Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Introducing Netduino Plus 2

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#121 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Is there anyone else working on a proto shield to match the new headers?

Arduino has one...
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B007QXTRNA

If there's enough demand, we may make a Netduino ProtoShield (or ProtoShield kit) which also brings out the ICSP headers for the few shields which need that. The MakerShield also routes these pins today--and we've asked MakerShed to update it to reflect the new pinout.

Chris

#122 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Dave, Great video, but who was the female spectral image that walked past the Netduino Plus 2? Was she from the past or future? :o Chuck

#123 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Arduino has one...
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B007QXTRNA

If there's enough demand, we may make a Netduino ProtoShield (or ProtoShield kit) which also brings out the ICSP headers for the few shields which need that. The MakerShield also routes these pins today--and we've asked MakerShed to update it to reflect the new pinout.

Chris

I'd be on board for a bunch of them if SecretLabs came out with their own. I found the Freetronics ones very handy for prototyping.

#124 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

Dave,

Great video, but who was the female spectral image that walked past the Netduino Plus 2? Was she from the past or future? :o

Chuck

You made me go back and watch my own video Chuck! Thought I missed some valuable paranormal evidence :unsure:

#125 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

I successfully uploaded one of my projects that uses the NeonMika web server to the ND+2. Ran 100% right out of the gate. Since I am configuring the Network Settings from the SD card, I didn't run into the DHCP issue. I do have to say the board seems much faster than it's predecessor. :D

#126 Humancell

Humancell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Those cases look very nice, do you ship to Europe ?

- Ulrik

Yes ... I can ship USPS to Europe!

Scott

#127 stotech

stotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

If anyone else has been hanging out to get some shipped to Australia. Try Cana-Kit. $12 Shipping. I'm so crazy for some of these I would have payed twice that. :)

Can't Wait!

#128 MrCalico

MrCalico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi Chris, Pretty cool! Will it have enough resources now to get the MS Robotics Developer Studio to work with it? :) MrCalico

#129 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Pretty cool! Will it have enough resources now to get the MS Robotics Developer Studio to work with it? :)

Oh man, that _would_ be cool!

Chris

#130 davidbates

davidbates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Awesome Chris and Team. It's been awhile since I saw you guys last. Will you be showing this off at CES this year?

#131 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

Awesome Chris and Team. It's been awhile since I saw you guys last. Will you be showing this off at CES this year?

Thanks David :)

We're headed to CES to meet with lots of people, but we won't have a booth this year. Perhaps we should all get together for dinner one night? :)

Chris

#132 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I wish I could come, but time is killing me at the moment :(
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#133 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

I wish I could come, but time is killing me at the moment :(

You haven't built a time machine out of the Netduino 2 yet? :lol:

#134 niek1974

niek1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Sorry , i new with this board .But can somebody tell me if i can run netduino plus software without any problem into an netduino plus 2.. fo missing things of timing problems te be expected then !

#135 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Sorry , i new with this board .But can somebody tell me if i can run netduino plus software without any problem into an netduino plus 2.. fo missing things of timing problems te be expected then !

It depends on what you are running. I have a web server project that I easily re-deployed on the ND+2 and ran. My other projects won't run as they use I2C and there are some I2C bugs on the ND+2 at the moment. An update is due out next week to fix the I2C issues.

#136 Howie Goodell

Howie Goodell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hi Paolo,

It's a standard MiniJTAG port (Cortex Debug Port to be exact).

You can debug using the STLink/V2 and TI MDL-ADA2 JTAG to MiniJTAG adapter. $41.25 for the set, which is ridiculously inexpensive.

We use these instead of our $2000+ ARM RVICE hardware. It works beautifully and supports quite a few breakpoints. We debug C# code, step into native code (alt+tab) and back and forth. It's pretty awesome.

And for those who want a really really nice Cortex-M4F devboard for C/C++ code...Netduino Plus 2 does that really well too. Arduino shield compatibility is a big bonus there too.

Chris

Hi Chris,

All purchased and on my desk. However, there is a teensy problem. The mini JTAG cable Mouser sent us with the TI MDL-ADA2 JTAG to MiniJTAG adapter is female-to-female, but the mini-JTAG connection on the Netduino Plus 2 requires pins on the connector. Are your mini-JTAG connectors male-to-female, or are you doing something else you didn't mention in your post? Two possibilities:
  • You bought a male-to-male mini-JTAG adapter.
  • If the orientation of the pins works, you removed the RESET button from the mini-JTAG adapter and pushed its pins through the board with no cable.
Example of #1: in Mouser's "customers also purchased" box, I found a 20-pin male-to-male connector that might work sawed in half. Let us know!

Thanks!
Howie

#137 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Woot! A Netduino Plus 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nzw1t00Vnk

Hi Stefan,
R u using 2x74HC595?

#138 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Usually, 10 pin header is soldered on the board - for example FCI part number 20021111-00010T4LF.

#139 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hi Stefan,
R u using 2x74HC595?

This is the Lol Shield. Available from many vendors.

#140 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi Stefan,
R u using 2x74HC595?

Nope, it's a technique called charlieplexing. Demonstrated with the LoL Shield :)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.