Go on my Windows 8 machine. All running the latest firmware.

Netduino Plus uses the new WinUSB drivers. Can you please check that you've updated .NET MF 4.2 to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK on your computer?

Chris

The machine is at home, so I can't check atm, but I'm nearly a hundred percent sure that I never have had another SDK than 4.2 QFE2 installed. The Windows installation is only about a month old :s

Btw, at first I installed Netduino 4.2 SDK, when that didn't work I removed the Netduino SDK and installed Netduino 4.1 SDK and 4.2 SDK again.

Windows recognised is as a Netduino device, but it just don't show up :s

#37204 Windows 8 support

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 06:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has tried connecting a Netduino Plus to a Windows 8 PC? I have installed SDK's and so, and the Netduino Plus is recognised as a Netduino, but newer shows up in Visual Studio. Netduino Go works fine...

#37203 Running out of memory

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 06:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

To make a HTTP request with a Socket, see http://forums.netdui...es-a-long-time/ Replace GET with POST. Refer to HTTP 1.1 documentation for posting datas.

#37026 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 11 October 2012 - 09:30 AM in Netduino Go

Oh yes, you can load assemblies with reflection too. Fabien wrote code for that too: netduino.helpers.Helpers.SDResourceLoader.

It wil require some memory on the device as well though; it'll load the assembly in the available memory.

Yeah, I'm already loading assemblies with reflection, but I was wondering if it was possible to load assemblies into a virtual memory...

#37018 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 11 October 2012 - 09:01 AM in Netduino Go

It's useful as memory, just not code memory. You can store resources to it, but also use it as virtual memory. Fabien, one of the guys behind Nwazet, once wrote a nice class for this: netduino.helpers.Helpers.VirtualMemory.

Aah okay, so I won't be able to load assemblies with reflection, and expect that to run, but datas and stuff can be placed in a VM?

Att: Chris, sounds like more great news! It seems like the most of my worries are going to be taken care of... this is indeed an interesting platform! I smell tons of potential here.

#37012 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 11 October 2012 - 06:01 AM in Netduino Go

Thanks for the answers.

It's not currently possible to add RAM externally (partially because you'd want a _really_ fast memory bus for that). If there's enough demand for extra RAM, we could create a higher-end Netduino Go in the future with additional on-board RAM.

So that means what Stefan said ain't gonna be possible? Using SD as memory. I know that the unit will lose a lot of speed, but at some point it might be worth it.

We could enable reflashing over an Ethernet or Serial module in a future update. Today you'll want to use USB.

Okay, just thought it might could be possible. Bummer... currently I have a 320 kb application which needs to be updateable... Might be time to clean up the Dpws/System.Http/System.Xml assemblies, sigh :D

We'll be enabling the pushbutton on Netduino Go as a reset button. There is also a watchdog on the microcontroller which we could logically hook up to an external GoBus button/module/IO. Or kicked via code...lots of options to explore.

So what you say are, if I need to ensure a stable product, I have to find another board than the NGo, since there is NO, and not coming, ANY method to reset a hanging system?

#36967 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM in Netduino Go

Wow a quick reply.. another + in my book. Sweet news about the SD module - does that mean that the NGo in theory would be able to have gigabytes of memory, and then run huuge programs loaded with reflection? The Hub sounds like exactly what I was hoping for! About the reset.. does that mean, that if the NGo hangs, there is no way to reset it, except from cutting the power? Thanks ;)

#36963 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 10 October 2012 - 03:14 PM in Netduino Go

Hi there.

First off, even through the limited selection of modules (atm), and the annoying Erase/Flash/Deploy bug, I'm quite impressed by the Go, and from what it looks like, lot's of great stuff are happening in the future! But when that's said, I've got a few questions. My knowledge in hardware is very limited, but I think I got the basics.

1. Memory capacity
Is it possible, in any way, to expand the code- and/or memory space on the Netduino Go? Can the code space be made able for memory?

If the answer is no, does anyone have to experience/recommendations on how to do so? Currently I've got a NGo and a N+ connected through serial, where the N+ is acting like a modem/storagedevice. The connection is made through the COM-ports, is this the best method?

2. Socket expansion
Are there any plans for a module which expands the total number of sockets?

3. Power capacity
How much stuff can the NGo power? Imagine a couple of Shieldbases, a dozen of relays, Ethernet module, SD Module, touch display and some more.. That would require an external power supply, right?

4. Remote updating
Since the NGo is able to flash the Shieldbase, is it then possible to make another device flash a NGo?

5. Reset
Is it somehow possible to attach a reset wire to the NGo?

6. SPI
I've read a little about SPI, but I'm not sure if I get it. Does SPI make it possible to establish a serial-connection with multiple devices through the same three wires?

Thanks. :)

#36861 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.0 (Update 2)

Posted by Nicky on 09 October 2012 - 03:32 PM in Netduino Go

Just to confirm... the bug with deployments bigger than 128 kb is still there. Actually, I had to erase and flash every time I made a code change..

#36794 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.0 (Update 1)

Posted by Nicky on 08 October 2012 - 07:08 PM in Netduino Go

Hi indimini,

I tried to reproduce your error using the above code but did not get an error. After a couple deploys I commented out the 3 lines for the myButton, and still had zero issues. I wonder if this is similar to the seemingly random USB issue we used to have with the Netduino. I do believe at some point in the near future we will also see a move to the WinUSB drivers for the Netduino Go as well. Perhaps that will helps solve some of these issues where you need to unplug and plug your device back in.

