Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Nicky's Content

There have been 78 items by Nicky (Search limited from 03-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37204 Windows 8 support

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 06:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has tried connecting a Netduino Plus to a Windows 8 PC? I have installed SDK's and so, and the Netduino Plus is recognised as a Netduino, but newer shows up in Visual Studio. Netduino Go works fine...

#37206 Windows 8 support

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 07:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Nicky,

I'm running Netduino, Netduino Plus, Netduino Mini, and Netduino Go on my Windows 8 machine. All running the latest firmware.

Netduino Plus uses the new WinUSB drivers. Can you please check that you've updated .NET MF 4.2 to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK on your computer?

Chris

The machine is at home, so I can't check atm, but I'm nearly a hundred percent sure that I never have had another SDK than 4.2 QFE2 installed. The Windows installation is only about a month old :s

Btw, at first I installed Netduino 4.2 SDK, when that didn't work I removed the Netduino SDK and installed Netduino 4.1 SDK and 4.2 SDK again.

Windows recognised is as a Netduino device, but it just don't show up :s

#37225 Windows 8 support

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 03:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Nicky,

I'm running Netduino, Netduino Plus, Netduino Mini, and Netduino Go on my Windows 8 machine. All running the latest firmware.

Netduino Plus uses the new WinUSB drivers. Can you please check that you've updated .NET MF 4.2 to the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK on your computer?

Chris

Goddammit.. I have QFE1 installed... I downgraded because I was trying to recompile the source.. idiot.

Thanks Chris! I'll bring my precious with me home one of the next days, and see if that solves the problem. :)

#36760 WebRequest takes a long time

Posted by Nicky on 08 October 2012 - 07:13 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

JoRu1407: Great. I'm glad I was able to help you (with a little help from Kem :P) Kem: Why sorry? I didn't post my reply, as an objection to yours. I simply didn't see your post, write my reply and press submit in about one minute... we posted at the sametime. Barging in... you came with a valid, well argumentet and well formulated input. Come here so I can pet you instead! ;)

#36674 WebRequest takes a long time

Posted by Nicky on 07 October 2012 - 10:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ah sorry... told you that I wrote it to a desktop environment ;) Try something like this instead... I still didn't have chance to test on a device, or see my own code...

Try:

public static void InStateToServer(int port)
{
   IPHostEntry host = Dns.GetHostEntry("192.168.2.231");
   IPEndPoint endPoint = new IPEndPoint(host.AddressList[0], 80);

using (Socket socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp))
   {
      socket.Connect(endPoint);

using (NetworkStream ns = new NetworkStream(socket))
      {
         byte[] bytes = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("GET /decoder_control.cgi?command=" + port + "&user=admin&pwd=abc HTTP/1.1\r\n");
         ns.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
      }
   }
}

#36524 WebRequest takes a long time

Posted by Nicky on 04 October 2012 - 02:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try doing this instead

public static void InStateToServer(int port)
{
   using (Socket socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp))
   {
      socket.Connect("192.168.2.231", 80);

using (NetworkStream ns = new NetworkStream(socket))
      {
         byte[] bytes = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("GET /decoder_control.cgi?command=" + port + "&user=admin&pwd=abc HTTP/1.1\r\n");
         ns.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
      }
   }
}

It's way more lightweight, and as a bonus you can get rid of the System.Http reference :)

Note: I didn't have my Netduinos here, so I've written the code in a Console application, but I don't think there is any difference...

edit: forgot "GET" + "HTTP/1.1"

#38864 VS hanging at "Preparing to deploy assemblies to the device"

Posted by Nicky on 09 November 2012 - 05:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

When unplugging, remember to cancel the deployment. If not, you risk getting BSOD.

#40412 Use SPOT.Presentation with the Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Nicky on 29 November 2012 - 10:49 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Without being 100% sure, I think you will have to recompile the Netduino firmware, so that it includes Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation... The reason is, that I think the SPOT classes calls native code in the firmware. If you haven't bought a display yet, Fabien has made a guide on how to conncect a nwazet] Display Module to a Netduino.

