Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fahdil's Content

There have been 53 items by Fahdil (Search limited from 09-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55725 Automated Urban Garden

Posted by Fahdil on 29 January 2014 - 10:20 AM in Project Showcase

Good Business.... haha...

do you know your method so much help full for Tea Plantation. when the atmospheric temperature goes below  10-14C it will freeze the leaf. in Indonesia, when it's happen the plantation lost about 60% of normal harvest. 

the solution is, whenever the temperature goes below 15C(in example; need more observation), you just need to control water sprinkle above the leaf (smaller holes the better, we want the water vapor keep longer in the air.). as we know, that the water has a higher heat capacity than the air. so you can control the air temperature. :)

Cheers

this when science makes money.... :lol:

#56310 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 08:27 PM in Project Showcase

ok.. another great work Andy. 

allows for multiple MCP23S17s to be defined and will produce outputs in a continuous array

so... actually i dont need to drive LCD display using M74HC595. I think it should be easier to drive it using MCP2317.... :rolleyes:

thanks in advance for hanz and andy.

#56300 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 01:51 PM in Project Showcase

what a great work :ph34r: ...

but I've headache while read those code... hahaha :lol:

little bit slowly to understand the code. :P .... 

#56314 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 09:56 PM in Project Showcase

It's clear enough for me... God thanks....

so.. for the LCD display,, there is no easier way to mix it with microLiquidCristal class.

var lcdProvider = new GpioLcdTransferProvider(MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_12, // RSMCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_11, // enableMCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_10, // d4MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_9, // d5MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_8, // d6MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_7); // d7var myLcd = new Lcd(lcdProvider);myLcd.begin(16,2);

and..... maybe a little modification on LcdProvider Class....  ^_^

but First thing to do is lookin for the chip on the market. hepfh.... :blink:

#56317 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 10:17 PM in Project Showcase

exactly..... :D...  thanks to you.... 

I hope to see that chip on the market. Last time i looked for 74HC595, it takes 2hours before i found 2 of it on the  market!!! :lol:

cheers

#55810 ADC value divide by 1024 or 1023

Posted by Fahdil on 02 February 2014 - 01:54 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Dear Guys,

I cant measure 0.0mV even I put the analog pin to Gnd. it's still read as 3.3 - 6.4mV.... I'm using RTC on A4/A5. If I remove this RTC and undeclare it on the code, I can reach 0.0mV, but impossible while RTC is plug in.

It's annoying... Most My sensor has sensitivity on millivolts range. Does anyone have the same experience? any way out?

#55696 DS1307 Real Time Clock

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 06:22 AM in Project Showcase

Sorry Late Response,

I will put my netduino as Weather Station in a middle of forest, it will hard to get any internet connection. so I planed to sync my RTC to my PC clock. :huh:

if in the Arduino I just run this code...

// following line sets the RTC to the date & time this sketch was compiled    RTC.begin(DateTime(__DATE__, __TIME__)); 

very appreciate for any explain... :D

Cheers

#55576 DS1307 Real Time Clock

Posted by Fahdil on 23 January 2014 - 02:32 PM in Project Showcase

Still can't get the DateTime.Now... it's return 2002/01/01 00:00:00

I'm using RTC from Seed Studio. the configuration below:

SDA -- > R 4.7k  --> Vcc (5v)

SCL --> R 4.7 k --> Vcc

should I breakout the Pull Up resistor from Vcc to 3.3V battery? to make this code works?

#55577 DS1307 Real Time Clock

Posted by Fahdil on 23 January 2014 - 02:59 PM in Project Showcase

what a silly... :unsure:

I just Run this code

// TODO: Do this only once to set your clock//clock.SetClock(10, 8, 26, 17, 45, 30, DayOfWeek.Wednesday);

then It's work..... :P

so I need to set the clock at the first time. umm

is there any way for me to get the Clock from my PC?

#56386 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by Fahdil on 25 February 2014 - 11:36 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Nothing Show up on device manager... I've using 4.2 version installed.

Yes I did, try erasing and re-flashing... and yes last time I did passed the enable boot script. so I reset it again (connecting gold pin near D0 to 3.3v). but It's the USB port not detected anymore.

#56378 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by Fahdil on 25 February 2014 - 08:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Update.....

My broken Netduino appears in comp management for Once...... 

After a month I left my broken NP1, today I take a bit try to plug it to my PC. Surprisingly, it's appear on comp. management. So I open my Samba and send the tinibooloader.  Successfully thought.... -_-

So it have to re-plug to see and ping on MFdeploy.... and Tarraaaaa it's doesn't detected anymore....