Steve

I also have this one.. almost all the time. I'm running a N+ at the same time... could this have something to do with it?

#36778 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.0 (Update 1)

Posted by Nicky on 08 October 2012 - 04:08 PM in Netduino Go

I also have to replug my NGo 90% of attempts to deploy code to it after upgrading.

Further more, and this seems totally random, sometimes the NGo "looses" it's entry point, and then I have to erase the chip and reflash before I can run my code. I can't deploy another project neither.

Output from Build:
------ Skipped Deploy: Project: ComLink, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
------ Skipped Deploy: Project: OS, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoGoApplication2, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoGoApplication2, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
------ Skipped Deploy: Project: LV-MaxSonar-EZ, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
------ Skipped Deploy: Project: AM2302, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
========== Deploy: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 4 skipped ==========

Output from Micro Framework Device Deployment
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 219324 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.

Output from Debug
Create TS.

Loading start at 8056ce0, end 806dd8c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.IO (4.2.0.0)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Cannot find any entrypoint!

Done.

Waiting for debug commands...

'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.
The program '[3] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

#36760 WebRequest takes a long time

Posted by Nicky on 08 October 2012 - 07:13 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

JoRu1407: Great. I'm glad I was able to help you (with a little help from Kem :P) Kem: Why sorry? I didn't post my reply, as an objection to yours. I simply didn't see your post, write my reply and press submit in about one minute... we posted at the sametime. Barging in... you came with a valid, well argumentet and well formulated input. Come here so I can pet you instead! ;)

#36674 WebRequest takes a long time

Posted by Nicky on 07 October 2012 - 10:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ah sorry... told you that I wrote it to a desktop environment ;) Try something like this instead... I still didn't have chance to test on a device, or see my own code...

Try:

public static void InStateToServer(int port)
{
   IPHostEntry host = Dns.GetHostEntry("192.168.2.231");
   IPEndPoint endPoint = new IPEndPoint(host.AddressList[0], 80);

using (Socket socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp))
   {
      socket.Connect(endPoint);

using (NetworkStream ns = new NetworkStream(socket))
      {
         byte[] bytes = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("GET /decoder_control.cgi?command=" + port + "&user=admin&pwd=abc HTTP/1.1\r\n");
         ns.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
      }
   }
}

#36543 Socket exception

Posted by Nicky on 04 October 2012 - 08:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

It's a long shot, but try change socketServer.Listen(1); to a higher number..

#36524 WebRequest takes a long time

Posted by Nicky on 04 October 2012 - 02:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try doing this instead

public static void InStateToServer(int port)
{
   using (Socket socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp))
   {
      socket.Connect("192.168.2.231", 80);

using (NetworkStream ns = new NetworkStream(socket))
      {
         byte[] bytes = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("GET /decoder_control.cgi?command=" + port + "&user=admin&pwd=abc HTTP/1.1\r\n");
         ns.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
      }
   }
}

It's way more lightweight, and as a bonus you can get rid of the System.Http reference :)

Note: I didn't have my Netduinos here, so I've written the code in a Console application, but I don't think there is any difference...

edit: forgot "GET" + "HTTP/1.1"

#36183 Errors compiling Netduino Go firmware

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 02:49 PM in Netduino Go

It seems to be compiling very well now.. thanks!!! But this is 4.2.0.0 right? Then I'll have to downgrade my shieldbase?

#36172 Errors compiling Netduino Go firmware

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 02:18 PM in Netduino Go

Oh that does explain something ;) I did see the other thread, but when I saw 4.2 QFE1, and that the post was almost half an year I old, I didn't think more about it. Oh, VS2012 support - how lovely ;)

#36168 SD Card Module Update

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 01:59 PM in Netduino Go

24 hours?, sounds like bad planning. ;)
Do something like this if you have access to spi: http://elasticsheep....h-an-atmega168/

Nah, the release date is in less than 24 hours ;) Or at least according to http://nwazet.com/gosd and http://shop.microfra...ctOut.aspx/4801 .... and if Fabien, who I expect is the reseller at nwazet.com doesn't know anything, it doesn't seem good...

That link does seem kind of interresting through... thanks ;)

#36162 Ethernet Module Update

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 01:10 PM in Netduino Go

Is there any timeframe at this point, for when you expect the modules to be ready for shipping (a realistic timeframe)... seems like those 10 days of testing back in July is still going on, and I've seen many other statements, where it was just a matter of a few weeks - months ago. Of course it's better to have a working product, except from a beta, but it does seem to me, that you don't really knows it either and just mentions X weeks/days. Straight out of the box, can an European be expecting to have his own Secret Labs Netduino Go Ethernet Module before November?

#36160 SD Card Module Update

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 01:01 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris,
We're a couple days away from September 29th and we have not heard from you on the availability of the SL SD card reader.
Can you please provide us with an update?
Thanks,-Fabien.

God damn I hope those modules are ready for shipping in about 24 hours... otherwise I might have brought a NGo Startkit, Shieldbase and other stuff, that I can't use for my finals anyways :s

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.