#37272 TristatePort Issue

Posted by Nicky on 16 October 2012 - 08:35 AM in Netduino Go

I get nearly the same error: this.portOut = new TristatePort(this.pinOut, true, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled); Throws System.Exception in GoBusSerialTransport.dll Callstack: GoBusSerialTransport.dll!GoBus.Utility.CRC8.SendDataPacket Line 1009 + 0xcf bytes NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll!NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.CreateTristatePort(Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Cpu.Pin portId, bool initialState, bool glitchFilter, Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port.ResistorMode resistor) Line 316 + 0x5d bytes [External Code] MyCode The line that throws exception is the closing bracket in SendDataPacket... And this time I checked the dll-versions: Shieldbase Beta 4 GoBusSerialTransport 1.4.1.0 NetduinoGo.Shieldbase 0.3.0.0 GoBus 1.0 Running .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 edit: The pin is not in use. I've tried several different pins - D6, D7, D11, D12 to be specific. edit 2: It's the same scenario when I have nothing else initlialized on the Shieldbase.

#37018 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 11 October 2012 - 09:01 AM in Netduino Go

It's useful as memory, just not code memory. You can store resources to it, but also use it as virtual memory. Fabien, one of the guys behind Nwazet, once wrote a nice class for this: netduino.helpers.Helpers.VirtualMemory.

Aah okay, so I won't be able to load assemblies with reflection, and expect that to run, but datas and stuff can be placed in a VM?

Att: Chris, sounds like more great news! It seems like the most of my worries are going to be taken care of... this is indeed an interesting platform! I smell tons of potential here.

#37012 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 11 October 2012 - 06:01 AM in Netduino Go

Thanks for the answers.

It's not currently possible to add RAM externally (partially because you'd want a _really_ fast memory bus for that). If there's enough demand for extra RAM, we could create a higher-end Netduino Go in the future with additional on-board RAM.

So that means what Stefan said ain't gonna be possible? Using SD as memory. I know that the unit will lose a lot of speed, but at some point it might be worth it.

We could enable reflashing over an Ethernet or Serial module in a future update. Today you'll want to use USB.

Okay, just thought it might could be possible. Bummer... currently I have a 320 kb application which needs to be updateable... Might be time to clean up the Dpws/System.Http/System.Xml assemblies, sigh :D

We'll be enabling the pushbutton on Netduino Go as a reset button. There is also a watchdog on the microcontroller which we could logically hook up to an external GoBus button/module/IO. Or kicked via code...lots of options to explore.

So what you say are, if I need to ensure a stable product, I have to find another board than the NGo, since there is NO, and not coming, ANY method to reset a hanging system?

#36967 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM in Netduino Go

Wow a quick reply.. another + in my book. Sweet news about the SD module - does that mean that the NGo in theory would be able to have gigabytes of memory, and then run huuge programs loaded with reflection? The Hub sounds like exactly what I was hoping for! About the reset.. does that mean, that if the NGo hangs, there is no way to reset it, except from cutting the power? Thanks ;)

#36963 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 10 October 2012 - 03:14 PM in Netduino Go

Hi there.

First off, even through the limited selection of modules (atm), and the annoying Erase/Flash/Deploy bug, I'm quite impressed by the Go, and from what it looks like, lot's of great stuff are happening in the future! But when that's said, I've got a few questions. My knowledge in hardware is very limited, but I think I got the basics.

1. Memory capacity
Is it possible, in any way, to expand the code- and/or memory space on the Netduino Go? Can the code space be made able for memory?

If the answer is no, does anyone have to experience/recommendations on how to do so? Currently I've got a NGo and a N+ connected through serial, where the N+ is acting like a modem/storagedevice. The connection is made through the COM-ports, is this the best method?

2. Socket expansion
Are there any plans for a module which expands the total number of sockets?

3. Power capacity
How much stuff can the NGo power? Imagine a couple of Shieldbases, a dozen of relays, Ethernet module, SD Module, touch display and some more.. That would require an external power supply, right?

4. Remote updating
Since the NGo is able to flash the Shieldbase, is it then possible to make another device flash a NGo?

5. Reset
Is it somehow possible to attach a reset wire to the NGo?

6. SPI
I've read a little about SPI, but I'm not sure if I get it. Does SPI make it possible to establish a serial-connection with multiple devices through the same three wires?

