Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Ellen's Content

There have been 65 items by Ellen (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#35966 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 25 September 2012 - 02:35 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris, PWM problem solved in the update, servo is working fine now. Thank you. Ellen

#38488 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 04 November 2012 - 10:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello Chris may I have your attention. We have notice that the Netduino Plus hangs when the socket.Connect is called when the internet connection is down after the N+ starts up. The only option was a reset. I have placed a full working example here: http://forums.netdui...es/page__st__20 You can run the code and on the same time stop the internet connection in your router. Then you see the error. My question, can you confirm this "bug" and do you have a workaround for it because writing to the Internet is het core of my program. Sometimes the internet connection is down here for a few minutes. I did a attempt with 4.3 beta but deploying to the N+ was without any succes.

#38543 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 05 November 2012 - 08:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

The best option is to use the new NETMF 4.3 release. You can use the beta SDK--but it won't change the firmware on your board. The first NETMF 4.3 beta firmware should be available this month.

Chris

Thank you Chris, we are waiting for the 4.3 beta this month. We hope the internet glitch is than solved.

@Travor, you did not install (correct) the Netduino driver, please read all the steps to install at the begin.

#33913 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 19 August 2012 - 06:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

The .NET MF team updated the SD card drivers in .NET MF 4.2. If there are any cards which worked with 4.1.1 but aren't working with the official 4.2 release, we want to make sure we get those supported.

Can you please provide the manufacturer and model number of your card, and we'll try to get one here to test against?

Chris

It took a while....
Chris, Stefan, I start with the bottom line, There is no way that we could read or write from the mini SDcard. I think there is a lot to re-write and test in the system.dll
What we did: purchased a second N+ and a second 4 gieg mini SDcard. Just to exclude that the first N+ or card was broken.
We did test it in the most unthinkable way and code, mixed...in ...out...power recycle...format....other computer, ....you name it, we did it.
Those who have a working SDcard must see themselves as the lucky ones. If there is someone who can tell ... with these steps and program code it must go well...
Ellen

#33747 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 16 August 2012 - 08:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Is there in this version 4.2.0.1 support for the SD HC 8 gieg card? Dim fs As FileStream = File.Create("\jj.txt") error: An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in System.IO.dll If there is not than i can stop with finding out. gr Ellen

#33712 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 15 August 2012 - 07:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, You did not tell that also Netduino SDK 4.2.0.1 and .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.2Q2 is needed Without windows can not recognize the Netduino. Ellen

#33931 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 20 August 2012 - 07:42 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

I just checked with Chris and tested it on my own Netduino Plus.
SDHC is not yet supported in 4.2. The only firmware it is supported in right now is 4.1.1.1 beta.

Community member Kodedaemon worked on the SDHC support in the previous release, but Microsoft has made some major changes to SD support so they must be re-evaluated.

I must say I sympathize with you, I wished SDHC support would be in this release too, but until then, you are stuck with <=2GB cards (which are still widely available and cheap btw!)

Thanks Stefan, Chris,
Now we have clearness in this case. Now i can stop thinking about what did I wrong, what didn't I see. I buy a 2gieg and let you know.
Ellen

#36514 Introducing Netduino Plus -- Notes

Posted by Ellen on 04 October 2012 - 09:59 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Is there somewhere a WishList for the Netduino Plus. I want to add on the list for the next generation N+ please, more memory. And my friend and my father hates that the arduino can do more with the serialport (invert Rx/Tx), so he wish to add that too :rolleyes: greetings Ellen.

#39461 Introducing Netduino Plus -- Notes

Posted by Ellen on 16 November 2012 - 03:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

With the Netduino Plus V2 is one problem solved, more memory. One to go the serial invert Rx.Tx. We want to beat the Arduino in every way. We are looking forward when the Netduino V2 is available in the Netherlands. Ellen.

