Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

zemuss's Content

There have been 69 items by zemuss (Search limited from 05-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37969 'AnalogInput' is an ambiguous reference after 4.2 RC1

Posted by zemuss on 25 October 2012 - 06:18 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris, The SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware name space doesn't include AnalogInput. I am getting the AnalogInput from the Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware and am wondering if that is correct or if not where else should I pull the Class from?

#37970 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 25 October 2012 - 06:33 PM in Project Showcase

Hotrod, have you upgraded this to 4.2 yet? if so did you have an issue with the AnalogInput in the Temp Project?

#37973 Netduino Console

Posted by zemuss on 25 October 2012 - 07:18 PM in Project Showcase

Bendage, If you need another C# developer let me know and I would love to help! I am just getting starts with the .NET Micro Framework, but can help if needed. I was thinking how it would be great to create some type of COMMON CODE that anyone could take and run with. "Z"

#38213 'AnalogInput' is an ambiguous reference after 4.2 RC1

Posted by zemuss on 30 October 2012 - 01:23 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I originally added that namespace, and received the following error: "Error 2 The type or namespace name 'AnalogInput' does not exist in the namespace 'SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Development\Code Examples\Netduino-Aquarium-Controller\Plugin-Temperature\Temperature.cs 5 33 Plugin-Temperature " So it doesn't seem the SecretLabs.NETMF.Harware has AnalogInput namespace.

#38214 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 30 October 2012 - 01:25 AM in Project Showcase

I just tried using the namespace recommended again and received this error "Error 2 The type or namespace name 'AnalogInput' does not exist in the namespace 'SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Development\Code Examples\Netduino-Aquarium-Controller\Plugin-Temperature\Temperature.cs 5 33 Plugin-Temperature" "Z"

#38234 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 30 October 2012 - 02:22 PM in Project Showcase

Ok I dropped all references and the code works. Minor tweak = AnalogInput ain = new AnalogInput(AnalogChannels.ANALOG_PIN_A0); HotRod let me know if you need any other help.

#38235 'AnalogInput' is an ambiguous reference after 4.2 RC1

Posted by zemuss on 30 October 2012 - 02:25 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

After upgrading from .NET MF 4.1 to 4.2 you need to remove the references then re-add each reference. THe issue is the path seems to be slightly different. So after re-adding and added this code AnalogInput ain = new AnalogInput(AnalogChannels.ANALOG_PIN_A0); it works.

#38259 Can't get digital out to work

Posted by zemuss on 30 October 2012 - 08:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Skar... I am new to the .Net Micro Framework and just new to netduino development all together. What I had to do when upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 is remove the references then re-add them. It makes sense because the assemblies are in different folders, so if you are using the 4.1 DLLS then the folder path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\4.1. However, if your using 4.2 it will point to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\4.2 path. I edited the post because having a DLL folder does not work as expected. I hope this made some sense. "Z"

#38312 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 01 November 2012 - 01:06 AM in Project Showcase

One of the things I want to do with the controller is create a website and data storage. I was thinking SQL express because I hate storing data in CSV files. Maybe a small access database? WHy did you pick JS versus using a XML document for the config file? Was the XML getting to big or was it just because of the parsing reasons?

#38337 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 01 November 2012 - 02:24 PM in Project Showcase

Strent

You can always use this code:

In the CalculateTemperature method, I added the following changes:
AnalogInput ain = new AnalogInput(AnalogChannels.ANALOG_PIN_A0);
// take 10 readings to even out the noise
float average = 0.0F;
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) { average += (int)ain.Read(); } // ain.Read(); }
average /= 10;

(int) before the ain.read will convert from double to integer.

#38352 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 01 November 2012 - 07:43 PM in Project Showcase

I am only thinking our loud here. But the netDuino can produce a txt file correct? So if it can dump the file to a location: ftp, SD card, Drive space. I can create a windows service that moves the file and uploads the data at a set interval. I don't want my netduino to host a server, I know it can't perform that task and SQL isn't that small. LOL.. What I want to do is Netduino records data to file then file is uploaded then file is processed to SQL server. Thoughts?

#38562 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by zemuss on 05 November 2012 - 06:01 PM in General Discussion

Maybe T24gYm9hcmQgV2lyZWxlc3MgPw==

#38585 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by zemuss on 05 November 2012 - 10:24 PM in General Discussion

This is making me Crazy!!

#38593 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 06 November 2012 - 03:56 AM in Project Showcase

I just received my netduino go, so let me get over the learning curve in the upcoming weeks and will be able to lend a hand. Currently in school and work full time as a .net programmer so im pretty booked.

#38594 Netduino Go Arrived

Posted by zemuss on 06 November 2012 - 04:00 AM in Netduino Go

Now its time to get to know this device. I bought the netduino go kit off of Amazon which came with the RGB Led (thinking im blind now), pot, shield (analog and PWM) and a button module. I was wondering if in the future I could use my Android as a display? Is there a module which has a mini USB, so that I can hook the Netduino Go to my computer and hook up the Android using it as a display? "Z"

#38617 Netduino Go Arrived

Posted by zemuss on 06 November 2012 - 04:24 PM in Netduino Go

Bump..

#38646 Netduino Go Arrived

Posted by zemuss on 06 November 2012 - 10:26 PM in Netduino Go

Ok I am going to research doing it another way. Thanks for the reply!

#38678 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 07 November 2012 - 05:54 PM in Project Showcase

Cool.. I would like to see your code if you can post it. Maybe start another thread and link to it?

#39514 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 16 November 2012 - 09:58 PM in Project Showcase

Thanks for posting the code. This is very nice! Is it ok if I use the code as a reference to start my project?

#41164 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 07 December 2012 - 06:09 PM in Project Showcase

Strent Where did you get the relay and does it work with a 120 volt source? I want to start building my power strip to manage pumps and lights. Thanks,

#41167 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 07 December 2012 - 06:22 PM in Project Showcase

I found the relay but where did you purchase it from? Has anyone heard of http://arduino-direc...ct_detail&p=156

#41562 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 14 December 2012 - 04:01 PM in Project Showcase

Ok cool its the same one.

#45279 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 11 February 2013 - 03:19 AM in Project Showcase

I need a little help guys. 

What should I try first? 

I would like to start putting the controller together.

#45280 Starting My Aquarium Controller (Need Help)

Posted by zemuss on 11 February 2013 - 03:22 AM in Netduino Go

Can someone help me get this off the ground? 

What should I do first? I am lost as what steps to follow.

Basically I would like to have it interface with my computer and use a windows application to display the Temp / PH and control the lights at a later point.

#45281 N+(2) Aquarium Controller

Posted by zemuss on 11 February 2013 - 03:54 AM in Project Showcase

http://adafruit.com/products/381 <-- would this temp sensor work on a Salt water tank?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.