Thanks. :)

#37026 Some questions about Netduino Go

Posted by Nicky on 11 October 2012 - 09:30 AM in Netduino Go

Oh yes, you can load assemblies with reflection too. Fabien wrote code for that too: netduino.helpers.Helpers.SDResourceLoader.

It wil require some memory on the device as well though; it'll load the assembly in the available memory.

Yeah, I'm already loading assemblies with reflection, but I was wondering if it was possible to load assemblies into a virtual memory...

#36543 Socket exception

Posted by Nicky on 04 October 2012 - 08:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

It's a long shot, but try change socketServer.Listen(1); to a higher number..

#37214 Shield Base Firmware (beta 4)

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 11:34 AM in Netduino Go

Am I the only one, who gets "AsyncEventReceived | profile: 128; instance: 6; function: 5" everytime an InterruptPort gets interrupted?

#37265 Shield Base Firmware (beta 4)

Posted by Nicky on 16 October 2012 - 06:44 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Nicky,

Are you using the NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll that came with beta 4 (v0.3)?

Chris

:facepalm: !!!!

I don't know what I was thinking yesterday... first the Win8 thing, and now this.. Thanks.

#41931 Shield Base Firmware (beta 4)

Posted by Nicky on 20 December 2012 - 11:59 AM in Netduino Go

Oh ffs... so that means, that I always will have to multiply the returned value with the voltage? Sigh, these electronics are killing me! :D Thanks mate. ;)

#41925 Shield Base Firmware (beta 4)

Posted by Nicky on 20 December 2012 - 10:29 AM in Netduino Go

Has anyone experienced, that their analog readings are wrong? Measured directly on the sensor, i get a value of 0.47v but Shieldbase reads 0.14v... it seems to be dividing the actual value with the voltage...

#39402 Send data to remote php server

Posted by Nicky on 15 November 2012 - 08:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Take a look at this: http://forums.netdui...dpost__p__36674

#36168 SD Card Module Update

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 01:59 PM in Netduino Go

24 hours?, sounds like bad planning. ;)
Do something like this if you have access to spi: http://elasticsheep....h-an-atmega168/

Nah, the release date is in less than 24 hours ;) Or at least according to http://nwazet.com/gosd and http://shop.microfra...ctOut.aspx/4801 .... and if Fabien, who I expect is the reseller at nwazet.com doesn't know anything, it doesn't seem good...

That link does seem kind of interresting through... thanks ;)

#36160 SD Card Module Update

Posted by Nicky on 28 September 2012 - 01:01 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris,
We're a couple days away from September 29th and we have not heard from you on the availability of the SL SD card reader.
Can you please provide us with an update?
Thanks,-Fabien.

God damn I hope those modules are ready for shipping in about 24 hours... otherwise I might have brought a NGo Startkit, Shieldbase and other stuff, that I can't use for my finals anyways :s

#37203 Running out of memory

Posted by Nicky on 15 October 2012 - 06:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

To make a HTTP request with a Socket, see http://forums.netdui...es-a-long-time/ Replace GET with POST. Refer to HTTP 1.1 documentation for posting datas.

#40243 Replacing texst in strings

Posted by Nicky on 26 November 2012 - 05:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I usually make an extension:

public static class Extensions 
    {
        public static string Replace(this string str, string what, string with)
        {
            int index = -1;

while ((index = str.IndexOf(what)) != -1)
            {
                if (index > 0)
                {
                    str = str.Substring(0, index) + with + str.Substring(index + what.Length);
                }
            }

return str;
        }
    }

And then uses it by:

string str = "something";
str.Replace("\r", "");

#38142 Read and write over same serial port?

Posted by Nicky on 28 October 2012 - 08:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I tried doing the same thing, but got some random exceptions when trying to convert the bits to chars! I threw my code away, and began to use the go!bus protocol, posted by Chris somewhere on the forums. I then connected my Go and Plus as shown on this picture: http://fabienroyer.f...-schematics.png (Thanks Fabien) + I connected the UART pins on D2+D3 on the Plus (COM2). I'll bet you can connect to regular Netduinos the same way. The reason that I recommend this solution, is that the protocol already includes framing, acks, naks and crc. It does also seem to be working way faster, than just connection the two UART pins, but it might be my original code which was slow, since I think that I still communicate with throug UART - but I really don't know to be honest. But it's might worth a try :)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.