#34718 Sending mail with a Netduino Plus

Posted by Ellen on 06 September 2012 - 07:51 AM in Project Showcase

Hi :)

Now it's possible to send mails through an SMTP server. The class doesn't have authentication yet, but it works! :D

Stefan, when do you think that authentication will be implement in this class.
I need to sent once a day some data with the netduino but the mail server ask for authentication.
Ellen

#38424 Insights into DHCP issues

Posted by Ellen on 03 November 2012 - 12:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Now Baxter, I can exactly tell you what is wrong.!

The Netduino will hang when you have a internet connection but after a while the IP provider stops the connection for a reason.

Do While True

Try
                Debug.Print("begin " & DateTime.Now.ToString)

OnboardLed.Write(True)

Dim IPEndPoint As New IPEndPoint(Dns.GetHostEntry("api.pachube.com").AddressList(0), 80)

Using Host As Socket = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)

Host.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Tcp, SocketOptionName.NoDelay, True)
                    Host.SendTimeout = 3000
                    Host.ReceiveTimeout = 1000

'WITH internet connection it wil run perfect, but now without internet (after you had a connection)'
                    '  and still on the local network then..........'

Debug.Print("WHEN INTERNET connection fails after a time, than the NETDUINO HANG!!!!")

Host.Connect(IPEndPoint)  'It will hang here.!'

Debug.Print("Oké, stil connection")

End Using

Catch ex As Exception
                Debug.Print("error " & ex.Message) 'no error will show here'
            End Try

OnboardLed.Write(False)
            Debug.Print("sleep")
            Thread.Sleep(10000)

Loop

#37344 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 17 October 2012 - 09:07 PM in Visual Basic Support

Try ToString("#.##")

No, I have tried:

#### Exception System.ArgumentException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message:
#### System.Number::ValidateFormat [IP: 003f] ####
#### System.Number::Format [IP: 0008] ####
#### System.Single::ToString [IP: 000d] ####
#### NetduinoPlusApplication1.Module1::Main [IP: 001c] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

#37339 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 17 October 2012 - 07:56 PM in Visual Basic Support

Hello to all,
I have a litte problem and I have a workaround, but I am wondering howto solve this with Globalisation? I suppose?

Sub Main()

Dim sngExampleA As Single = 1234.5678
        Dim sngExampleB As Single = 1234.5678

Debug.Print(sngExampleA.ToString)
        'result 1234.56775    '

Debug.Print(sngExampleB.ToString("N2"))
        'result 1,234.57      '

End Sub

I want the 2 decimals but I do not want the comma in the result so 1234.57
But how program this in VB?
Thank you Ellen

#37346 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 17 October 2012 - 09:09 PM in Visual Basic Support

ToString("F2")

??

Yes Thats the solution, thank you Dr Jaymz.

#37425 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 19 October 2012 - 01:06 PM in Visual Basic Support

Yay.... I am so used to using String.Format that I really miss it, but obviously handling strings on a puny system like this is always going to be slow or memory intensive. I'm glad that F2 works for you and I don't know why I can't find it documented anywhere.

Yes Dr. Jaymzas, as a student (in hobby VB) I have search on the Internet, but nothing. Is it not strange, Microsoft wants so badly to promote the Micro environment but document it badly. (in my opinion)

#33157 OnBoard MicroSD

Posted by Ellen on 06 August 2012 - 07:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Most 1 or 2 GB ones work. There was a beta version that the 4 & 8 GB worked, but that code is not in 4.2 that I know of, so you are stuck with 1 & 2 GB.

For me, the SD card also is not working because I bought a 8 gieg. (bigger counts :-))
I think the store (mediamarkt) will not exchange the card for a smaller one.

Is there any chance that the SD Card 4&8 Gb support will be implemented in the version 4.2
Because I program in VB, I am stuck on version 4.2
BTW, VB and 4.2 works very well.
Ellen

#33322 PV Solar logging. with source code.

Posted by Ellen on 09 August 2012 - 11:14 AM in Visual Basic Support

Hi you all,
We want to contribute our program sources for Solar data logging.
I know it is not the most streamlined sources but with a little imagination and patience.....
Found some code here and there and edit it.

