NooM's Content - Netduino Forums - Page 2

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 07-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#44315 Trouble with the pins on plus2

Posted by NooM on 27 January 2013 - 07:14 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

yes, the last 2 messages say it.

i does not like Pins.yourpin -

it wants AnalogChannels.yourpin

#46818 Trouble powering Mini using battery

Posted by NooM on 07 March 2013 - 11:53 AM in Netduino Mini

http://wiki.netduino...mini_pinout.pdf

pin 21 is _only_ for 5v regulated. id not connect 4x1.6v batteries to it

the 9v bat should work fine on pin24 and gndpin

my mini runs with one 3.3volt battery (lifepo4) - i stepped it up to 5v and used pin21.

#45759 Transferring large text files: Serial or Ethernet?

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 08:13 PM in General Discussion

both would work, but serial is a bit more tricky, ethernet/tcp-ip makes sure your packets arrive, serial not, so you have to implemewnt a method to make sure you actually recieve all packets first.

than you need to split your 2mb file up to many smallchunks (serial and ethernet)

edit: also keep in mind you have very limited ram, so you want read a chunk, than write it to sd card, than read the next

iam not sure what would be faster.

eeprom, i love eeproms, but they only have 64kb per piece, there arent bigger ones aviable (yes, some have 128kb, but thats in fact 2x64kb ...)

so that wount work for 2mb files very well

edit: no corssover, just normal ethernet cable

so in total: thats very doable, but needs some work, and can be tricky

#46360 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by NooM on 27 February 2013 - 07:58 PM in Project Showcase

id get an stm32fx with lcd from ebay (iam sure you can contact the manufacture) - than

you can "relativly easy" wite you own drivers there - and its so cheap, it would be cheaper than yours actually (they are like 20-40€)

that also gives the option to add your own commands and whatever you want

#46406 Touch, 320x240 LCD Driver for Netduino+ 2

Posted by NooM on 28 February 2013 - 10:46 AM in Project Showcase

yeah use a seperate chip as "graphic card" (native, not netmf)

the toolchain, yeah. i got coocox setup, and the serial communication ready, but

thats all ni could do (without much reading) - but a professional should be

able todo way more. arm offers a library collection called cmsis wich helps

accessing all the stuff like serial, spi..

but let me explain my post: their display/board (that vizic) looks very much like the ebay ones, and its NOT very lowcost.

i also think it works the way i descibed it, someone wrote a driver for it wich

you control per uart - like you send a simple command: draw reachtange at position x,y with size w,h (thats around 9 bytes)

#50391 Thread Pooling

Posted by NooM on 10 June 2013 - 12:39 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

maybe Manual reset Event may help you

http://msdn.microsof...resetevent.aspx

#50242 The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Posted by NooM on 04 June 2013 - 08:49 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

that question also gets asked every month :D

its what ziggurat said, its normal, so dont worry. an error looks different.

(windows apps show the same message when a thread ends)

#48894 The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code

Posted by NooM on 30 April 2013 - 07:54 PM in General Discussion

there is no problem, its normal. dont worry

#47075 System.Exception during Debug.Print

Posted by NooM on 12 March 2013 - 12:25 PM in General Discussion

i guess its: Debug.Print(new string(System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(buffer)));

when you get the chars, it expects that the byte data is correct, now with serial the chances

are big that it isent (my experience so far)

if you send the data from a computer, print out there the byte data, and also on the netduino ( Debug.Print(buffer[0]); .. in a loop till buffer lenght) and compare them. it happened a lot for the data gets shifted and never syncronizes again

iam using cobs as packetframe, since that it never happened again

#47087 System.Exception during Debug.Print

Posted by NooM on 12 March 2013 - 02:54 PM in General Discussion

btw, in my signature is a link to my playground, and there is the COBS code.

i really like it, cos it automatically resyncs. or aqt least makes it possible.

i removed the serial implementation for now since i had a bug with it on my board, so iam not

sure about netduino. but its very simple.

you encode your data, make a new byte array with 2 bytes bigger of the encoded data, add a 0 at pos 0 and the lenght of the encoded data on pos1, than in receive funktion look for the 0, when you receive one, the packet starts, than read the lenght, you know that how big the packet is and read the ammount of bytes, than decode it, violla

#46993 String to byte array for serial output

Posted by NooM on 10 March 2013 - 11:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thread.Sleep(-1); will sleep forever, so your write never gets called. just remove it.

port.Write(teststring, 1, testing.Length); - why start with 1 here? you start with 0.

public static void Main()

{
initComs(); //opens com port and awaits data
Thread.Sleep(500);//added this in case the com port wasn't ready fast enough
//importData(); //imports data from SD card--for later
string teststring= "Powerisoff";
byte[] data = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(teststring);
port.Write(data, 0, data.Length);
Thread.Sleep(-1);
}

static void initComs()
{
port = new SerialPort("COM1", 19200, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
port.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(RecievedData);
port.Open();
}

#50678 Strange AnalogInput readings

Posted by NooM on 20 June 2013 - 10:41 PM in General Discussion

doesent sound good. have you ever added 5v to the analog inputs? that would have damaged it.

with a pulldown it shows 0.0v normally.

