Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Trouble powering Mini using battery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FSR111000

FSR111000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm having no problems powering the Mini from my FTDI breakout board, or directly off a USB cable's power plugged into my PC, however after many attempts with 1 9 volt battery, and 4 AA batteries wired in series, and trying pins 24 and 21 for the "positive" connection, I can never get the Mini to start on battery power. I have only 4 momentary switches and one LED wired up to GPIO pins 5,6,7,8 and 9. Everything functions correctly when I use power from the USB cable connected to the PC or the power from the FTDI breakout. I checked with a multi-meter that the batteries were not dead.

My project definitely requires battery power for the Mini - what is the recommended battery to use?  Are my batteries not supplying enough current to power the Mini?

Thanks!

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

http://wiki.netduino...mini_pinout.pdf

pin 21 is _only_ for 5v regulated. id not connect 4x1.6v batteries to it

the 9v bat should work fine on pin24 and gndpin

my mini runs with one 3.3volt battery (lifepo4) - i stepped it up to 5v and used pin21.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.