This includes full support for Visual Studio 2012, both Express and Pro.
[For VS2013 support, see the VS2013 section near the end of this post.]
This new SDK is backwards compatible with all Netduinos--including boards running older firmware.
Visual Studio 2012 support
NOTE: VS2012 requires Windows 7 or newer.
- If previously installed, uninstall any older versions of the .NET Micro Framework SDK
- Install Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
- Install the .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.3 QFE1
- Install the Netduino SDK v4.3.1
- Netduino 2 Firmware (v220.127.116.11)
- Netduino Plus 2 Firmware (v18.104.22.168)
- Netduino Go Firmware (v22.214.171.124) -- coming soon, see below
- Netduino 1, Netduino Plus 1 and Netduino Mini -- see below
Netduino Go is getting some new accessories which require .NET MF 4.3 QFE1. We will be running a special 4.3 beta program for Netduino Go users this spring.
In the meantime this new SDK will work with Netduino Go boards running 4.2 firmware.
Upgrades for gen1 boards
We hope to be able to upgrade all gen1 Netduinos to .NET Micro Framework 4.3 QFE1. We currently have early firmware up and running on Netduino 1 and Netduino Mini. The upgrade to 4.3 QFE1 may be possible for Netduino Plus 1 as well, but at the moment it consumes a bit too much valuable flash/RAM.
We plan to ship firmware, where possible, for the gen1 boards in the March-May timeframe.
In the meantime this new SDK works with gen1 boards running 4.2 or earlier firmware.
Visual Studio 2013 support
If you would like to use Netduino with Visual Studio 2013 (Professional or better) instead, check out our experimental VS2013 SDK.
Enjoy the new firmware and VS2012+ support! Please post any feedback here in this post.
Edited by Chris Walker, 01 December 2014 - 04:21 AM.
Added note regarding Netduino Mini