#54417 Strange "hanging" netduino 2

Posted by NooM on 02 December 2013 - 06:55 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

netduino 2 doesent have an erase pad :D

you have to delete it when its in dfu mode via dfuse.

#54268 STM32F4 mini

Posted by NooM on 24 November 2013 - 01:51 PM in Netduino Mini

well if you wanna use the netduino formware you have to look on wich pins is the usb port connected (important for flashing programs)

and you have to use a 25mhz crystal (iirc)

yes i meant the link you posted - this port needs a 8mhz crystal

you can change the crystal needed, but you have to recompile the netmf-firmware

on a sidenote: on mine i wanted the sdio interface and a micro sd card, so basic stamp wouldnt fit, in a breadboard it still leave 2 pins free each side

#54252 STM32F4 mini

Posted by NooM on 23 November 2013 - 03:31 PM in Netduino Mini

i designed one, sadly i placed the sd card slot one, so i have to wait for the new pcb's where i fixed this..

https://www.dropbox....board_front.png

https://www.dropbox...._board_back.png

its a f405, was quite simple actually

it can run the netmf for stm32 port in codeplex.

(iam using it with native code tho)

edit: oh and theres the cerb40 allready aviable.

#49426 STM32F4 Discovery Running .NET MF

Posted by NooM on 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM in General Discussion

nice, i thought the onboard (not on-chip) peripherals have different pins than the netmf uses (many pins can have different types of usage)

leds and button is kinda easy.

a-d is also, the serial ports are also in the netmf port (except one isnt working becouse of the micro usb port having the same pins)

all 3 spi modules work, one i2c (netmf limit)

and the 2 da converters are also implemented.

wich spi module and cs pin it uses? and whats about the interrupt pin? (the accelerometer)

also, what you think about the audio ic? that would be cool to have too, but from what ive read its i2s :(

#47295 Still a Serial Port Problem

Posted by NooM on 17 March 2013 - 05:30 PM in General Discussion

now i can confirm that serial is not the most reliable, but it works quite well for me.

i noticed that when i send a lot of data very fast (115200) some byte gets lost/shifted by one byte.

i than implemented an packet framing, and also send the size of the packet. its very very reliable since than

like that

id remove all the thread.sleep in your sample code and stuff the bytes into a buffer.

i know you wanna work with a gsp shield, so encoding and stuff wount be of any help.

#50241 Static or Instance

Posted by NooM on 04 June 2013 - 08:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

My general practice is to have the constructor of the main class create an instance of it's self and run from there. Can I assume the examples run as static to keep it easy to understand

exactly this.  i find it ugly to make all static, and for me it looks odd and confusing.

about gc isnt much to say: it cares about it on its own. memory management: dont push more items in a queue than you remove and your fine :D

#50051 SPI Speed with ADC

Posted by NooM on 28 May 2013 - 10:12 AM in Netduino Mini

yes you could speed it up, but not in netmf. you would have to add that to the firmware, in c/c++.

netmf is interpreted and therefore not as fast as c/c++ code.

that with the pwm is a bad idea, it wount work, and even if, i wouldnt increase any speed.

calling the spi write/read often is just not very efficient, it has some overhead.

not even that doesent help you, but ill have to add: writing bigger junks is very fast compared to writing a lot of small ones.

#49123 SPI or I2C LCD Suggestions?

Posted by NooM on 06 May 2013 - 08:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

:D

thats extremly expensive!

id have bought this: http://www.ebay.com/...t-/400347869193

or that: http://www.ebay.com/...0-/400347868649

(i have some of the nokia ones, spi and very easy to use - the one with white backlight are better!)

#52009 SPI and networking, concurrant, doesn't work?

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 11:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hmm.

try using > 2mhz as spi clock.

(hmm, well that should be fixed long time ago and not interfere with ethernet.. hmm)

and try using SPI_Devices.xxx

btw: from what i know also 16mhz is max the netduino can do (some division problems or whatnot, iam not sure)

#47185 SPI and I2CDevice not working together

Posted by NooM on 14 March 2013 - 01:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

in my signature is a link to my playground, you can find a multi i2c and multi spi class there. and a simple rtc (ds1307) class that shows the usage of the multi i2c (spi is very simmiliar to use!)

#46944 SPI and I2CDevice not working together

Posted by NooM on 09 March 2013 - 04:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i used both together and it worked fine. (different devices, but spi and i2c, each with multiple devices)

add some code so we can have a look, wild guessing is no fun :(

#48243 Signature check fail Er_flash.sig

Posted by NooM on 10 April 2013 - 09:53 AM in Netduino Mini

try it again with the files and "guide" from here:

http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-1/

select the version wich you wanna have, one if for ttl deployment, the other for the 12v rs232 port.

#50945 SerialPort / Itead Studio Bluetooth Shield V2.2

Posted by NooM on 29 June 2013 - 11:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

did you test it with your pc?

your connecttodrive function looks very strange to me, but ive never worked with windows phone.

doesent it have a normal serialport class?

also, before you use the drive, you have to pair it first (at least on my pc, i search for device once, enter the pairing code, than i can open to serialport of it)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.