Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

monewwq1's Content

There have been 104 items by monewwq1 (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#15308 PWM inputs and RGB LEDs

Posted by monewwq1 on 11 July 2011 - 12:34 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I am trying to determine how to get accurate color representation of RGB values with a Netduino's PWM inputs. Specifically, I had worked with an Arduino and the range of the PWM inputs was 0 to 255. On the Netduino, the range is 0 to 100. I want to be able to generate colors based on a scale of 0 to 255 for red, green, and blue. I was able to do this easily with the Arduino. You can see my video of RGB LED color generation with an Arduino. I am unsure how to do this with Netduino. I know that there is a SetPulse and SetDutyCycle function, but I can't seem to figure out how to get a range of 0 to 255 so that I can represent monitor RGB LED values. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#15559 RGB LED color control via web page with Netduino Plus

Posted by monewwq1 on 16 July 2011 - 10:27 PM in Project Showcase

Hi all, I've been playing around with controlling RGB LEDs with my new Netduino Plus. I set up a server on the Netduino that listens for requests on Port 80. Then I built a web page with a color picker control that sends commands to the Netduino. The web page runs on a separate web server on my laptop. The Netduino parses the commands into individual R,G, and B values for the LED. I am using a common anode RGB LED from Radio Shack, connected to three PWM inputs on the Netduino. Here's a demo: I am trying to get a better algorithm for the color generation. Right now I am using SetDutyCycle, but I think the SetPulse method would provide even better color generation. If anyone wants to look at the C# project and maybe help me with the color generation code, just let me know and I will post it.

#15767 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by monewwq1 on 22 July 2011 - 12:49 AM in Project Showcase

I bought a Netduino Plus but decided I really need to go wireless, so I picked up a Gainspan WiFi breakout board from Sparkfun (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10505) and after some fiddling with the AT commands, I was able to get a WiFi connection going.

#15795 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by monewwq1 on 22 July 2011 - 07:14 PM in Project Showcase

Yes, no problem. I will post the code in a few hours this weekend. I'll provide some details on how to connect it as well.

#15804 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by monewwq1 on 23 July 2011 - 03:18 AM in Project Showcase

Hi all,

The project files are attached. There are comments in the project indicating how to connect the Gainspan module to the Netduino. The code contains very little error handling, as this is currently in the experimental stage.

Here are links to the documents I consulted to put this together:

#15840 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by monewwq1 on 24 July 2011 - 12:01 AM in Project Showcase

Hi, I re-factored the code today. There were issues with the DataReceived event and commands processed way too slowly. Now the commands are near-instantaneous to respond. This also adds the ability for multiple clients to control the LED, and I also added a small PC fan to the circuit, controllable via one of the PWM outputs on the Netduino Plus. The code update is attached.

#15965 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by monewwq1 on 27 July 2011 - 12:52 PM in Project Showcase

Dumb question. Can this be used with a regular Netduino (not Plus)?

Yes, this can be used with the regular Netduino as well.

#16124 2gb microSD card read speed

Posted by monewwq1 on 31 July 2011 - 11:37 PM in Project Showcase

I have a 2gb microSD card that I pulled from my Blackberry and I plugged it into my Netduino Plus, and I noticed that it is very slow to read files. It is even slow when using a USB-to-microSD card reader. I am comparing to the speed of a standard USB drive. Are USB read times normally faster than microSD, or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to read USB drives with a Netduino, i.e. with a compatible USB shield or something? I need faster read times somehow. Even a 20kb file takes too long.

#16125 Lithium batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 31 July 2011 - 11:41 PM in General Discussion

What is the best way to add Lithium batteries to a Netduino project? I need to be able to power the Netduino and connected devices via the Lithium battery and also recharge the Lithium battery via USB. I want it to all be self-contained, so that I will be able to simply plug a USB cable into the interface and charge the battery while also powering the Netduino and connected devices. What should I use?

#16129 2gb microSD card read speed

Posted by monewwq1 on 01 August 2011 - 12:54 AM in Project Showcase

Could be a problem with the SD card... I'm re-formatting it now. I don't have a second one around to try. Perhaps the issue is more related to my code and what I am doing. I am reading a file off of the SD card via a Filestream, and then I am sending the data out onto the Netduino's UART to another device. I am sending it at 1024 bytes at a time, but I wonder if I am running into speed issues because of the fact that I'm re-assembling it for transport onto the UART. The other device also then has to process it. I'm not sure where the bottleneck is. I'd like to think it isn't my code, but that's also possible.

#16130 Lithium batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 01 August 2011 - 01:00 AM in General Discussion

I actually bought this the other day: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10300, along with this cell: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/339. Do you know if the Power Cell - LiPo Charger/Booster will allow me to keep my project plugged in while also charging the lithium battery? I couldn't find a clear answer on that. I don't want to have to remove the battery and unplug my Netduino in order to charge it.

