Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1 - Page 2 - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hi Andi, The 4.2.1 update is mostly bug fixes in the NETMF firmware. One of those bug fixes is that we were not throwing exceptions properly in some cases in the earlier versions (such as when trying to create two OutputPorts with the same pin). Let's make sure we get your serial comm back up and running, along with the [nwazet touchscreen accessory. Let's attach one of those at a time. First, the serial communication. What is/is not working, specifically? Are you able to open the port? Does data get sent? What type of device are you talking to? If you switch to a GoPort on the other side of the board, does it work then? Chris

#22 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I still had error problem. 'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:........My Documents\NGo Projects\NGo beta temp\STM32ReflashApp\STM32ReflashApp\bin\Debug\le\STM32ReflashApp.exe', Symbols loaded. A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll Uncaught exception The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0). Module: Shield Base Firmware: v0.3.0.0 beta 4 Socket: 5 Press BTN to start. powering up socket and connecting to bootloader... A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll Uncaught exception The thread '<No Name>' (0x1) has exited with code 0 (0x0). The program '[7] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0). Done. Waiting for debug commands...

#23 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hi Supra, We need to post an updated reflash app for Shield Base. We're working on it. In the meantime if you want, you can load the _older_ Netduino Go firmware and reflash your Shield Base...and then upgrade your Netduino Go mainboard to the latest firmware. Chris

#24 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

@chris I downloaded new frimware 4.2.0.2 today

The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Module: Shield Base
Firmware: v0.3.0.0 beta 4
Socket: 5

Press BTN to start.
powering up socket and connecting to bootloader...
connected to bootloader.
getting chip id.

So far everything is working now.

#25 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hi Chris,

meanwhile we have re-added GoBus.dll and nothing has changed, neither NWAZET screen nor serial comm are working.

Could you please let us know what was changed in the firmware? At least it would be great to see the debugger telling us what goes wrong ;-)

Also it would be cool if you could test all core functionalities before releasing a new firmware (sorry, I dont want to offend or to annoy anybody, as we see that you are doing a great job)

So far, the new firmware release is a phantom for our developers as the code stopped working ;-))

Cheers

Andi ;-)

Did u download new firmware 4.2.02? My nwazet LCD still working

#26 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Create a PWM class using Cpu.PWMChannel zero through seven (for ports 1-8).

Then just set the dutyCycle to a value between 0.0f and 1.0f.

Does that get you up and running with the LED via PWM?

Nope, i tried the following:
public static void Main()
        {
            PWM LED0 = new PWM(Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_0, 50, 1.0f, false);

while (true)
            {
                LED0.DutyCycle = 1.0f;
                Thread.Sleep(100);
                LED0.DutyCycle = 0.0f;
                Thread.Sleep(100);
            }
        }

Result is a bricked GO, that needs to be totally cleared before it works again. When cleared it works perfectly, but until then, it's not possible to ping or deploy to.

P.S. The GoBus libraries reserve all the LEDs so that they can reflect the connected state of the GoBus modules...so PWM won't be able to access the pins. Be sure to create a NETMF "console application" if you want to play with the LEDs for the moment. Once the GoBus assemblies are included in your project, PWM for the LEDs won't work.

The reference to GoBus was removed.

It's probably me, but i had a really hard time to find good quality information about PWM on the netduino anywhere using NETMF 4.2, but every it says that is quite different from how it it done on 4.1

<_<

- Ulrik

#27 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi Ulrik,

The reference to GoBus was removed.

Just FYI...the GoBus module drivers (NetduinoGo.RgbLed.dll, etc.) all have dependencies on GoBus.dll, so it'll automatically be pulled in by Visual Studio if any GoBus module drivers are included.

Here is the official documentation for the new PWM classes in .NET MF 4.2:
http://msdn.microsof...y/hh401130.aspx

Chris

#28 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Ulrik,

Unfortunately, you will also need to remove all of the Secretlab libraries.

Once you remove them you can try something like this:

using System;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;

namespace NetduinoGo_LightShow
{
    public class Program
    {

static PWM[] leds = new PWM[8];

public static void Main()
        {

leds[0] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_0, 100, 1, false);
            leds[1] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_1, 100, 1, false);
            leds[2] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_2, 100, 1, false);
            leds[3] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_3, 100, 1, false);
            leds[4] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_4, 100, 1, false);
            leds[5] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_5, 100, 1, false);
            leds[6] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_6, 100, 1, false);
            leds[7] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_7, 100, 1, false);

while (true)
            {
                LightCycle();
            }

}

public static void LightCycle()
        {
            int count = 3;
            while (count != 0)
            {
                count--;
                for (int ledIndex = 0; ledIndex < 8; ledIndex++)
                {
                    leds[ledIndex].Start();
                    Thread.Sleep(50);
                    leds[ledIndex].DutyCycle = .25;
                    Thread.Sleep(5);
                    leds[ledIndex].Stop();
                }
                for (int ledIndex = 7; ledIndex >= 0; ledIndex--)
                {
                    leds[ledIndex].Start();
                    Thread.Sleep(50);
                    leds[ledIndex].DutyCycle = .25;
                    Thread.Sleep(5);
                    leds[ledIndex].Stop();
                }
            }
        }

}

}

Here's what you get:

Hopefully in a future update, we'll be able to use the Goport LEDs with the SL libraries. Then I can add my Piezo buzzer and create some sirens sounds and have a pretty cool Police car simulator :)

Cheers,
Steve

#29 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi Supra,

We need to post an updated reflash app for Shield Base. We're working on it.

