Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1 - Page 4 - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Here you go supra:
http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-2/

Chris

Posted Image U think so! It doesn't work

A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

Uncaught exception
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in GoBus.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in GoBus.dll

Uncaught exception
The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in GoBus.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in GoBus.dll

Uncaught exception
The thread '<No Name>' (0x1) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Done.

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[11] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Btw, I'm switching back to old file 4.2.0.2

#62 NXTwoThou

NXTwoThou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Nov 14th it was indicated that the update should be by the end of the next week(Nov 23rd). I asked on the 29th how things where going. Its been over another two weeks, could we get another status report?

#63 mcinnes01

mcinnes01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hi Chris,

Just wondered when 1-wire will be available on the shield base?

Hope you had a good christmas!

Andy

#64 NXTwoThou

NXTwoThou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hope there's an update soon.  Its been 41 days since I'd expected the fix so we could flash modules and so we didn't have to kludge nwazet modules working.  Its been 34 days since we've had an update(and that indicated it'd be ready in December).  Been waiting for the 1 wire for shield base since like August.

#65 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

While i don't have any projects waiting, this is just a hobby for me, i have found that my Go just sits there collecting dust.

I hope an update will change that, but i think the Ethernet Module the think i'm waiting for.

I have realized that most projects i do asks for the NP2, but i still love the whole Go concept.

#66 mcinnes01

mcinnes01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'd like to see a virtual serial port module (not the shield base) for the go bus, this should be really easy, but it would mean people could get wifi modules (or ethernet) such as the gainspan wireless module and start using the GO! for network related projects now.

I wonder if there is an update also to the SPI issue discussed in this topic, has been determined that in 4.2.1 the SPI speed in the firmware was adjusted the wrong way ie delivering half speed, or is it that this is now correct and was wrong before in both the firmware and the Nwazet drivers?

I have a NWazet touch display, again had little use as I need 1-wire on the shield base, but the current issues are no show stopper, I just won't upgrade until everythings on the same page.

I look forward to an update,

Andy

#67 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Andy -- We'll add OneWire as the first new feature once the Shield Base firmware goes from beta to release.

NXTwoThou -- we're finishing up the January 2013 update for the Netduino SDK.  It includes updates for Netduino Plus 2, Netduino Go and Shield Base.

Chris

#68 mcinnes01

mcinnes01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Cool thanks chris

#69 pmcclory

pmcclory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I've got a Windows 8 x64 machine (HP Envy 3040nr) and when running the DfuSe Demo (v3.0.3) to upload the dfu file to my Netduino Go and the app crashes when running the 'verify' step--Running without this is obviously not the ideal, but without fail--even when run via the 'Verify' button, the app crashes with the following error (Windows event log):

Faulting application name: DfuSeDemo.exe, version: 3.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x4ecd2975Faulting module name: STDFUPRT.dll, version: 3.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4ecd296eException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0001075aFaulting process id: 0x1da8Faulting application start time: 0x01ce4b238beb0fd0Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)STMicroelectronicsSoftwareDfuSeBINDfuSeDemo.exeFaulting module path: C:Program Files (x86)STMicroelectronicsSoftwareDfuSeBINSTDFUPRT.dllReport Id: e51717de-b716-11e2-be7c-88532ed523c9Faulting package full name:Faulting package-relative application ID:

Using the .net Micro Framework Deployment Tool, I'm able to get back the proper values for versions on the device:

HalSystemInfo.halVersion:			   4.2.0.0HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo:		    Netduino Go (v4.2.1.0) by Secret Labs LLCHalSystemInfo.oemCode:				  34HalSystemInfo.modelCode:			    177HalSystemInfo.skuCode:				  4099HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber:	   00000000000000000000000000000000HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber:	   0000000000000000ClrInfo.clrVersion:					 4.2.0.0ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo:				  Netduino Go (v4.2.1.0) by Secret Labs LLCClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion:		 4.2.0.0SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.2.1.0SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Go (v4.2.1.0) by Secret Labs LLCSoftwareVersion.BuildDate:			  Nov  7 2012SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:	    410894FloatingPoint:						  TrueSourceLevelDebugging:				   TrueThreadCreateEx:						 TrueLCD.Width:							  0LCD.Height:							 0LCD.BitsPerPixel:					   0AppDomains:							 TrueExceptionFilters:					   TrueIncrementalDeployment:				  TrueSoftReboot:							 TrueProfiling:							  FalseProfilingAllocations:				   FalseProfilingCalls:						 FalseIsUnknown:							  False

I think this is ok, but I'd love it if someone could confirm for me.  Thanks!

