Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 14-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12147 *.brd file ?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 April 2011 - 01:58 PM in General Discussion

BTW, we're working on a little something "Mega-style". More on that later.

I want to know :)

#12768 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 May 2011 - 10:18 PM in General Discussion

I Want one !

#12794 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM in General Discussion

Where is the Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer SDK ? Visual Studio Templates and all ...

#11498 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 31 March 2011 - 02:13 AM in General Discussion

there are some exciting tidbits in there that will be fun surprises. :)

I'm anxious to play with it ! I'll keep a budget for that !

#12991 ADC Reading wrong?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 02:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are you powering via USB? I believe it works fine when using external power supply other than USB. I am unsure if this is an issue with certain USB ports or all.

Indeed, it was stable when powered by an external 9V

#12983 ADC Reading wrong?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

the only problem that I am having is that the readings bounce all over the place. From 85-65F after i calculate it or 210-230 ADC value its reading.

I found that it takes about 10 seconds for the values to stabilize

Any ideas what could cause this?

Could it be that the current heats things up and it takes a while for everything to stabilize ?

#12987 ADC Reading wrong?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 01:29 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I looked at it using http://api.thingspea...ls/637/charts/2 and it looks relatively stable ... have you tried to see the average over a couple of readings to eliminate the jitter ?

#13204 Analog input varying too much on temp sensor (LM335A)

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 12:24 AM in General Discussion

Please note that the analog-digital converter on the Netduino is 10-bit, but it is not uncommon to lose 1- or 2-bits of accuracy with integrated microcontroller ADCs (for a variance of 2-4 on the 0-1023 scale).

I have been trying to get stable data from a LM335A Temperature sensor and I do get a variation of 3 to 4 out of 1023. You say this is normal ? When I look at the oscilloscope data, it is quite stable (better using 10 pF capacitor) but still a variance of 3 to 4 ... you say this is normal ? The variation on the oscilloscope is does not even equate 2 out of 1023 so why more variance ?

A variance of 3 would make sense since the LM335A Temperature sensor is 1C accuracy which equates to 3 out of 1023, therefore a variance of 3 would be exactly the accuracy of the sensor. Am I making sense here ? But the oscilloscope seems to be more stable than what the Analog pin gives out ... why would that be ? The voltage to be read is more stable than the values obtained by the analog pin reading ... why ?

I use 3.3V with a 300 Ohm resistor and a 10 pF capacitor.

I did see that I have 3.250 instead of 3.3 when I put the oscilloscope on the power thread on the breadboard ... why I do not know ... shouldn't be 3.3 ? (was using USB power)

#12696 Any help on a ParallelIn SerialOut Bitshifter?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 04:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Stefan, I looked at your code for bitshifter ... cool :) How can we integrate it with microliquidcrystal lcd class ? It is a question of integrating a new transport but I don't know how to do that lol And did I see correctly, you re-read all pins for each pin status read ? wonder why ! Keep the good work ! Check this link : http://geekswithblog...id_crystal.aspx A sample with connections and code would be cool ! Mike.

#12707 Any help on a ParallelIn SerialOut Bitshifter?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 09:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Remember I gave you that link in chat once? :D

LoL me and my short term memory ...

#11587 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 April 2011 - 04:47 PM in General Discussion

Any left ? Mike.

#13614 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 25 May 2011 - 05:52 PM in General Discussion

We are going to make our initial board run of 9 boards.

Do you need something more from me :)

#11597 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 April 2011 - 08:00 PM in General Discussion

Still new at all this but thinking of buying a couple of sensors to play with to understand what is at stake ... I liked the idea of having a 9dof sensor :) I'll add a GPS, Temperature and Barometer. Any good altimeter around ? And a few proximity sensors (for autonomous flying) ... Still need paypal prepayment of 40$ ? PM me ! Mike.

#12161 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 01:02 AM in General Discussion

Any updates ?