In the meantime if you want, you can load the _older_ Netduino Go firmware and reflash your Shield Base...and then upgrade your Netduino Go mainboard to the latest firmware.

Chris

The problem is when i deployed ur sln.is asking for gobus.cs. So i had deleted ur old gobus.dll and added new gobus.dll with same firmware 4.2.01. And had to started all over again and still had throw exception for output[]...... Anyhow, I added new firmware 4.2.02 and that solved my problem.

#30 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Are you sure?, also if you scope the PWM class?

That is, doing this:
  leds[0] = new Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_0, 100, 1, false);
instead of this:
  leds[0] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_0, 100, 1, false);

--
Asbjørn

#31 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Are you sure?,

Positive :)

I believe Chris may have mentioned it already in a previous post, but I suspect the SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo and SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware both have dependencies on GoBus.dll, and if you remove one, you have to remove the other.

The reason for the removal of the Gobus.dll can be found here in this post.

As for the references, yes I really don't need to reference the scope of the Cpu.PWMChannel. It doesn't hurt, but technically in this instance I don't need to add any scope since there is no ambiguity between the Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM and the SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM, since I have removed the SL libraries. :)

Cheers,
Steve

#32 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Yes, that was the key, and if i look at the "old" NetduinoSDKSource 4.2.0 i can also see why the other references needs to be removed too.

My code is working perfectly now, and now that we do have 8 PWM controlled LEDs, you should really have added fading trails in your Larson effect sample.

and the power LED is on, how sloppy... :rolleyes:

Fortunately i have done all that, now i'm only waiting for the Netduino Go Micro David Hasselhoff edition.

:) Thanks...

Attached Files

#33 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi Lunddahl,

My code is working perfectly now, and now that we do have 8 PWM controlled LEDs, you should really have added fading trails in your Larson effect sample.

Any chance you could take a quick phone video and post it on YouTube? A lot of us would love to see this in action!

I'm lucky enough to have a Netduino Go here to demo it on :)

Chris

#34 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Any chance you could take a quick phone video and post it on YouTube? A lot of us would love to see this in action!

I'm sure the trailing effect was more dominant last night... :rolleyes:

Now you do understand the urgent need for a rectangular netduino Go David Hasselhoff eddition with red leds, right ?

:)

- Ulrik

#35 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi Ulrik,

I appreciate that you took the time to sync the pulse speed to the music. Awesome :)

Now you do understand the urgent need for a rectangular netduino Go David Hasselhoff eddition with red leds, right ?

I'm starting to see the need! I grew up on Knight Rider; I loved that show.

Chris

#36 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi Chris,

Hi Andi,

The 4.2.1 update is mostly bug fixes in the NETMF firmware. One of those bug fixes is that we were not throwing exceptions properly in some cases in the earlier versions (such as when trying to create two OutputPorts with the same pin).

Let's make sure we get your serial comm back up and running, along with the [nwazet touchscreen accessory. Let's attach one of those at a time.

First, the serial communication. What is/is not working, specifically? Are you able to open the port? Does data get sent? What type of device are you talking to? If you switch to a GoPort on the other side of the board, does it work then?

Chris

many thanks for your quick reply. I will check and will give you an update shortly. So far I saw that I could open the port but couldnt send data. But please let me double check.

Would you recommend us to "remove all of the Secretlab libraries"?

Best wishes and take care

Andi ;-)

#37 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Did u download new firmware 4.2.02? My nwazet LCD still working

Hi Supra,

Im lost now... We have re-flashed to 4.2.1, surely Im missing here something and overlooked something. What is 4.2.02?

Cheers

Andi

#38 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hi Supra,
What is 4.2.02?

Cheers

Andi

OOp! Sorry. My mistaken. It is 4.2.0.2

#39 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

OOp! Sorry. My mistaken. It is 4.2.0.2

Hi Supra,

it works with 4.2.0.0 and it may work with 4.2.0.2, the issue however is to use the NWAZET screen under 4.2.1.x ;-)

Have you tested it under the new firmware?

Cheers

Andi ;-)

#40 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Andi,

There is a fix listed for the Nwazet Display and DAQ at Display Code Update

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.