So I assume:

1. Somewhere in Netduino USB port maybe broken.

2. there is a remaining current for a while after plug out the usb (something like capacitive current). once this current drain out, I can detect the Netduino again for once. dunno how long.

hoho funny.... but I do experience this.... first time I try to re-plug it was a week after the Netduino was death, and the next 2 days. So I decide to bought the new 1. Today i give it a try with the death NP, and still happening so I post to the forum. Hope someone could solve this.

cheers

#55704 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 01:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

If you plug the board into your PC while firmly holding down the pushbutton--and the blue LED does not turn off--then it is either in bootloader mode or the board is damaged. If it is bootloader mode, you'll get device enumeration via USB. If it doesn't enumerate (on any PC) in this condition, then something somewhere has is damaged :( Chris

it's happened to me.... I guess.... badly i dont know why it's happened. once I try to deploy my sketch, the debugger says that cant connect to netduino. I try to re-plug netduino and deploy it once again, and it's still happen. so i try to flush my netduino tarraaaa... netduino doesnt appear anymore in my hardware management.

My Netduino+ has damage. it force me to buy another one... the sketch deployed successfully.

so until now, I dunno what's the problem exactly.

huff :angry: ... I wish it doesnt happen ever again. :lol:

#55805 Analog Input Example on the Netduino Plus and Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Fahdil on 02 February 2014 - 07:41 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

After adding a 200k resistor. the ofset become 0.64 - 0.93 mv 

did someone know how to stabilize the analog read? (remove the noise)

cheers

#55771 Analog Input Example on the Netduino Plus and Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Fahdil on 31 January 2014 - 09:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi guys,

I've got inaccurate analog reads. 

in my multimeter the the sensor output is ~280mv but the netduino always read the value as 319mv. 

I'm using LM35 as the sensor. so 319 mv = 31.9C. it's to far from 28C

now I'm force to add an offset = -40.21 mv to get close enough to actual value.

do someone ever experience this? any suggestion?

cheers

#52494 Analog Input Example on the Netduino Plus and Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Fahdil on 02 September 2013 - 02:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

cool..... class works fine....

a little bit modif....

Using the class:

AnalogInput A0 = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);            ADC.Conversion Temp;                  Temp = new ADC.Conversion(A0.Read());            DataStorage Log = new DataStorage("testFile.csv", "testPath");                                    while (true)            {                                    Temp.analogread(A0.Read());            //Log.ContentFile = Contain.MovingAverage(Temp.miliVolts).ToString("F");            if (Log.Write())            {                Debug.Print( Temp.miliVolts.ToString("F");            }            else { Debug.Print("Write Data Error"); }                        Thread.Sleep(10000);            }

Attached Files

• Attached File  ADC.cs   1.59KB   95 downloads

#52709 News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

Posted by Fahdil on 11 September 2013 - 05:55 PM in Visual Studio

Hi Carlos,

Posted Image

We're working on VS2012 support. If you'd like to get started with VS2012 now, you can do the following:

1. Install the .NET MF 4.3 SDK (from netmf.codeplex.com)
2. Install the latest Netduino 4.2 SDK (from our Downloads page)
3. Create a .NET Micro Framework "Console Application"
4. Add "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll" and "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll" from the Netduino SDK directory (in Program Files (x86).

That will effectively do the same thing as the Netduino SDK templates.

You can also be able to install Visual C# 2010 Express side-by-side with VS2012, although I always install VS2010 first.

Chris

dear Cris,

Posted Image

is it possible to replacing that "Microsoft.VisualBasic" Versi 1.0.0.0 (see. pic) with "Microsoft.VisualBasic" library which include in framework 4.5 on "C:Program Files (x86)Reference AssembliesMicrosoftFramework.NETFrameworkv4.5Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll"

I found that some classes like microsoft.visualbasic.controlchars is not included on .NET MF 4.3 versa. please some advise

Regards

#52735 News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

Posted by Fahdil on 13 September 2013 - 08:13 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Fahdil, Visual Basic compiles using VBCore for .NET MF. That enables apps which are just a few KB bigger, and eliminates the dependency on the VB runtime. As far as the VB runtime goes...if you include it in your project you'll want to use the version designed for .NET MF. It's a subset of the larger set found on the desktop, but it should be a pretty good subset. Does that help? Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your info, I'll keep update if i found the bug later. anyway thanks :) ...

So Glad to secretLab team... Bravo... And By the way, Netduino will be so much cool if we have more Analog Pins ehehe :D

#52714 News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

Posted by Fahdil on 11 September 2013 - 07:39 PM in Visual Studio

4.5 is the full framework which you cannot use.
4.3 if the latest microframework.

umm...

