Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 06-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46163 Control RTS SerialPOrt

Posted by NooM on 24 February 2013 - 11:56 AM in Visual Studio

nothing todo with the original stuff, but:

mario, thanks for that link/blogpost, crc looks promising for serial error detection.

#45223 Convert a string to an integer

Posted by NooM on 09 February 2013 - 11:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Int32 yourInt = Int32.Parse("122");

doesent work for single/double :(

edit: baxter is right, its working for double, but for Single i dont have parse

#51165 Cpu.Pins

Posted by NooM on 07 July 2013 - 07:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

dont use cpu.pins.

use just Pins.Yourpin.

cpu.pins are the hardware pins (like cpu.pin.1 = pin1 on the uC)

the Pins enum is from secretlabs wich references to the right pins.

#51779 Creating a "Shield" - advice?

Posted by NooM on 30 July 2013 - 01:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i like diptrace a lot. it has tons of components, you can try it out for 30 days free, and if you like, the cost is cheap.

it also has a 3d rengering thingy, so you can kinda look what your pcb's might look when finished (thou not all stuff has 3d modules aviable, so its just empty.) its also at least as easy than fritzing, but way easier to route (by hand) and more precize)

iam about to order 10 pcb's from itead. its incredible cheap.

(i turned component render off ...)

https://www.dropbox...._b_3d_front.png

https://www.dropbox....p_b_3d_back.png

#48437 DDNS how to?

Posted by NooM on 16 April 2013 - 09:43 AM in General Discussion

that happen for me when the router cant resolve the hostname for the server, that it shows its login panel too.

i fixed that by giving my device a static ip and entered that in the router, but well, mines a bit different too i guess.

#47314 Dead Netduino?

Posted by NooM on 18 March 2013 - 02:40 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

great that it works again!

#45446 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 05:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

sry i have no idea what todo, but ping and program running tells me its not damaged.

#45425 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 11:28 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

you sure its damaged? netduino can survice 12v, the regulator is actually rated much higher (but will get a heat problem when you draw too much current)

#51827 Debugging Target not in an initialized state: rebooting...

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 08:46 PM in Visual Basic Support

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino is for all gen2 boards, the other for the gen1.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]they changed the naming for the gen2 boards so its in line, all have the same namespace there (normal and plus - and the ones that will follow sometime too)[/font]

#45774 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM in Netduino Mini

sorry linked the wrong one, but read both. its good todo.

http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-1/

#45773 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 12:05 AM in Netduino Mini

you need a max232 to flash new firmware, the com1 is 12 volts, its not a good idea to connect your ftdi cable to there.

also, dont erase with 5 volts, that cant be good, use max 3.3v (i dont think its damaged, but it might get damaged if you do that)

or hook it up to your computers comput.

best is you read the guid again ... very carefully ...

http://forums.netdui...y-instructions/

#45915 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 07:53 PM in Netduino Mini

and you didnt choose my answer as best answer? :(

now iam sad :P

#45900 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM in Netduino Mini

iam 100% sure it works, for both the uart (com1) and the rs232 (com2) - ofc rs232 needs a max232 to convert voltage levels

(since i only have a mini, ill play around a lot with it :P )

#45805 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 08:54 AM in Netduino Mini

guys, you talk crap.

the ftdi cable is fine, it just has the wrong voltage levels. i have an ftdi adapter, it works like a charm, but

for reflashing you have to use com1 on the mini, wich dont wants 5 or 3.3 volts, it needs 12 volts.

so you havge to step your ftdi singal levels up with a max232, or just use the comports from your computer, they are 12 volts singal level

#52233 Direct STM32F4 ARM (C) support in Visual Studio?

Posted by NooM on 19 August 2013 - 09:07 PM in General Discussion

you can get a sam3 or sam4, its atmels cortex m4 (arm) and programm them via atmel studio.

arduino due is sam3 btw.

#48927 Directory creation woes

Posted by NooM on 02 May 2013 - 01:25 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i guess it has something todo with buffering or stuff like that.

i had dataloss when i didnt unmount the sd card before shutting down the netduino/ remove the sd card.

so i made a button to unmount it, and everything was fine (except it sucked ...)

