Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

.NET MF 4.3 beta

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Just spotted at Codeplex... at the time of writing, the SDK is not available (yet?)

Edit: I have downloaded PK.zip before the links were removed, it contains 4.3 version but not all references are updated properly, so I guess it is still in progress. Better to wait for the official announcement and download links.

Edit 2: Download links have been published...

Edited by CW2, 05 October 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Good catch! Just went live :) The lwIP bugfixes and VS2012 support will be good. We're working on updated firmware and a beta SDK. It will take a little bit to get it all together...but I'll post once updated firmware is ready. Chris

#3 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Any chance this version is going to support > 2GB SD Cards? Been waiting to see that implemented. Definitely a major issue with the 1&2GB SD cards becoming scarce except online, but I can't expect people who by a product to go online to buy 2GB SD Cards.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi Dave,

Any chance this version is going to support > 2GB SD Cards? Been waiting to see that implemented. Definitely a major issue with the 1&2GB SD cards becoming scarce except online, but I can't expect people who by a product to go online to buy 2GB SD Cards.

I'll check and see. Just so you know, the "2GB" limitation is an arbitrary line we draw in the sand. In reality the firmware will work with lots of other cards. We just know that SD cards were more standards-compliant with the SD (MMC) SPI standard. We're trying to over-deliver a bit on the spec.

I actually haven't found any NETMF solutions which support all SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. Some come close.

The things to be aware of with SD card implementations:
  • Some SDHC/SDXC cards require a lot more power and/or power supply capacitors to function properly
  • Some cards do not comply with the SD standard (there was some gray area for a while during the transition from SD to SDHC)
  • Some mainboards implement SD patents without notifying the user that they license the patents...burdening those who incorporate it into a product with unexpected royalty payments.
David has done a lot of work with SDHC card support in NETMF 4.1. If those enhancements have not made it back into NETMF 4.3, we'll see what we can do to pull them back in.

Chris

#5 Ellen

Ellen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRotterdam, Netherlands

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Chris, may I have your attention on this case. Is there any attention of you or/and MS for the bad connenction and deployment of the program files to the Netduino+ with MS VB express. It seems that when we plugin a new Netduino+ (after we have have done update to 4.2 with Samba and mfdeploy on another machine) and want to deploy the program file to the N+, VB take's some time for "a solution" and then lose the connection. After plugin and out etc reset the computer and try again...pppffff VB starts the transfer in the best case or hangs otherwise waiting for deployment. Ellen.

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi Ellen,

Chris, may I have your attention on this case. Is there any attention of you or/and MS for the bad connenction and deployment of the program files to the Netduino+ with MS VB express.

Does this work properly if you switch to the legacy MFUSB drivers?

http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Chris

#7 Nobby

Nobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Was just about to go to bed and saw this thread. Downloaded the beta framework and installed. Two days ago I downloaded and installed the retail VS2012 Professional. Microframework applications in my solutions now load. I built a 4.2 netduino+ application, deployed and debugged, working fine so far. Will be putting this to a hard test over the next few days and hopefully will be able to do away with 2010.

#8 Ellen

Ellen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRotterdam, Netherlands

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi Ellen,

Does this work properly if you switch to the legacy MFUSB drivers?

http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Chris

Hi Chris, Indeed, that is the solution. Deploying works now much better than before. (after many tests).
Thank you.

#9 tibel

tibel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hi Chris, can you give us an estimation when you think 4.3 beta firmware will be ready? Thanks

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi tibel,

can you give us an estimation when you think 4.3 beta firmware will be ready?

I don't have a date quite yet. There are a few glitches in the 4.3 PK (compiler glitches, networking tweaks, etc.) that we're working through.

I'll post an update once it's ready. Should be in the next few weeks. We're excited for the update.

Chris

#11 MiGo

MiGo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi Chris, I tried to use UDP multicasts on Netduino Plus (4.2), but couldn't make it work. Searching the forums it seems that it is currently not supported. Is there any chance that it will be supported in 4.3? Thanks

#12 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I tried to use UDP multicasts on Netduino Plus (4.2), but couldn't make it work. Searching the forums it seems that it is currently not supported. Is there any chance that it will be supported in 4.3?

There are a lot of changes in 4.3. Since lwIP has been upgraded, we'll be inheriting more than a year of lwIP bugfixes as well. Hopefully this is covered.

We'll have a beta of 4.3 soon...so there will be lots to test out.

Chris

#13 Dave Robinson

Dave Robinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

We'll have a beta of 4.3 soon...so there will be lots to test out.  

Any news Chris?

#14 iced98lx

iced98lx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Looking forward to it.

#15 Dalrain

Dalrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

As a new member of the community, and shiny new VS2012 installer, I'd love to get a new update on the status of 4.3.  (Netduino plus 2 coming on Wednesday!)

#16 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

HI Dalrain,
As a new member of the community, and shiny new VS2012 installer, I'd love to get a new update on the status of 4.3.  (Netduino plus 2 coming on Wednesday!)
We're testing 4.2 with VS2012 right now, and some early 4.3 beta bits are also up and running and in testing. We'll have some 4.2 updates for your new Netduino Plus 2 shortly as well ;) Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.