#11169 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 22 March 2011 - 01:45 AM in General Discussion

Imagine this setup : - a FPV quadcopter equiped with long range radio transmitter/receiver - a ground station with follow the drone equipment (up to 15km) - receiving video signal and telemetry - recording both - sending video signal and telemetry to windows phone - receive control information from phone - Transmit control information to drone - a windows phone to view the FPV video from the drone and control it ! You might need a couple microprocessor in the drone and a bigger system in the base station (multimedia based) First, get the quadcopter built ...

#11996 Are there any commercial products using NETMF?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 April 2011 - 12:27 PM in General Discussion

We actually work on quite a few commercial .NET MF-based electronics products (including mass-market ones) over on the commercial/consulting side of the business. Outside of that, I know that quite a few specialized products use .NET MF.

Chris ... we want names :) LOL I think Hanzibal wanted to have names ... Am I right ?

#12483 Best way to convert string to number

Posted by Michel Trahan on 25 April 2011 - 03:28 PM in Visual Studio

using System; ActualReading = Convert.ToUInt16(sActualReading);

#12979 Building a Twitter-enabled Geiger counter with a netduino+

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:21 AM in Project Showcase

The minute I have a budget for fun, this might be cool to discover the level of radiactivity I am at :)

#12236 C# Coding standards

Posted by Michel Trahan on 19 April 2011 - 12:59 PM in General Discussion

http://csharpguidelines.codeplex.com/

I'll check that one too !

I want to build a C# guidelines for .net MF code :) not a full blown .net, like a cheat sheet so thanks for the links !

#12233 C# Coding standards

Posted by Michel Trahan on 19 April 2011 - 12:43 PM in General Discussion

I came across this blog post with a nice set of C# coding standards at http://weblogs.asp.n...s-document.aspx

Will be looking at it to add some Coding Standards to my Netduino Tutorial :) If I can get at it ... been trying ... ok got it

#12244 C# Coding standards

Posted by Michel Trahan on 19 April 2011 - 04:15 PM in General Discussion

You may wish to read http://www.joelonsof...cles/Wrong.html where Joel Spolsky talks about the difference between Apps Hungarian and Systems Hungarian. (Scroll to to the bottom of the post to find it).

I believe Apps Hungarian is extremely useful, but quite frankly today with managed code Systems Hungarian has lost much of its usefulness.

Wow ! I was doing it all wrong LOL ! I was mixing up both System and Apps Hungarian, and prefering the Apps one but tried to continue on the System one too and hating it ... been off programming for 7 years ... thanks, now I know what to do, keep the good and throw the bad and ugly system hungarian from my habits :)

A big thanks for the article you point at ! Boy do I love it here, I learn so much !

#12262 C# Coding standards

Posted by Michel Trahan on 20 April 2011 - 12:39 AM in General Discussion

code comments lie. Maybe not today, maybe not next week; but when the code is changed, the comments are almost never updated to reflect the new reality.

Got that right lol

#12688 can I just bootload NET MF clr onto an ARM7 chip?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 12:49 PM in General Discussion

Have you looked into using the Netduino Mini?

When did this link appear ? Where is it on the main page ? LOL

#12924 Charlieplexing: Now uses the TristatePort class

Posted by Michel Trahan on 07 May 2011 - 03:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Now I understand why the tristate ports exist in the first place :) Thanks ! If I understand correctly your code, you are missing the ability to turn on with no time limit, and one to turn off later on, which would be needed for the digital clock or do you turn on a pattern for 1 second at a time (if you wanted one with seconds) ? Meaning, you code is blocking no ? you have to wait for it to be done to move to another one. Say turn on a pattern, do something and when done turn to another pattern. Just a thought :)

#12684 Code Contracts

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 12:19 PM in General Discussion

We might consider to study a special "good-practice" guidance for tiny boards like Netduino.

That would be perfect for a tutorial :) Perfect for newbies like me that want to learn the best practice on MF :)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.