#16132 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by monewwq1 on 01 August 2011 - 01:09 AM in Project Showcase

Hi all, For those interested, just an update on this Gainspan module- please note that in order to obtain the newest firmware and future updates, you will need to sign a mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement with Gainspan. I wasn't real happy about having to do this, but it was relatively painless and the new firmware opened up a world of more possibilities. It took me 8 days to get my NDA approved.

#16219 LiPo batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 03 August 2011 - 03:03 AM in General Discussion

Hi! I bought a 3.7v 1000mAh single cell LiPo battery and a LiPo charger/boost converter (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10300), but I don't understand how I can wire the LiPo battery to my Netduino Plus. Can I connect the LiPo battery to VIN and GND? Since I am only getting 5V from the battery, I don't think VIN and GND will work. Where do I plug in the battery to power my Netduino? Thanks! Nick

#16279 LiPo batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 03 August 2011 - 10:23 PM in General Discussion

Thanks CW2!!

#16280 SQLite

Posted by monewwq1 on 03 August 2011 - 10:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Does anyone know if it is possible to install SQLite on a microSD card and then access the database engine using the .NET Micro Framework from my Netduino Plus? I need to add a database to my Netduino Plus project and I do not want to have to run a web server/database on a separate computer. I need the database access to be self-contained on the MCU's SD card. If there is any way to do this, even if it is not using SQLite but some other database engine, please let me know. I would rather not use flat files for storage.

#16289 SQLite

Posted by monewwq1 on 04 August 2011 - 01:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Would it? :) If I figure it out I'll let you know. I've done extensive searches and don't see any reference to this, but maybe there's someone out there who knows.

#16290 SQLite

Posted by monewwq1 on 04 August 2011 - 01:20 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This ChipworX module has built-in Sqlite support: http://www.saelig.com/NMFP/NMF010.htm I bet the Netduino doesn't have enough processing power to handle database access.

#16291 SQLite

Posted by monewwq1 on 04 August 2011 - 01:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

There's also this little reference to 32-bit MCU's and Sqlite: http://www.microchip...ms/m469667.aspx

#16292 SQLite

Posted by monewwq1 on 04 August 2011 - 01:33 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hmmm, I think I just figured it out. :D

#16327 SQLite

Posted by monewwq1 on 04 August 2011 - 01:35 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Well unfortunately it didn't work. I tried using this: http://system.data.s.../www/index.wiki, and it looked like it was going to work, but because .Net MF doesn't provide access to System.Data.*, the code doesn't actually load onto the Netduino. Mario, protocol-buffers is an interesting idea, although I'd really like to get Sqlite working. But it sounds like I would have to work a miracle. :D

#16391 Diffusing LEDs

Posted by monewwq1 on 06 August 2011 - 04:03 PM in General Discussion

Hi all, I am using some small LEDs for a project, and the goal is to create a small light fixture. I am trying to find a good material to use to diffuse the light from the LEDs. I have looked at theatrical gel filters, but these are flimsy and impermanent. Is there a way to use a piece of Lexan and coat it with diffusion material? If so, what diffusion material would work best? Or is there some kind of plastic like Lexan that already has a suitable diffusion coating? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#16676 Lithium batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 13 August 2011 - 12:21 AM in General Discussion

Looks like you can.

Chris- yes, this setup works great.

#16777 Two Netduinos connected to single PC via USB

Posted by monewwq1 on 16 August 2011 - 11:18 PM in General Discussion

I need to deploy some C# code onto two Netduinos but each Netduino requires different code. Is it possible to connect both Netduino's, at the same time, to a single laptop via two USB ports on the laptop? In C#, will the device name change from "NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus" to NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus_1" or something so that I can select which Netduino to target?

#16802 Two Netduinos connected to single PC via USB

Posted by monewwq1 on 17 August 2011 - 10:27 PM in General Discussion

I guess I'm going to be forced to try this on my own. I will let you know the outcome. :)

#16806 Two Netduinos connected to single PC via USB

Posted by monewwq1 on 18 August 2011 - 12:14 AM in General Discussion

Yes, exactly. You can also rename one of them to something more permanent by using the Target > Configuration > USB option in MFDeploy.

For instance, you could name one "NetduinoPlus_PeanutButter" and the other "NetduinoPlus_Jelly". [Bonus: if they ever become sentient, they'll already be friends...]

Naming them is probably the best option...because them it won't matter which order they're plugged in...Visual Studio will always recognize them by their custom names.

Chris

Excellent. Thanks again, Chris.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.