#70 beastyboy

beastyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Hey Guys,

I trying to mimic the flashy Kit demo but I don't seem to get it to work.

I connect my go and use the update application and flash 4.2.2.1 into my go,.

I make sure I have erased any old application and I use the code that was posted in the forum.

I removed all references to the SL libaries and goBus.

When the application starts I immediately get an exception:

A first chance exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

This is my output screen dump:

Found debugger!

Found debugger!

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 805a70c, end 807d378

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GoBus (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: GoBusSerialTransport (1.4.1.0)

Assembly: NetduinoGo.ShieldBase (0.4.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.2.1.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.2.0.0)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: test (1.0.0.0)

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\GoBus.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\..\GoBusSerialTransport.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Time.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Users\Olaf\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Netduino\GO\PlayPWMLed\test\bin\Debug\le\test.exe', Symbols loaded.
The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

What suprises me is that the Gobus dll files are loaded enven if they are removed from the references and they are ofcourse not in the usings.

Any ideas ?

Cheers Olaf

Van SchOten Ict Diensten en Services
http://www.voids.nl

#71 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hey beastyboy,

The GoBus libraries are part of the Netduino Go firmware. They're added to projects in Visual Studio so that you can use them in your code...but they don't need to be deployed to the board.

What sample code is giving you troubles, in particular?

Chris

#72 beastyboy

beastyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Ulrik,

Unfortunately, you will also need to remove all of the Secretlab libraries.

Once you remove them you can try something like this:

using System;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;

namespace NetduinoGo_LightShow
{
    public class Program
    {

static PWM[] leds = new PWM[8];

public static void Main()
        {

leds[0] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_0, 100, 1, false);
            leds[1] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_1, 100, 1, false);
            leds[2] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_2, 100, 1, false);
            leds[3] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_3, 100, 1, false);
            leds[4] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_4, 100, 1, false);
            leds[5] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_5, 100, 1, false);
            leds[6] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_6, 100, 1, false);
            leds[7] = new PWM(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_7, 100, 1, false);

while (true)
            {
                LightCycle();
            }

}

public static void LightCycle()
        {
            int count = 3;
            while (count != 0)
            {
                count--;
                for (int ledIndex = 0; ledIndex < 8; ledIndex++)
                {
                    leds[ledIndex].Start();
                    Thread.Sleep(50);
                    leds[ledIndex].DutyCycle = .25;
                    Thread.Sleep(5);
                    leds[ledIndex].Stop();
                }
                for (int ledIndex = 7; ledIndex >= 0; ledIndex--)
                {
                    leds[ledIndex].Start();
                    Thread.Sleep(50);
                    leds[ledIndex].DutyCycle = .25;
                    Thread.Sleep(5);
                    leds[ledIndex].Stop();
                }
            }
        }

}

}

Here's what you get:

Hopefully in a future update, we'll be able to use the Goport LEDs with the SL libraries. Then I can add my Piezo buzzer and create some sirens sounds and have a pretty cool Police car simulator :)

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Chris,

I am trying the above code.

After creation of the first PWM channel the code throws an exception.

I have no modules attached to my GO.

I am running the 4.2.2.1 firmware.

Cheers Olaf

#73 beastyboy

beastyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Any ideas anyone  ?

#74 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Anyone tried to refurbish these Go thingys with something else?, so we can use them with some arduino software or something?

--
Asbjørn

#75 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

Hey Olaf,

The early versions of Netduino Go firmware enabled users to access the raw IO of the MCU pretty easily (to play with the LEDs, etc.) As we move towards full virtualization with GoBus 1.5, we'll need to expose those kinds of features in classes.

Asbjorn--if you want to hack on Netduino Go in C/C++, you can create apps in native C/C++ (like Arduino) and deploy via a MiniJTAG header. The ST-Link/V2 hardware is pretty inexpensive and there's a free version of Keil MDK for smaller apps.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.