Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

José Ángel's Content

There have been 39 items by José Ángel (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12765 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by José Ángel on 02 May 2011 - 09:36 PM in General Discussion

Uo, another interesting project of MSR released! :D

#11966 Read Debug.Print() output without Visual Studio

Posted by José Ángel on 11 April 2011 - 08:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

No, right now it's not supported. The usb connection is only available to deploy and debug the apps with Visual Studio :(

#11963 Atmel AVR Studio 5

Posted by José Ángel on 11 April 2011 - 05:40 PM in General Discussion

Unfortunately, Visual Studio-based shell is intended primarily for hosting programming languages and software development tools, it does not come with any compiler (i.e. Atmel uses it just as front-end GUI for their tools). VS IDE can be used to launch third-party compilers/linkers (*) etc., but personally I would like to have C++/CLI for ARM - Microsoft already has ARM compiler for years, in embedded Windows SKDs (CE, now the newest Embedded Compact 7).

(*) I was developing VS IDE for MCS-51 toolchains (i.e. Keil C51, SDCC etc.), but there was a serious issue with custom linker build command that did not support passing multiple inputs, fixing that would require implementation of the complete custom build system - which is now possible due to the new common project system and because the whole build system is based on MSBuild.

Wow, it's very interesting the Visual Studio based shell. I think that it's not being used a lot due to that only works on Windows OS

#11895 Atmel AVR Studio 5

Posted by José Ángel on 10 April 2011 - 08:07 PM in General Discussion

Wow, I didn´t know that Microsoft gives the opportunity to use a Visual Studio based editor to other companies. I prefer this than the lMPLAB X from Microchip based on Eclipse Incredible! :D

#11405 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by José Ángel on 28 March 2011 - 08:57 PM in General Discussion

Hi José,

We're working on a new commercial product line using .NET MF and will be sharing 10,000's of lines of code between the .NET MF hardware and Windows Phone. Right now, we're compiling some of that code against .NET CF 3.5 as well.

Windows Phone won't allow GPIO access or direct sockets (yet), but it can share a ton of support classes...

Chris

WoW, I didn't know that kind of compatibility between these two platforms! I'll wait for you project to learn more about that :rolleyes:

#11226 Terminal emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 March 2011 - 08:58 PM in General Discussion

I use putty too :rolleyes:

#11225 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by José Ángel on 23 March 2011 - 08:56 PM in General Discussion

The goal is to write a sample project which works in both places using the same C# code. But we could certainly write an iPhone app in C# too (using Mono). That would be cool. [We have WebOS phones, Windows Mobile phones, iPhones, etc. in the labs.]

But mostly, we got new Windows Phones and wanted an excuse to write some code for them :)

Chris

What kind of project? I think that is going to be difficult to run a project inside the Windows Phone 7 with the same code that in Arduino because Windows Phone 7 is very restricted :(

#5552 Netduino Book - Getting Started with the Internet of Things

Posted by José Ángel on 30 November 2010 - 10:49 PM in General Discussion

Anyone have a link or details of the book?

+1 :rolleyes:

#1410 Netduino Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 27 August 2010 - 11:10 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi! hwiguna and me are working on it, if you are interested in developing the emulator, I can add you to the Codeplex Project as a developer. This way, you can use the Team Foundation repository to upload and share the code and work all together. Regards!

#1145 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 August 2010 - 01:32 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hmmm, I've done a bit of research on the error message myself and it seems it might be related to the version of C# that I'm using - Express 2010.

What version are you running? (I'm guessing not the express version!?)

Not, I'm running an Ultimate version over Windows 7 x86. Have you tried to set the two projects to compile/debug against a "x64" platform instead "Any CPU"?

#1141 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 August 2010 - 12:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks Jose,

Just trying to run this as we speak, but keep getting the following error (Attached!)

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, so I assumed rebuilding the solution would work, but apparently not.

Any ideas?

(EDIT: Added the error message)

I looked for some info about the error but I only find one post on MSDN about Silverlight: http://social.msdn.m...e5-92ea875f694c

I don't have now a x64 machine to test the code, sorry! :unsure:

#1136 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 23 August 2010 - 10:36 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Hari,

I (and everyone else) would be really interested in seeing the code you mention, but I couldn't see it attached to your post?

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi, you can find it in the Patches page of the Codeplex project -> http://netduinoemula.../PatchList.aspx

Can you try it and tell us if it works as hari's videos or something like the video that is attached?

Attached Files

#1099 Netduino 3D Model Almost Done

Posted by José Ángel on 22 August 2010 - 11:22 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You don't need to open the post before doing the 3D model, you can open after doing it :D You are doing a great work with Netduino

#876 Who are behind Netduino?

Posted by José Ángel on 19 August 2010 - 11:20 PM in General Discussion

We are very mysterious, aren't we? I guess that's part of what makes us Secret Labs. We're really, really good at keeping secrets (and as you can see with Netduino, we also like making things very open...kind of a fun paradox.)

