Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

bsilvereagle's Content

There have been 11 items by bsilvereagle (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47159 Using SPI Directly on Netduino Go

Posted by bsilvereagle on 13 March 2013 - 10:08 PM in Netduino Go

I'm not sure why you are getting an exception in the Shieldbase dll, but you need to specify a pin for the Chip Select. 

http://www.netduino....o/schematic.pdf

If you're using a device connected to GoSocket 3 you would use (Cpu.Pin)4 as can be seen in the above schematic. 

Also, I and others have run into SPI bugs when running under ~3000 kHz. So you may want to up your speed. 

#45866 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by bsilvereagle on 20 February 2013 - 03:09 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thank you yogotie.

#45839 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by bsilvereagle on 19 February 2013 - 07:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ST updated their website - all the links fro STDFU Test links are broken and I couldn't find good ones. 

#45607 Running out of I/Os

Posted by bsilvereagle on 16 February 2013 - 06:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

It is a little ambitious, but you can create GoBus modules using other microprocessors as "modules". In doing this, you gain all the GPIO pins of the new microprocessor. 

I have done this with a Parallax Propeller and am also doing it with a Netduino Plus 2. Unfortunately, the code isn't public yet (it will be by April). If you are not interested in the wait and want to start writing your own drivers, don't be afraid to PM me for help. 

Also, keep in mind that every GoBus is essentially a SPI bus - if you find a SPI I/O expander you could talk directly to it over the GoBus - granted, you will have to write a custom driver and will lose the benefits of GoBus 1.5/2.0. 

Good luck!

#45491 Serial Communication Not Working

Posted by bsilvereagle on 14 February 2013 - 04:25 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Paul you were absolutely correct, I changed the values to > 0x20 and now it's working, thanks a lot.  

Chris - not that it matters but it's the Adafruit FTDI Cable

#45428 Serial Communication Not Working

Posted by bsilvereagle on 13 February 2013 - 01:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, I flipped the wires and nothing changed. 

#45405 Serial Communication Not Working

Posted by bsilvereagle on 13 February 2013 - 02:39 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am trying to get a Netduino Plus 2 to communicate with PuTTy.

using System;using System.Net;using System.Net.Sockets;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;using System.IO.Ports;namespace NetduinoPlusRx{    public class Program    {        static SerialPort port;        public static void Main()        {            // write your code here            port = new SerialPort(SerialPorts.COM2, 115200, Parity.None,8,StopBits.One);            port.Open();            while (true)            {                port.Write(new byte[] { 0x01, 0x02, 0x03 }, 0, 2);                Thread.Sleep(100);            }        }    }}

PuTTy isn't picking up anything. I have an FTDI cable with Ground connected to Ground, and Rx/Tx connected to pins 3/2. 

Any thoughts/obvious errors?

#45127 Multiple Netduinos, One Computer

Posted by bsilvereagle on 08 February 2013 - 03:14 AM in General Discussion

Hello,

I have a Netduino Go and a Netduino+2 both connected to my computer and Visual Studio refuses to deploy code to them. 

However, if only one is connected at a time then code deploys fine. 

In 'Device Manager' they both show up as "Netduino". 

Is there a workaround to have multiple Netduino's be programmed from one machine at the same time? Or do I have to program them individually?

Thanks,

bsilvereagle

#44643 HOW TO USE PUTTY

Posted by bsilvereagle on 31 January 2013 - 01:49 AM in General Discussion

ALOK

You will need something on the computer COM ports sending the wireless and something on the Netduino deciphering it. 

XBee's have the potential to do this if the Netduino's can be programmed on the serial lines (not sure if they can be). 

#44642 NXTDuino, or damaged NXT brick?

Posted by bsilvereagle on 31 January 2013 - 01:47 AM in General Discussion

Steve,

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/1430224533

Has all the information you need to reverse engineer the NXT sensor i2c if I remember correctly. It's on a bookshelf that's not in my dorm so I can't double check. 

#39112 December I2C Beta Drivers

Posted by bsilvereagle on 12 November 2012 - 03:58 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

2. For existing shields which use I2C, you'll want to connect jumper wires between SDA/SCL and A4/A5 for the moment. We're working on an enhancement for the I2C class which will mirror the I2C data on A4/A5 by default (and also turn off the mirroring...so you can get two extra GPIOs instead). That new feature will be available in a December firmware update, giving us the best of both worlds. The same firmware update will bring I2C to Shield Base.

I am using a Shield Base with a Netduino go and was wondering when I2C was going to be implemented. Is there a firmer date than "December" from the above quote? Or if there was an alpha/beta firmware that already implemented I2C for the shield base.

Thanks for all the good work.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.