Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Version: 4.2.1 (version 4.2.1.0)

This firmware requires use of the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK (QFE2) and Netduino 4.2.1.0 SDK.

With this firmware, you will have the following resources available for your code:
384KB Flash
100KB+ RAM

This firmware includes the following updates:
1. Pushbutton now works as reset button (unless used as GPIO)
2. Every GoPort LED is now PWM-enabled (PWM channels 0-7)
3. Bug fix: flash deployment should now work consistently
4. Bug fixes: to support Ambient Light, SD Card, and Ethernet modules
5. 4.2.1 SDK: RgbLed.SetColor(...) now supports arguments of type 'double'.

This update also includes the previous updates:
1. New GoBus feature: SerialPort support (COM2/COM3 on Shield Base)
2. New GoBus feature: SPI support (SPI1 on Shield Base)
3. New GoBus feature: InterruptPort (pins D0, D2-D13 on Shield Base)
4. GoBus enhancement: GoBus packets can now span multiple frames
5. GoBus bug fix: single-frame window now enforced for asynchronous events
6. Added preliminary support for GoBus 1.5 beta
7. GoBus 1.5 now supports Virtual I/O from any thread (including events)

To find the current version of your Netduino Go firmware:
1. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.2 > Tools
2. Run MFDeploy.exe. Be careful to run MFDeploy.exe and not MFDeploy.exe.config (as file extensions are hidden by default)
3. Plug your Netduino Go into your PC using a Micro USB cable.
4. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino Go should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it.
5. Select the Target menu, Device Capabilities option.
6. In the output box, find the "SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion" value. This is your firmware version.

To flash this firmware:
1. Detach your Netduino Go
2. Press and hold your Netduino Go's pushbutton while plugging it in via USB; this will put it in bootloader mode.
3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino Go using the STDFU Tester application
> a. Select the "Protocol" tab
> b. Press the "Create from Map" button
> c. Select the "Erase" radio button option
> d. Press the "Go" button
> e. Wait for erase process to complete
4. Flash the attached .DFU file using the ST DfuSe Demonstrator application (included with STDFU Tester)
> a. Locate the "Upgrade or Verify Action" pane (bottom-right pane)
> b. Press "Choose..." and select the attached DFU file
> c. Check the "Verify after download" option
> d. Press "Upgrade". It will take a few minutes to update your Netduino Go.
> e. Detach and reattach your Netduino Go (power cycle) or press "Leave DFU mode"

Enjoy, and please let us know if you run into any troubles.

Chris

Attached Files

#2 AlfredBr

AlfredBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I get this:

Locating source for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'. Checksum: MD5 {e5 85 7c 4b 3 ae bf 48 53 25 27 4c 59 33 b6 ff}
The file 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs' does not exist.
Looking in script documents for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'...
Looking in the projects for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'.
The file was not found in a project.
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\'...
The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs.
The debugger could not locate the source file 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'.

What (if anything) did I do wrong?

EDIT: Needs new Netduino SDK...once you update the Netduino SDK to 4.2.1 (get it from the downloads page) you are good-to-go!

#3 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I get this:

Locating source for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'. Checksum: MD5 {e5 85 7c 4b 3 ae bf 48 53 25 27 4c 59 33 b6 ff}
The file 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs' does not exist.
Looking in script documents for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'...
Looking in the projects for 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'.
The file was not found in a project.
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl\'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\'...
The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs.
The debugger could not locate the source file 'C:\Documents\Secret Labs\Projects\Production\GoBus\GoHub.cs'.

What (if anything) did I do wrong?

Hmmm, same AlfredBr. I'm afraid we may have to wait for the soon to be released new SDK. Man, could this day go any slower!!! I think my clock must be broken. Perhaps from me staring at it all night. :)

Steve

#4 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Hmmm, same AlfredBr. I'm afraid we may have to wait for the soon to be released new SDK. Man, could this day go any slower!!! I think my clock must be broken. Perhaps from me staring at it all night. :)

Steve

Multiple day light savings time, just keep setting the clock back each hour

#5 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

If someone got the display module from nwazet, could u please do me a favor and test it with this firmware? My application hangs when initializing the module. edit: still having trouble deploying to the Netduino Go..

ntools
TCP Listener (Beta) · FTP Server (Alpha)
Netduino Plus Go Module · Xml Parser
http://ntools.codeplex.com/

#6 NXTwoThou

NXTwoThou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

To fix the GoHub error, uninstall SDK v4.2 (QFE1), then use the link he provided at the start of the message to get SDK v4.2 (QFE2) and the new SDK(even though the topic is old, the links point to the new)

#7 NXTwoThou

NXTwoThou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I was hoping this was going to allow me to flash my DAQ, but, now I get a "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll in STM32Bootloader.cs for _socketLeds[0] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x16, false);

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi NXTwoThou, We may need to update the updater. Lots of new firmware...may take the weekend to get it all updated and posted. Chris

#9 AlfredBr

AlfredBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

This firmware includes the following updates:

2. Every GoPort LED is now PWM-enabled (PWM channels 0-7)

How do we do it?