Acctually I did replacing the "microsoft.visualbasic.dll" v1.0.0.0 on NETMF4.2 with "microsoft.visualbasic.dll" V10.0.0 on Framework 4.5

here is my screencap...:

Posted Image

I didn't sure if it's OK to compile or not... I will let u know if it really work

But I just wonder, if it will cause an error later..?

btw, thx for the respon

#58440 Committing File to SD Card

Posted by Fahdil on 27 May 2014 - 07:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it's an essential problem. I just wonder to buy N+2, but after read this thread....  I think twice, maybe it's ok to keep develop my project using N+  :wacko:

#55798 Weird problem powering up GSM shield

Posted by Fahdil on 02 February 2014 - 03:37 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thank you very much. Very insightful  :)

Yes I did pretty much get to grips with the SIM900 now. I'm getting round the power-up problem using a relay as mentionedd before. It is very cumbersome, and wastes a GPIO pin, but it will do for now.

I also managed to hit the USB power limit finally. Determined to find the limit, I dropped in a shift register with LEDs attached ... once I got to 8 LEDs on the SIM900 wouldn't power on any more  B)

to power it up, just declare Pin 8 as output, False. then you can control the power button through pin 9. send High from netduino for 500ms.

regards

#52605 Weird problem powering up GSM shield

Posted by Fahdil on 06 September 2013 - 04:13 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thank you very much. Very insightful  :)

Yes I did pretty much get to grips with the SIM900 now. I'm getting round the power-up problem using a relay as mentionedd before. It is very cumbersome, and wastes a GPIO pin, but it will do for now.

I also managed to hit the USB power limit finally. Determined to find the limit, I dropped in a shift register with LEDs attached ... once I got to 8 LEDs on the SIM900 wouldn't power on any more  B)

Hi NightHawk

I do use Icomsat V1.1 and Netduino too...  could you please share the code how to communicate with it. Do you use serial communication on it?

so... do you turn it off and on automatically to safe the power?

#56387 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by Fahdil on 25 February 2014 - 12:06 PM in Project Showcase

So as long as... My Netduino has an IP. it is possible to try.hmm

and about the broker, do we need a contract with them, or it's just a free service?

thanks anyway for your respon

#55850 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by Fahdil on 04 February 2014 - 10:01 AM in Project Showcase

I love using MQTT myself. I have my home automation system running on MQTT. It only consists of lawn irrigation and garage door controller right now. I also have a home security lab that connects 11 netduinos via MQTT. Take a look at http://cloudhomesecurity.com for details. You can find kinks to the code on the website. The mqtt library needs a lot of work though.

Hi Mike,

I saw that you used a LAN cable to connect the netduino to MQTT broker(or maybe internet). Is it possible to use MQTT via GSM/GPRS shield? I dont have idea what MQTT exactly is? if I want to measure an environment in the remote site, which is no 3G connection. but I want to use M2M protocol, what I have to prepare to learn.?

Here is My desired topology:

Netduino+ --> GSM/GPRS shield .......?....... ----> GSM modem (wavecom etc) --->PC

can i comunicate between those GSM modem via MQTT? or M2M? is there any special requirements?

*still googling about it....

cheers

#55698 Rain sensor

Posted by Fahdil on 28 January 2014 - 07:36 AM in General Discussion

If I were u... maybe I will try to using... resistant wire.... (cheap solution)

if any water falls on the cable... it will change it's resistance and you can trigger any digital I/O. I was use it as water level recorder.

and I found this solution on my bike fuel tank also.

wire the cable like this (it's 1 cable), once any water drop in the middle of string it will changes its resistance. 

---------------------------

#52609 implementing serial communication for netduino plus 2

Posted by Fahdil on 06 September 2013 - 07:56 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Well I said I only compiled it not that I ran it!  haha!  OK Now I have run it.  You also need to do a serialPort.Open() on the serial port.  So change main to this:

public static void Main(){	// write your code here	SerialPort serialPort = new SerialPort("COM1", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);	serialPort.Open();	byte[] outBuffer = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Hello World!rn");	serialPort.Write(outBuffer, 0, outBuffer.Length);            	serialPort.Dispose();            //keeps the emulator running to see results            	Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);}

which came from running code, and I can see the output from the serial port.

And I guess you've stumbled across one of the little joys: you got an ArgumentException, but the arguments (to Write) were fine, it was just the state of the object was unexpected.

Hi all.

I'm using GSMshield Icomsat v1.1 with netduinoplus. I need to communicate with the GSmShield through the serial port. on your post above, I just dont see declaration about netduino digital Pins as Rx/Tx. can anybody explain?

thx

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.