Shit! I hate secrets! :P So, I'll wait to have some new news...

p.D: How many people are working on Netduino apart from you?

#859 Who are behind Netduino?

Posted by José Ángel on 19 August 2010 - 06:20 PM in General Discussion

Hi! I know that Netduino is build by Secret Labs but the webpage is very mysterius, only a logo and some contact info. In the forum, Chris is the visible head but I would like to know more about the people that are behind the project, your offices, etc. Some photos in flickr, or some posts in a blog about what are you doing... I would like to snoop around these things :P

#780 Unboxing: first impressions?

Posted by José Ángel on 18 August 2010 - 08:25 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have received now from http://www.protoadvantage.com, it's great! :D The only snag that I've found is with the uUSB connector and cable. The uUSB cable plugs so well that you have to pull it so strong to unplug it The first time I thought that I were going to broke the connector...:unsure:

#713 Steps to restore an Erased Netduino

Posted by José Ángel on 18 August 2010 - 12:35 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I not sure that you actually need to use XP mode. I am doing all my work in Window7 Ultimate 64-bit native mode.
I didn't have to do anything special to make it work either.

I understand that from Chris' post

Just FYI...you can also reflash an erased Netduino via pins D0/D1/GND (using a 3V3 USB to TTL cable or an RS232 shield).

If you press F8 during boot and disable driver signing, does that allow you to load the Atmel drivers.

I'll chat with Atmel and see if there's any way to sign their drivers. Not a quick process, but something we'll start looking at.

Chris

#712 To Deep

Posted by José Ángel on 18 August 2010 - 12:29 AM in General Discussion

Yup i realize it doesn't do it for me haha. Just trying to figure out this Coding.
When i programmed Stamps i had a manual that had all the info onthe commands etc.

What I'm trying to say is instead of me guessing the commands and the unit not understanding what i am
trying to tell it. I need a list of commands that make sense to me and the Duino.

I'm guessing there must have been something some where i just can not find it :).

Cheers Stew

I think that what you need is this beginner's guide to .net micro framework http://www.tinyclr.c...de to NETMF.pdf

#702 USB to PC and Program connection

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 09:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yes, you can put a battery to your Netduino and transfer data to the PC. You can use a wired connection or a wireless one. The easy way to do this is through some third party piece of hardware that supports UART, I2C or SPI protocols to communicate with.

#701 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 09:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks buddy. I was going to team up with you to workon this emulator but I have been so busy lately so I haven't had a chance to even touch my netduino board. I'm not too familiar with WPF but when I have a chance, I'll try to learn WPF and help put more features into. By sharing this project at CodePlex, you're already famous :) Keep up the good work.

No problem, I don't have so much time too. I'll make it in my free time between classes and exams. About WPF, I don't have a lot of experience either but I love learning new things.

I have been writing WPF/Silverlight for a few years now...I would be happy to contribute to the emulator. Let me know if you need some assistance.

All help is well received. You are welcome to the project.

I am reading "Expert .NET Micro Framework" from Apress. The last two chapters talk about "Hardware emulation" and "Emulator components". I have the ebook, so, if any one needed, I can "share the knowledge" with him :P

The main problem that I have now is that I don't know how to start. I don't fully understand how the .net micro framework emulator works and how the Netduino Board Emulator must work.

So, if any one have his ideas more clear than me or knows how to start, I would like to hear him

Thanks!

#672 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 05:24 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

José would you make a project on github or something like that so we might all be able to contribute to your emulator?

I have uploaded to Codeplex, It's supports TFS. The code uploaded is "spaghetti code" but it's the start point to build something :P

You can find it in http://netduinoemulator.codeplex.com

#654 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 01:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Great, I have the emulator running in WPF, so, now it's time to add more things :)

#653 Steps to restore an Erased Netduino

Posted by José Ángel on 17 August 2010 - 01:19 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Could it be that Atmel has no drivers for Windows XP 64-bit? Or any 64-bit OS for that matter?
Because when I try to manually point it to that directory, Windows XP 64-bit says that it "couldn't find the necessary software. make sure that the driver works with x64-based systems."
Is there any other driver I could install maybe? Because, it sounds like the COM port over USB could be something generic.

I have read in another thread that you need XP Mode: http://forums.netdui...indpost__p__283

#532 Netduino Course Materials?

Posted by José Ángel on 16 August 2010 - 12:03 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You can make a Live Broadcast using something like UStream

#531 Emulator

Posted by José Ángel on 15 August 2010 - 11:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Jose,

You did a pretty good job with that simple emulator. By any chance are you going to improve on that emulator with more options? I was thinking about doing it but finding the time is difficult. If you're not going to do it, let me know and I will work on it when I have time. I'm envisioning something similar to this:

http://informatix.mi...edEmulator.aspx

Let me know.

Thanks!

I would like to improve it with more options, but I need two simple things: time and knowledge to do it :) Something like the Advanced Emulator will be great, what do you think about working together to try to build something like that? :rolleyes:

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.