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi Alfred,

2. Every GoPort LED is now PWM-enabled (PWM channels 0-7)[/code]

How do we do it?

We'll be exposing a GoPort method for this, but in the meantime...

Create a PWM class using Cpu.PWMChannel zero through seven (for ports 1-8).

Then just set the dutyCycle to a value between 0.0f and 1.0f.

Does that get you up and running with the LED via PWM?

Chris

P.S. The GoBus libraries reserve all the LEDs so that they can reflect the connected state of the GoBus modules...so PWM won't be able to access the pins. Be sure to create a NETMF "console application" if you want to play with the LEDs for the moment. Once the GoBus assemblies are included in your project, PWM for the LEDs won't work.

#11 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hi Chris, Thanks for providing the new firmware. We have upgraded to 4.2.1 and good News is that the debugger started working again and that LED and Potentiometer on Port 1 and 2 are running fine. However, NWAZET screen on Port 3 and serial communication on Port 5 seemed to stop working. Before we are digging deeper from our side, are there any changes we have to take care from our side due to the firmware update? Cheers Andi ;-)

#12 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

basically, the NWAZET screen starts with its yellow window and then after canvas.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket3); the program hangs... (the blue LED on Port 3 is on and the white LED on the NWAZET graphics card is on) serial communication on Port 5 seems to work fine so far

#13 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi Andi,

We have upgraded to 4.2.1 and good News is that the debugger started working again and that LED and Potentiometer on Port 1 and 2 are running fine.

However, NWAZET screen on Port 3 and serial communication on Port 5 seemed to stop working. Before we are digging deeper from our side, are there any changes we have to take care from our side due to the firmware update?

Glad that you're up and running with the new firmware.

I haven't tested the [nwazet gear on my Netduino Go yet, but it should work. There are a few exceptions which we accidentally suppressed in earlier firmware which were fixed in code review of the new firmware... If you have any troubles, we'd be happy to help [nwazet diagnose the issue.

What troubles are you having with serial communication on GoPort 5? I'm using a Shield Base here on a dedicated channel...but it has error correction so I suppose it could be hiding some serial comm issue ;)

Chris

#14 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I haven't tested the [nwazet gear on my Netduino Go yet, but it should work. There are a few exceptions which we accidentally suppressed in earlier firmware which were fixed in code review of the new firmware... If you have any troubles, we'd be happy to help [nwazet diagnose the issue.

I can confirm (as mentioned earlier), that the display module is broken with this firmware.

Btw, is there any news on TristatePort support on the Shieldbase? Doesn't seem to work yet :)

ntools

#15 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

If someone got the display module from nwazet, could u please do me a favor and test it with this firmware?

My application hangs when initializing the module.

edit: still having trouble deploying to the Netduino Go..

I tested new firmware today. Mine is ok. I deleted old gobus.dll and add new one

#16 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

I tested new firmware today. Mine is ok. I deleted old gobus.dll and add new one

hmm, thats strange.

I also deleted the GoBus.dll reference, and readded. I uninstalled the old SDK before installing the new one.

What version is your GoBus.dll? Mine is 1.0.0.0, created Nov. 7 2012, 02:43 (might be my local time)

ntools

#17 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

hmm, thats strange.

I also deleted the GoBus.dll reference, and readded. I uninstalled the old SDK before installing the new one.

What version is your GoBus.dll? Mine is 1.0.0.0, created Nov. 7 2012, 02:43 (might be my local time)

I downloaded today same link as above frm Chris

In my debug window...Assembly: GoBus (1.0.0.0).
U don't need installed SDK over and over again. Wait until new firmware as Chris mentioned b4

So far I can deploy many times w/out plug/unplug frm usb.

#18 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hi Chris, meanwhile, serial comm doesnt work anymore ;-), but we will try re-adding GoBus.dll and keep you updated. I have re-flashed to 4.2.0.0 in between today and NWAZET display worked well Cheers Andi

#19 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Chris, just reminding you about the issues about not being able to initialize the DAQ from Nwazet.

#20 iandi

iandi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hi Chris, meanwhile we have re-added GoBus.dll and nothing has changed, neither NWAZET screen nor serial comm are working. Could you please let us know what was changed in the firmware? At least it would be great to see the debugger telling us what goes wrong ;-) Also it would be cool if you could test all core functionalities before releasing a new firmware (sorry, I dont want to offend or to annoy anybody, as we see that you are doing a great job) So far, the new firmware release is a phantom for our developers as the code stopped working ;-)) Cheers Andi ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.