#46416 Documentation for .NET MF

Posted by NooM on 28 February 2013 - 05:08 PM in General Discussion

its sad if you _cant_ find one.

but ok, for the lazy guys:

SerialPort serialPort; serialPort = new SerialPort("yourcomport", 115200);serialPort.DataReceived += DataReceivedHandler;serialPort.Open();------ok this is non standard, but i send the "packet" lenght all the timevoid DataReceivedHandler(object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)        {            Int32 identifier = serialPort.ReadByte();            if (identifier == 0)            {                Int32 length = serialPort.ReadByte();                Byte[] packet = new Byte[length];                serialPort.Read(packet, 0, packet.Length);                Byte[] decodedData = COBS.Decode(packet);                if (DataReceived != null)                    DataReceived(decodedData);            }        }public void Send(Byte[] Data)        {            Byte[] encodedData = COBS.Encode(Data);            Byte[] packet = new Byte[encodedData.Length + 2];            packet[0] = 0;            packet[1] = (Byte)(encodedData.Length);            encodedData.CopyTo(packet, 2);            serialPort.Write(packet, 0, packet.Length);        }

if your are interested, the encode/decode functions are linked in my signature, i find them pretty usefull, since its possible to loose data, it resyncs automatically.

#49821 Does any one would like to buy a more powerful STM32F407 MF board?

Posted by NooM on 23 May 2013 - 11:00 AM in General Discussion

sounds like the stuff  http://www.wvshare.com offers. (except they dont offer netmf, and netmf Drivers for their modules)

#49074 DS2482

Posted by NooM on 05 May 2013 - 07:53 PM in Project Showcase

codeplex is good, thats also where most c# projects are.

on github i mostly found c/c++ stuff.

the others i dont know.

for codeplex you need a tool to upload your code, i used tortoise svn for that.

#48671 Ethernet <-> UART bug?

Posted by NooM on 23 April 2013 - 09:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

the bug/problem is totally in your code.

you only accept the socket once and never close it.

also, uart is a streaming protocol, so its not sure all the data arrived allready when you send it.

if (serialPort.BytesToRead > 0)  will happen even after 1 byte is arrived,

but that doesent say how many is left.

also, serial is quite slow (at 115200), 9600 is very slow -

you cant send a lot of data this way.

#45887 Ethernet, Real-Time Control and DotNetMF Threading

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 08:06 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

on .net you will never reach your goals, but as you mentioned, removing the .net stuff and coding

native will do the trick.

you can setup some of the free ide's to work with stm32.

there is some guides how todo that, but very few good tutorials for further stuff i found.

i got uart working in native, but thats it :P

st offers a "library" called cmsis, wich offers easier access to the chips features.

you still have to write a ethernet driver/tcp-ip stack than (or use lwip or simmiliar)

#51920 Exploiting the world of R/C hobby vehicles

Posted by NooM on 03 August 2013 - 07:48 PM in General Discussion

i dont think its unexploited. maybe boats not so much, but drones (quadrocopters) are many around, modded with cameras, gps, autopilot and all kinds of stuff.

for  a boat, hmm. you can add a little horn (sound) and some leds :D

some sensors to check out how rought the water is and stuff like that.

well, for rc stuff i wouldnt mess around with the electronics, id mod/change the stuff allready there -

like a better motor, stronger lipo - cooler tires for a car and so on (sorry dont know boats)

#51930 Exploiting the world of R/C hobby vehicles

Posted by NooM on 03 August 2013 - 10:21 PM in General Discussion

yeah nice things for logging.

about motor and esc: wow watercooled and active cooled, guess it allreads has tons of power :D

#47377 Faster Alternative

Posted by NooM on 19 March 2013 - 02:08 PM in General Discussion

no there isnt. but you dont wanna faster processor for this, you just have todo

this native, not managed.

id hook up a cheap attiny or mega to read the signals and than send the results to netduino per spi

or something like that. theres also stm8 that will do well.

#47457 Faster Alternative

Posted by NooM on 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM in General Discussion

attiny85 or stm8's - but that needs some c coding. if you dont know that, i wouldnt bother.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.