Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Windows 8 support

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has tried connecting a Netduino Plus to a Windows 8 PC? I have installed SDK's and so, and the Netduino Plus is recognised as a Netduino, but newer shows up in Visual Studio. Netduino Go works fine...

ntools
TCP Listener (Beta) · FTP Server (Alpha)
Netduino Plus Go Module · Xml Parser
http://ntools.codeplex.com/

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi Nicky, I'm running Netduino, Netduino Plus, Netduino Mini, and Netduino Go on my Windows 8 machine. All running the latest firmware. Netduino Plus uses the new WinUSB drivers. Can you please check that you've updated .NET MF 4.2 to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK on your computer? Chris

#3 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi Nicky,

I'm running Netduino, Netduino Plus, Netduino Mini, and Netduino Go on my Windows 8 machine. All running the latest firmware.

Netduino Plus uses the new WinUSB drivers. Can you please check that you've updated .NET MF 4.2 to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK on your computer?

Chris

The machine is at home, so I can't check atm, but I'm nearly a hundred percent sure that I never have had another SDK than 4.2 QFE2 installed. The Windows installation is only about a month old :s

Btw, at first I installed Netduino 4.2 SDK, when that didn't work I removed the Netduino SDK and installed Netduino 4.1 SDK and 4.2 SDK again.

Windows recognised is as a Netduino device, but it just don't show up :s

ntools

#4 AlfredBr

AlfredBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

We have been using our NetduinoGo on Windows8 with no problems. I have not tried a Netduino Plus, but will give it a go tonight (have to upgrade the firmware to 4.2 first) and report back.

#5 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi Nicky,

I'm running Netduino, Netduino Plus, Netduino Mini, and Netduino Go on my Windows 8 machine. All running the latest firmware.

Netduino Plus uses the new WinUSB drivers. Can you please check that you've updated .NET MF 4.2 to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK on your computer?

Chris

Goddammit.. I have QFE1 installed... I downgraded because I was trying to recompile the source.. idiot.

Thanks Chris! I'll bring my precious with me home one of the next days, and see if that solves the problem. :)

ntools

#6 contractorwolf

contractorwolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

How do i check that? I have a new Surface Pro Win8 machine and VS2010 and I am trying to deploy to a Netduino Mini and it cant seem to deploy to the device using serial and a selected com port (it selects the com port on its own so i know its sees the device). The deployment and software works fine on my Win7 machine. I really want to get this working on the MS Surface because it makes testing super mobile.

Anybody got simple steps for me to check? Thanks

James

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Hi James,

How do i check that? I have a new Surface Pro Win8 machine and VS2010 and I am trying to deploy to a Netduino Mini and it cant seem to deploy to the device using serial and a selected com port (it selects the com port on its own so i know its sees the device). The deployment and software works fine on my Win7 machine. I really want to get this working on the MS Surface because it makes testing super mobile.

Can you try changing your deployment transport (in project properties > .net micro framework) to USB and then back to Serial? To make sure that the serial port selection registered properly? Also...what happens if you try to Ping the device from MFDeploy (Start > .NET Micro Framework > Tools > MFDeploy.exe)? I have a Surface RT, which I love. That Surface Pro of yours is a pretty amazing upgrade; I wish I had one for remote debugging of NETMF apps :) Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.