With 2 servo's for Watt and KWH Like a clock.
A display for Time, Temperature of the Solar panels, Watt and KWH.
2 LED for write to internet and read the Electric SO port. http://www.groepenka...kel-tarief.html

Write to 3 internet servers , Cosm.com, ThingSpeak and PVoutput.
Read the time from internet into the Netduino

and the Google Gauges ThingSpeak HTML file.
Just run the html file.

Thanks to everybody especially Stefan for his help.

Attached Files

#33356 PV Solar logging. with source code.

Posted by Ellen on 10 August 2012 - 06:00 AM in Visual Basic Support

Ohh that's awesome! Luckely you'll get a lot of sun in the next few days :)

Hi Stefan, I am looking forward to the nice weather, we did have a long raining period and we are almost depressed by the bad weather. But after rain there is .....
greeting Ellen

#33704 Help upgrading TinyBooter using SAM-BA 2.12

Posted by Ellen on 15 August 2012 - 07:00 PM in General Discussion

Yes, please upgrade to the new Netduino 4.2 SDK. The August 2012 update (currently posted version) includes the WinUSB drivers you'll need.

Chris

Atmel offline.... any other site for downloading Samba.?.

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.d70e4bd5.1345056762.110efaf

#30678 Thermometer Reading, 3rd App using VB

Posted by Ellen on 14 June 2012 - 10:18 AM in Visual Basic Support

Thanks Stefan, did not thought of that. Cool, going to try this code immediately.

I am a newbee and I know, it is an old post.

Is it right to do it like this, rounding up.?.

dim dblSecsAndMsecs as Double = 12345.6789
Debug.Print(dblSecsAndMsecs.ToString("N0"))

N = numeric and the zero is for no decimals, so 2 decimals = N2

#36583 .NET MF 4.3 beta

Posted by Ellen on 05 October 2012 - 03:40 PM in General Discussion

Chris, may I have your attention on this case. Is there any attention of you or/and MS for the bad connenction and deployment of the program files to the Netduino+ with MS VB express. It seems that when we plugin a new Netduino+ (after we have have done update to 4.2 with Samba and mfdeploy on another machine) and want to deploy the program file to the N+, VB take's some time for "a solution" and then lose the connection. After plugin and out etc reset the computer and try again...pppffff VB starts the transfer in the best case or hangs otherwise waiting for deployment. Ellen.

#37217 .NET MF 4.3 beta

Posted by Ellen on 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM in General Discussion

Hi Ellen,

Does this work properly if you switch to the legacy MFUSB drivers?

http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Chris

Hi Chris, Indeed, that is the solution. Deploying works now much better than before. (after many tests).
Thank you.

#34721 Howto Readout usb-ftdi-ttl-232-cable

Posted by Ellen on 06 September 2012 - 07:59 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I would look to build a circuit like this:

ND_UART<-->MAX232<-->4N36<-->smart meter

Nak.

Thank you Nak, Baxter...for your clear explanation.
Please can you offer me a link where to buy?.
This is not for myself but for my father (who can not read/write English) and my friend who does .....nothing. :P We will post a diagram here before we connect. I do not want to blow up the meter. :lol:
Ellen

#34525 Howto Readout usb-ftdi-ttl-232-cable

Posted by Ellen on 01 September 2012 - 09:10 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello, My newest project "smart monitoring", and before I buy again the wrong things i do more homework: I have a technical question and am looking for the very best solution. We want to readout a rs232 signal from a electric "smart" home meter. Can I connect a cable like this directly into the USB of the N+?, and if so how to approach this USB connection? http://www.adafruit....ng-immediately/ Or must I use a breakoutboard like this one, is this the best solution.? https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716 I'm curious Ellen

#34566 Howto Readout usb-ftdi-ttl-232-cable

Posted by Ellen on 02 September 2012 - 03:47 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If it was that simpel, but that is not. I need to invert the signal, and i can with a 7404 ttl inverter chip. Thats what the cable also does. (signals RTS en RxD) Price of the cable 23 euro vs the 7404 chip 44 cents. The project must be low budget. Ellen

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.